Aberrant RPG - Dial "H" for Hero

SwordDancer

Is anyone familiar with this series? If not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial_H_for_Hero

But anyway, here's the question. How would you go about designing a quantum power that essentially replicates the concept behind this series? I'd like it to work for developing appropriate new quantum powers, enhancements, and abilities if at all possible. I'm just not sure how to balance it, or how to have it work in the first place. Any ideas?

As Wakinyan and Amped would attest, Mutants and Masterminds has a power that fits your request perfectly. However, all Aberrant has that's remotely close to what you're considering is Quantum Imprint, and that requires the power user to touch a target and then mimic the target's power. Not exactly spontaneous power replication, is it?

Yeah, I know M&M has something that works pretty much exactly that way, but I don't have that book, and am more interested in trying to figure out a workable form of the power for the Aberrant setting. Got any ideas on how to handle something this massive from the ground up?

It's really out of flavor for the aberrant setting, IMHO.

Best I can offer is a Gadget made by a nova that has a several different powers built into it, but when active, takes a random selection of them as it's current "scheme" with a limited duration of how long they can be accessed.

Aberrant is not a good system for trying to duplicate every single superhero out there. Since it was created with the idea of creating only Novas there are a lot of mechanics that simply haven't been addressed; Gadget based powers, super science, magic and super normal folks. It can make shoe horning some non-Nova concept nearly impossible to do within the rules.