Aberrant RPG - Bodymorph and Space

John Galt

In the players handbook, it discusses novas in space. And of course adaptability allows the nova to survive, however, something odd, they mention that bodymorph can also allow survival in space, but there not clear on what form bodymorphs take, any ideas on that? Thanks!

Any pure energy form (especially light) would be appropriate, possibly with a dot or two each of Flight and Hypermove. Fire, on the other hand, would probably be a pretty tough sell without actually buying the adaptability enhancement; ditto water, because at space temperatures you'd be an icecube in a heartbeat without adaptability. Also, any form of metal would probably be fine (see Seph's comments about rocks).

It's worse than you think Wargear, being an average liquid in space means you get evaporated in seconds, less pressure equates to a lower boiling point, space has an average of 3 Hydrogen particles for each cubic centimeter. Makes for one hell of a lack of pressure, thus boiling points drop into into the triple negatives and evaporate. =D

Some good stuff here, and I would agree, the tricky thing I would see, that a ST might complain about, is that in matter chameleon (the power I have, which uses bodymorph as a guideline) specifically talks about still having to breath, at least in relation to the "walking through matter" power. : (

Is it a lost cause, I only ask because the rest of the party has adaptability and I know the ST will take us into space sometime. thanks again

Originally Posted By: Seph OOC
My supposition would be that any inorganic, nonliving matter would effectively have Adaptability by fiat of Bodymorph. Rocks don't need to breathe, so neither would a nova BM'd to shale or quartz.
The comic book rules on this are unclear. Sometimes bodymorph gives Adaptability as part of the package, sometimes it doesn't. My abby experiences are also unclear, some STs give it out, sometimes they don't.

Colusus from the X-men has both been stated to need to breath and to not need to breath. The Human Torch mostly has always needed to breath (and by abby rules he should probably be built with Bodymorph.)

A case can be made either way, you should ask your ST. Personally I wouldn't give it out for the same reason that someone made of "Light" doesn't automatically gain teleport. Adaptability is in theme for someone like that, but you still have to buy it.

Archived