[OpNet] Hello from New York

Tori 'TK' Kryzchi

Hello crew. My name is Tori K., and I'm the lead singer of Screaming Oh No's. This is kind of a secret, but I am a nova.. which I'm sure is obvious enough by my being here. I'd like not to discuss why my being a Nova is a secret from the gen-pop, but I would be deeply thankful if you'd continue to hold it as a secret.

Anyway, I'm here because I wanted to find someone(s) to talk to. I don't want deep, meaningful conversation of philosophy or religion. I just want to have some people I can be nice with, or some people that I could call friends.

I feel I'm giving off the impression that I am desperite; I am not. I'm genuinely nice most of the time, but I am not begging for friends. I won't bend through some invisible set of strings just to say 'hi' to you every now and then. I'm trying to make this is simple and relatively commitment less as possible.

welcome to the boards Tori.

I'll second Lou Anne's warning about the aforementioned topics, they come up around here alot.

For the most part though this place is pretty nice, and it's a good place for meeting a wide variety of novas.

Hm. You're the one that likes the abuse, huh? Want to punish daddy by letting someone punish your ass, is that it? Damn shame you're young enough to be my daughter, or else I might let you ride the hog. As it is, naughty Nova took the words right out of my mouth.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Tori 'TK' Kryzchi
Hello crew. My name is Tori K., and I'm the lead singer of Screaming Oh No's. This is kind of a secret, but I am a nova.. which I'm sure is obvious enough by my being here. I'd like not to discuss why my being a Nova is a secret from the gen-pop, but I would be deeply thankful if you'd continue to hold it as a secret.

Last I knew Baselines were permitted to read these forums, just not post. We get quite a few of them hacking the place now and again (like that CoMA guy Jacob, I think). It's safe to say your secret is out.

Way to go slapnut.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm here because I wanted to find someone(s) to talk to.

Buy a parrot. I hear Norwegian Blues are nice.

Quote:
I don't want deep, meaningful conversation of philosophy or religion.

Mostly sex, alcohol, and infidelity. Jump right in.

Quote:
I just want to have some people I can be nice with, or some people that I could call friends.

Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.

Quote:
I feel I'm giving off the impression that I am desperite; I am not.

Yeah... yeah... you are.

Quote:
I'm genuinely nice most of the time, but I am not begging for friends.

Why not? I'd listen to a little groveling.

Quote:
I won't bend through some invisible set of strings just to say 'hi' to you every now and then.

You should. Sometimes it's the extra mile that let's us know you care.

Quote:
I'm trying to make this is simple and relatively commitment less as possible.

Girl, rule one of this place: We all should be committed.

Originally Posted By: Trooper
Hey TK, you have a couple fans here at Devries. They were kind of suprised to hear that you're a nova. You probably could make quite a bit of coin off that you know.

I'm surprised to hear I have fans outside of NYC, actually. And I think there are enough superstars in this world to permit my low profile career.

And Revenant? That's totally hot.

Welcome to the Home for Wayward Quantum Accidents. We hope you enjoy your stay. Kindly observe all rules and regulations.

1) Starting fights between members is not only allowed, it is encouraged.

2) The more profane and colorful, the better.

3) Winky-Waving is the preferred sport amongst the members, so prepare yourself for Whip-It-Out Wednesdays.

4) Your life will be threatened at least once by someone who can feasibly kill you. It's rare that they will try making good on the threat, but it will be made, so don't fret too much when it happens.

5) We are all exceptions. Accept it and deal with it now.

6) Most (but not all) of us are Quantum Accidents. Some of us are very sensitive about this. Those who are generally don't like this fact pointed out.

7) At some point, you will have a relationship with someone here. It's best not to dwell on this, as it might be someone you don't get a good first impression of.

8) Though things have been quiet on this front for a while, do not get involved in an argument between Jager and Ashnod when and if it occurs. It is NEVER worth your time.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Revenant
Uh, what is?

Well, my initial post was me really trying to be nice. Sure, I had seen some people being angry and just being mean, but after a welcome like yours I'm very, very amused that I attempted to be so well mannered. Lack of restraint is hot. Or sexy. Whatever you want to call it.

Edit: Oh yeah. And its my Birthday.

What's wrong with that?

Except for the fact that you're coming on to some pop star who's flirting with you on the forum that you know I happen to visit?

Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.

And, of course, since there's nothing wrong with that, there's also nothing wrong with me calling up DX for that long-overdue, up-close-and-personal chat, is there?

Well, it's kind of all I got.

If you have better ones you could always turn on your phone and tell em' to me...

I am not going to call you and tell you how to weasel your way out of an argument with me.

Points for effort, though.

Archived