Aberrant RPG - Aberrent Worldwide

Hello all. I have been trying to get some of gaming group together to try and do a role-playing intensive campaign mostly using the Aberrent Worldwide books. I'm curious to see if anyone else has run them and what the results were. If there were any glaring problems, or things inherent int eh adventures that make them problematic to run smoohtly, etc. Thanks for your time. HAve fun.

Hydra

I have WW2 and my ST has WW1 and we both noticed the same problem, the books assume that the characters never advance beyond being second class characters in the Nova world. If your a terat you are never considered on the the same level as name NPCs, the same for Utopia. So, sometimes the adventures have some major goings on outside of the written plotline and it may seem more natural for the characters who have achieved great noteriety to leave the written adventure to other schlubs.

Those two books are _TOTALLY_ different and you _should_ have different character for both. I.e. Don't take your WW1 team into WW2, it won't work, here's why.

WW1:

From running a presidential election, to possibly saving the world from a religious madman, WW1 can quickly makes the character into super-popular PR Juggernaut if they play their card rights. While the story assume that your players' power level is under the main antagonists, it doesn't really matter as very few of the situation actually need brawn... this book will make mega-smart and mega-jiggy shine.

WWII:

Resolving around covert mission after covert mission, WWII is all that WWI wasn't. It's gritty, dark, dangerous and ultimately, incoherent (anybody made sense of that whole Dominion story?). Battles are aplenty and they are many sidebar telling the ST that the players should feel weak. If you character isn't bullet proof, he probably shouldn't be in a WWII story! The players usually act in stealth or do 'clean up' operation for big guys... going from being public figure to covert op is very weird believe me.

WWI seems to be perfect for Utopia Agent/Directive, while WWII fits Elites or Brutal Teragen much more.

Of course, the power level doesn't mean much, if it's a good team that work in effort (i.e. People protect the mentalist when tanks start flying) your characters will have no problem surving in WWII... but the pace, mood and theme of the stories are still ultimately, different.

[This message has been edited by Winter_Heart (edited 07-29-2001).]

Let's not mention the intriguing statement in WWII about a certain nova with Mega-Int 3 being one of the 5 most intelligent novas in the world, shall we ? (especially given that in the adventure immediately afterward, there's another NPC with Mega-Int 5)

Archived