A deserved apology

Joseph OOC

I know I said I wouldn't trouble you any more, and I'm pretty sure none of you care about what I say now, but I feel I need to seriously apologize for my behaviour back then, without any flippancy or airs of superiority. You are truly a warm, welcoming community. You were always honest and upfront and you truly didn't deserve to be misled just for laughs. I was a jerk, I realize that now, I thought not caring about people made me better than them, when, really, it only meant I failed at basic human decency. I'm a different kind of person now, or at least I'm trying to be, and I felt that, while none of you probably care, maybe someone who does care, someone I hurt in some way, will feel better knowing I feel bad about all that I did.

I'm sorry, I really am.

Originally Posted By: .Cain
I thought not caring about people made me better than them, when, really, it only meant I failed at basic human decency.

When everything else is boiled away, this is left as the essential property of why what you did was wrong. I'm glad you've owned up to it.

Apology accepted.

Honesty is as rare as a man without self-pity.

If you plan on returning to N!Prime to 'play' along with the rest of us, then I suppose we'll see how hard you're trying.

I'll reserve judgement until then.

If you're back, welcome back! If you're not, see ya later!

If you'd like to bribe me, I accept PayPal.

The truth of your claim will be proven in time. I sincerely hope you don't betray the trust being shown by these people.

I exclude myself in that statement because, frankly, I don't buy it. You may be utterly in earnest, but until I see proof of it, you're still scum in my book.

Good luck.

Thank you, both for your forgiveness and your honesty. You've again proven to be a great community. When I first posted the apology I wasn't intending to return, but seeing the response... I'll try, and though I know I've made it difficult for myself, I hope to gain your trust.

Archived