Dreamer, a Serious Question

Warren Verona

Dreamer,

Honestly I want to know: What is it with you and religion? It seems like everything you do eventually breaks down to your characters wanting to establish churches and temples and what not.

You can't tell me it a seperate thing for you characters, it's not, it's you. You as a person seem to have some wild hair up your ass for a subject which you have proven time and time again to be completely ignorant on.

• 1 month later...

Um, Name the characters who have talked about religion...I don't think you could name half of them.Better yet, do you even know Alice's views on religion?You see as far as I recall Ezra, Vox, YT.. have said nothing on religion. Catalyst has talked about god at the start but nothing in depth and real pop-culture like.

If I am wrong please show some proof.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chosen.

In the last 12 months, 4 (Catalyst being the least to do so) of your characters have made religion a focal point of their posts 31 times.

I'm not linking each individual topic, you can look that up yourself. It was for that reason that I asked the question, you seem to have issues with organized religion. Seriously, that's your business if you do, like I said I was just asking.

I think what Cat is trying to say is that he feels my 'serious question' was nothing more than an attempt to bait him into something.

No loss here. If he doesn't want conversation that's fine by me. I have no issues going back to ignoring him.

I'm sorry you felt I was attempting to lure you into something, but the fact is most conversations begin with a simple question.

See ya' roun' Cat.

It doesn't matter. If he doesn't want to talk about it I'm not about to bug him to do so. However the fact the he thinks I was going to go through the work of posting 31 links just to appease him is kinda funny.

I'm not about to put that much effort into holding a conversation with someone. Seriously, considering that 99% of N!Prime consider you non-existant were I you I'd at least consider the option of talking to someone should the option present itself, it's called 'getting to know someone'. It occured to me that for all the shit I give you I honstly don't know all that much about you.

Ever stop to think that if it did turn out to be a bait all you had to do was stop talking about it?

Anyway, sorry to bother with it Catalyst. Didn't mean to irritate you.

It seems like everything you do eventually breaks down to your characters wanting to establish churches and temples and what not.

Alice is not all my characters.

You as a person seem to have some wild hair up your ass for a subject which you have proven time and time again to be completely ignorant on.

Tell you what, you are right. I really people who are willing to kill becasue some book written 2,000 odd year ago make vauge references to things that could be mediators for what life is like today.

A opope in my life time told people that condoms Spread AIDS. Wile he was on a chair that gave him the power to be always right...

Yes, Christianity is a horrid,horrid thing. If you believe it then you believe that countless millions of people are doomed to hell simplely because of where or when they were born. Countess millions of people today do not know who Jesus is and never will. They are all going to hell. All of them. Evry baby who dies before they can understand religion, to hell. Look at this way. Even if they were right I would not be one of them.

But beyond that. Catalyst is more Islamic and her religion is tied to her family so when they disowned her she got upset. She is not religious at these days.Things may change.

Dave the things that pissed me off where the blanketed statements. I may as well say all your characters are drug addicts as you saying all my character want to build temples. You then make more of blanketed statement 99% of the boards? There aren't 100 people on the boards and I will be working with around 5 people on fictions within the weeks-end.But hey 1000 new member joined and i didn't notice it.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
Yes, Christianity is a horrid,horrid thing. If you believe it then you believe that countless millions of people are doomed to hell simplely because of where or when they were born. Countess millions of people today do not know who Jesus is and never will. They are all going to hell. All of them. Evry baby who dies before they can understand religion, to hell. Look at this way. Even if they were right I would not be one of them.

I understand your anger. There have been some very, very bad Christians. They have hurt, maimed, killed and worse in the name of their religion.

There are some very, very bad Jews.

There are some very, very bad Muslims.

There are some very, very bad Non-Christians all over the world.

My mother is a kind, gentle woman. My sister is the same, even if she doesn't use a lick of common sense. My father is the same. I am the same, even when I followed this 'horrid, horrid' faith. I could name more, even some people who are on this forum, who have been kind to you, Dreamer, when they didn't have to be.

I won't name them, because I shouldn't have to. What god or gods they follow shouldn't have any reflection on who they are as a person.

Blame the people who did wrong, not the religion they follow.

As a footnote, not all flavors of Christianity believe that someone who has not heard God's word and is not saved will go to Hell (ie, those living before Christ's life and babies). I know that my branch of the S. Baptists didn't; I was taught you had to reject the offer of salvation to be cast into hell. So once again, you are talking about something that you are not fully informed on, or that you have ignored the parts that don't fit your theory. That is unethical, and reflects poorly on your, and your stance. It would be in your own best interest to do some more research on the religion you despise so much.

Sorry to everyone else for the tangent, but I couldn't let that go unchallenged.

Too little too late Catalyst, like I said I'm not about to bug you about this. But man, talk about blanket statements...

Quote:

And here you thought I was bad...

At any rate, good luck in your struggles.

My one and only comment on the matter.

Dreamer, Chosen (I'm sure you're familiar with him, as he created and now maintains this site) specifically asked you to use the spell-check function in your posts (which, as I recall, he put in expressly because you refused to use one that was not built-in to the system, citing technical inability).

It would be my recommendation that you acquiesce to that request, rather than essentially telling him to stuff it. Don't expect a discussion from me, an argument, or a debate, because I frankly am neither concerned about your beliefs nor your feelings- only your adherence to Chosen's rules and the specific behaviors he's asked of you. They are not difficult, and there is no reason you cannot conform to a reasonable expectation of coherence in a text medium. In the future, please do so.

Dawn read the bible some time. Really, I have nothing wrong with Christians, but without sounding like a defus as I can't quote it off the top of my head there is a clear line in the bible.

"I am the way, the light.No one shall come to the father save threw me."

I know that is not the exact wording of it. But that is the exact meaning of it. I will get the page number and refances later on.

That being said I never once said that Islam, Jewish or any other religion was right. Further more if sects of Christianity chooses to ignore the bible, that is their will, and if you chose to ignore Jesus...Go for it.

Even with all my hate of the religion, I do not hate the followers of the religion. I do not hate people, until i know them. You can be a twinker and still be a cool person. You do not have to be your religion.

Originally Posted By: Dave OOC
Too little too late Catalyst, like I said I'm not about to bug you about this. But man, talk about blanket statements...

Quote:
Yes, Christianity is a horrid,horrid thing. If you believe it then you believe that countless millions of people are doomed to hell simplely because of where or when they were born. Countess millions of people today do not know who Jesus is and never will. They are all going to hell. All of them. Every baby who dies before they can understand religion, to hell. Look at this way. Even if they were right I would not be one of them.

And here you thought I was bad...

At any rate, good luck in your struggles.

I am cynical, jaded. I make not a signal excuse for who or what I am.

If Christianity want me to give it a gold star, it had better start melting down it's golden icon and graven images, and stop asking the poor for money to make more.

Dawn read the bible some time. Really, I have nothing wrong with Christians, but without sounding like a defus as I can't quote it off the top of my head there is a clear line in the bible.

"I am the way, the light.No one shall come to the father save threw me."

I know that is not the exact wording of it. But that is the exact meaning of it. I will get the page number and refances later on.

First, spell checker, Dreamer. Chosen, our virtual god, has told you to do so. Google Docs, which I know you have access to and have used in the past, has a spell checker.

Now, to the argument at hand: you'll note that I never said that all Christians agree that way. I said, "not all flavors of Christianity believe that someone who has not heard God's word and is not saved will go to Hell (ie, those living before Christ's life and babies)."

You are looking for John 14:6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Just as a side note, you really should use the chapter and verse reference when quoting the Bible; page numbers vary from edition to edition and translation to translation.

And I have read quite a bit of the Bible. I particularly like the Gospels and the stories in the Torah. And I'm very familiar with John 14:6. Also, given the changes that the Bible has gone through over the years, it is hardly the Word of God anymore. It is the Word of God as European Men Who are Now Dead Wanted Him to Be, in my opinion.

That being said I never once said that Islam, Jewish or any other religion was right. Further more if sects of Christianity chooses to ignore the bible, that is their will, and if you chose to ignore Jesus...Go for it.

But you've displayed a particular vemon for Christianity, which is your perogative; you're allowed to hate as you will. Dave has asked you about it; I don't recall if you've answered him and I don't care to scroll up and find out.

Even with all my hate of the religion, I do not hate the followers of the religion. I do not hate people, until i know them. You can be a twinker and still be a cool person. You do not have to be your religion.

Which you have never made clear; it is only now that you have claimed this. When you use a label for a group, without being specific about who that label encompasses, you create confusion and misunderstandings. Please choose your words with more care in the future.

I was not only bothered by lack links to posts, but the fact that he would not put names of my characters. I am sure I know who is talking about but the thing is that I am not going to reply to him if he is going to be so vague. Here are two of my characters.

Signy is a cynical bitch who thinks she has to save the world, and will never live up to her goals, because no matter how powerful she is. She will never have enough power to stop the war. She looks at the world, and thinks, if god was powerful why does he do nothing.

Alice looks at the world from eyes of a mother who child was stolen from her arms before being born. Her job has sent her threw hell and back again. She has built up cities only to see them burnt to the ground again. She had seen wells of water in Aferca that could no longer be used because people threw people in them and let them ruin the waters. She could not understand how a loving God could let this happen. she is depressed, and takes it out on those around her. But those are short replies to a complex question.

Here is another thing, read "A letter to a Christian Nation". Really,I could put more books and more sources but that is a small and short book, it is simple, easy and makes some sound points.

Think of me what you will,I have my place to fill.

Originally Posted By: Johnny Long Pig
I was not only bothered by lack links to posts, but the fact that he would not put names of my characters.

Well, quite often it's hard to tell one character from another.

True and I am trying to change that..But still that does not change he siad four characters and will nto name them...I tis not like he is protecting a source.

Dude, you know who your characters are, why would I need to post who. I should not have to post a source because frankly Cat there is no need, that’s just a quick and sure-fire way to a flame war and that wasn't the point of the question.

If you think I'm lying, then by all means say so, but if this question was just some ingenious way to start a fight with you then don't you think I would have lit you up already and given you the names you want, and posted each and every example just in an attempt to make you look like a fool? I certainly would have.

I haven't because I have no desire to do so.

Archived