Aberrant RPG - Software tool to help with Aberrant GMing ?

gendhil

I might come through as the ultimate geek saying this, but I like to have a laptop or a tablet pc with me when I GM aberrant games.

First, it provides me with access to all the books and notes easily (and with search) and to Google Earth (soooo useful when your players decide that they "Quantum Leap 50 kilometers to the north" ... it's much more fun to have then arrive at a real location than deciding or rolling where they get).

Second, I've started to develop a little custom software tool to help with my GMing.

So far, I have coded a part for automating various kinds of awareness checks (sans the suspicious dice rolling behind the screen that lets the players know something is coming at them smile ), and one to generate random personnalities on the fly for NPCs (helpful to have even secondary NPCs have some depth).

My question to the community is twofold :

- do you have any idea of what other tools might be usefull for Computer-Assisted-GMing an aberrant game ?

- Would you be interested if I shared this tool and made it available somewhere for download as it evolves ?

If you use Boost and QB a lot, I found it was handy to have a Boost chart for Strength and Stamina, since they are the two that change so much. For an example, check out the table at the bottom of Sean McCline's character sheet (here: http://www.geocities.com/pryzmkess/chaos.htm ).

I have a QB chart - it is an Excel file that lets you determine autos and dice for a QB without doing the math. Because I hate math. I would be willing to share this sheet.