Aberrant RPG - Divis Mal ( a good old topic)

Rorschach

Many topics talk about that guy, and I don't mean to get redundant. Moreover, I surely don't look for a new polemic about it.

I just want a full biography of the guy, please laugh

I'll try to fix just what I know about cannon, please fill the blanks.

Michael Daemon Donighal was born in January, 1st, 1900. He was presumeably the son of of some rich American. About his father he once said in a Teragen meeting in 2008 that "he loved playing teacher".

Michael studied in Harvard where he met Mercer. They became close friends, even if Donighal was younger that Mercer. We can suppose that DOnighal was already very brilliant. He fell in a unrequited love with his friend at this time.

In 1922 he assisted with Mercer to the "Hammersmith experiment", where he was submitted to Z-waves and erupted. He quickly became the most powerful human on Earth. WHen MErcer later founded the Aeon Society , he chose to help them, but never really belonged to the team. He didn't share Mercer's view, and as a joke called himself "Doctor Primoris".

His own vision for the Humanity, his ambiguous relationship with Mercer, and apparently a complicated lovestory with Annabelle Newfield finally made him completely break with Aeon. Mercer even felt he has to be stopped, and in 1943 the Aeon Society defeated Primoris (some said that Primoris joined nazis but I see nothing to prove it). Primoris vanished.

Personnally I have no idea of what Donighal did between 1943 and 1998. Probably he planed his next move, learned to use his powers, tried to build the tools to build the tools to understand the real nature of telluric energies.

During this time he apparently stated that "Stalwarts" were the most powerful Inspired beings, and he chose to bet on them. He created the philosophy of Teras (or something close to it at least), and entered chrysalis (or some close state to it)at least 3 times.

He probably met (during 90' I guess) people who already erupted : at least Jeremiah Scripture, maybe also the MAthematician and others.

And march, 23rd 1998 he reproduced Hammersmith accident, but this time , apparently confining and filtering telluric resonance, allowing only dynamic inspirations (some would say "stalwarts", some would say "novas", others would say this is just the same thing, but other topics already treat the subject smile ). Maybe some of his closest and most powerful friends were helpful for the process.

In 2003 Donighal, who called himself now "Divis Mal", met novas who later founded the Teragen movement. He was involved in a close relationship with Scripture who became his confident and consort.

I get over it quickly. This time is well known : the null manifesto in 2005, the 4th chrysalis just after it, his battle with PAx in 2010, and depending of the series, the Night of the long knives.

Finally Mal became something close to a leader for many novas, and led "his" people to Aberrant War. In 2061, he drove his people in a space exodus, just after the Chinese ultimatum and the tragic Lagos MAnifesto.

Many people think he left not just Earth but the whole universe when he reached Q10 and created a new dimension. Others think he became the Colony, and a few others that he's still around in the Trinity area, ready to come back to destroy or even maybe protect humanity.

Please feel free to complete, I would be very grateful. To me the greatest mysteries around the guy are :

1) who really was his father?

2) Did he join nazis in 1943?

3) what did he do between 1943 and 1998?

The big problem here is that you've just documented everything that we know from Canon. Sadly if you want something other than a bunch of "in my game" answers, you're going to have to track down Blackwelder, Bates or Baugh and get them to think back to what they were intending before the line was canned.

While it never made it into Canon, (and if my memory's correct) they did say in one of the old AOL Developer chats that Mal was supposed to be a '2nd Gen Nova' from the beginning which I guess would amount to a superior-stalwart if using A!. I honestly don't remember if that's also where I got the idea that Primoris joined the Nazis or not but I had sworn I'd seen it in print. I have looked since joining this forum though and cannot find it in Adventure!.

Thanks

I'm vaguely aware of hearing somebody mention that he does indeed have arms. wink

I don't recall hearing much about his past but I think Bates said somewhere that he really wasn't supposed to be in Aeon(f-you MTV), in fact I think I recall that the Aberrants (and maybe the Doyen)were added because WW asked for a more definative enemy for the psions. Neither Aberrant nor Adventure! had a specific organized villian in the way Aeon did.

In 2003 Donighal, who called himself now "Divis Mal", met novas who later founded the Teragen movement. He was involved in a close relationship with Scripture who became his confident and consort.

Is miss leading at best. He did not make the movement is simple compelled the founders to make the movement public.

We know that people know he was a nova predating 1998.

I know we know more but I can't recall the details.

Originally Posted By: Robert J. Lambert
Why don't you give examples then? The reason this topic was created was to share this information.

There are few other details about Mal we know but seeing as I can't quote them word for word, I will not bring them up because the reactions I know I will get.

No need to quote them word for word, paraphrase as best you can. Seriously Cat, just take a second to review what you're about to post and I'm sure there won't be any issues.

You have the means to correct a majority of what people have reactions to. It's the third button right there underneath the little box I'm typing in right now. That's all people ask of you.

As for Divid Mal, seriously people, I wish I could help but I know two things about the guy: Jack and Shit. Like most WW canon characters I find him to be lame, ignorant and very poorly defined.

In every game I've ever ran he's been a Q3 guy with Biolum who generally tends to die within the first few games in a very embarassing way. It's a comedy ritual for us.

I've actually always been more interested in what happens to him in the Trinity era. I personally find it hard to believe that they would develop him through the first two parts of the world and then have him not exist in part three.

Its just a shame the line was canned so we have so little real canon

well, yes and no. The boon of lack of cannon means that Divis Mal is not set in stone, the bane is that he is not much when it come to character.

Points that could be made, are wide and varying but cannot be proved.

One of them is that he set up the novas on earth to fail after he found out that he failed in making them without taint, or with too much taint.

Another is that he is really self loathing and he tainted himself and novas because his emo power. It is White Wolf.

He could fear his own power. He does not act not because he does not want to act but because not matter how he acted he would change to many things.

But as noted above we have little to base things on. What we do know is more of what he can't or does not do.

Mal has been discussed on other threads, but a lot of it's been spinning big fluffy theories from damn little factoids. The letter to Mercer in A!, the picture of him and Narcosis, the semi-vague write-up of his suggested powers: from these and other tidbits, you can try to portray the nova. The Teragen book provides more than most to work with.

Originally Posted By: Dave OOC

As for Divid Mal, seriously people, I wish I could help but I know two things about the guy: Jack and Shit. Like most WW canon characters I find him to be lame, ignorant and very poorly defined.

In every game I've ever ran he's been a Q3 guy with Biolum who generally tends to die within the first few games in a very embarassing way. It's a comedy ritual for us.

Ahahaha. I'll try this one, one of those days.

Archived