Catalyst

Cat..I am a regular at Mavericks. I also hit up Ghost Tree when it's pumping.

Sometimes I will go to Newport Beach and bodysurf the Wedge. Other times, I will hit places like Blacks, or the Cortez Banks. Athough Cortez Banks is off the coast of Baja, it is basically Southern Cali.

Northern Californa and Southern California are like two different states. While they both follow the California Constitution, they have different cultures. The North tends to be 'laid back' and 'hippie', while the South is 'Hollywood' and 'The Manson Family'. The North has San Fran and Berserkly, and the South has Hollywierd, so who can say who's crazier.

California is the land of 'Fruits' and 'Nuts'

The Fruits live in the North

The Nuts live in the South

North, South. East Coast, West Coast...

It's nothing but an ignorant High School mentality. I live in Southren California and I discovered that once you grow up you no longer notice the differences.

There is no place in this world that seperates itself form another. Each are important and beautiful in their own ways. If not to the people that live there then to the peopl ewho are just passing through.

Its not so much a case that Bollywood/Indian Cinema has stolen Hollywood's market share, but rather that the market has grown so profoundly and the Hindistani producers have been better at adapting to this growth than their American counterparts. To me, theya are both great.

Originally Posted By: Changeling
The Mumbai industry makes all the cool movies. Hollywood is old.

Heh. One of my economics teachers loved watching the entertainment industry. As he pointed out, for every generation after WW II Hollywood was 'old'. They were passe when French cinema was in vogue, and then again when things moved up to Canada for a while and yet again when Hong Kong made the scene. Its not how old you are that matters. Its how adaptive (how much you can beg, borrow, or steal) that matters. Hollywood adapts. Maybe Bollywood will bury Hollywood, but this whole 'Hollywood is Old' thing is nothing new.

Originally Posted By: Divine
This place is soo cool.

I live in LA, and go to all the best nightspots. If any of you are ever in the area, we should go clubbing.

Norther Californina is OK. It is too laid back for my tastes.

Hello to the new face! Good to meet you, Divine! grin

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Aesira
The public conversation between Catalyst and Troy Campbell (5/20 - 2:59pm thru 5/21 - 6:27pm) confuses me. Could someone please clarify what is going on here and why it was public, not private, please?

Oh, come on. With all the conversations that take place on these forums, you single this out to make a post about? I figured talking way, super personal was the norm for this place.

Lina, the posts were made in the recent past, the posters are still clearly paying attention to this thread, and I am curious about such a public declaration of trust you gain by co-habitation. I have trust issues.

Archived