Aberrant: 2011 - Very, Very Sad News

Libertyne

I'm sure some of you have already heard the news by now. For those of you who haven't... Balm was apparently involved in a fatal fall out of a window at T2M Americas headquarters. I can't really relate the details at the moment... I'm shaking and crying and typing this is really hard. I'm sorry, everyone. It's a stupid, senseless thing, and...just...poor Balm... I know it's too late to do anything for her. But I thought maybe we could share memories of thoughts of her here. And if any of us are planning to go to the funeral, maybe we can go together. We'll need all the shared strength we can get. I know I don't want to go alone.

We'll miss you, Balm. Sleep well.

You don't know what to say? Here, let me give it a try:

I'm really not fucking sure what's more pathetic: that one of the bad-ass idols of T2M had the blatant stupidity to do a header out a window and break her fucking neck, or that you're all sitting around bawling about it, instead of laughing your god-damn asses off.

She fell. Out a window. At T2M headquarters. I mean, how much more fucking hysterical can you get than that?

Jesus, and they say true comedy is dead.

Cyn...normally I won't even respond to you...you're a sadist, and you feed off attention, and I'm not going to give it to you. But I'm going to make an exception both to that rule and to my usual rules against swearing to tell you this;

The next time I see you, I'm going to kick your ass, you bitch.

No doubt you're going to giggle at that and come back with some sharp little barb. That's fine. I don't care what you have to say. The fact that you don't take it seriously doesn't make it any less true.

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
Balm was apparently involved in a fatal fall out of a window at T2M Americas headquarters. ... It's a stupid, senseless thing, and...just...poor Balm...
Going to funerals is part of the business. It doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that gets easier.

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
We'll miss you, Balm. Sleep well.

Originally Posted By: Alexander Vector
Cyn likely had something to do with this. Novas just don't fall out windows.

Actually, no. She did fall. I was there; I saw it. It was awful. She just tripped on the rug and...

I think I need to lay down. Try to sleep again.

Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law
How does a nova that can FLY fall from a window? I know Balm well enough to know she wasn't suicidal.

I'll find out who did this, and when I do...

Gabe, I'm so sorry, but I was there. I'd had to head over to the T2M Americas for my meeting, and I stopped by to say hi. We were talking - about you, actually - and she spun to look at something outside the room. She caught the carpet with her foot and hit her head on the window. She was unconscious before she fell.

It was terrible. I'm so sorry to have to take away the hope that this makes sense, somehow.

It was a mighty big loss on T2M's end, let me tell y'all. Met her once when I was pushin' papers for Rick and his people in Honduras; real nice girl, made me think of all the folks I knew back home.

When I done calling back home and givin' Mum and Dad the news, half of Weipa (where they live) was cryin'. I've barely been off the horn since.

Originally Posted By: Tessa Barnes
It was a mighty big loss on T2M's end, let me tell y'all. Met her once when I was pushin' papers for Rick and his people in Honduras; real nice girl, made me think of all the folks I knew back home.

When I done calling back home and givin' Mum and Dad the news, half of Weipa (where they live) was cryin'. I've barely been off the horn since.

Hello, Tessa, and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry we had to meet under such unhappy circumstances.

Did you work wtih Balm? Do you know anything regarding funeral services or remembrance ceremonies? I don't know that any of us would be invited, and I imagine that the funeral will be a closed affair, but is there any way that those of us who knew her can pay our respects?

What I do know is that she's bein' buried in the family plot in Roma - been a bunch of her family there for a dog's age, an' some cousin from the back of whoop-whoop will be takin' over the farm.

Presence at the funeral's gonna be invite-only, but if y'all can't get there, I know it's goin' to be televised. If you can't get Channel 9, reckon I could record it and put up on the OpNet for you.

I'm capable of attending, Tessa. I simply don't know if I'm invited. I'd like to be. I didn't know Balm very well...we weren't great friends or anything. But I feel compelled to pay my respects. She was a wonderful person. The world is less without her in it.

Lemme see what I got here...

A'right. Balm never planned her funeral much; the invite-only thin' is PR's idea to stop overcrowdin' and all. Pretty much anyone named in her will is invited, as is any member of the Project. If y'all got outstandin' warrants, I wouldn't show up, 'cause it's mighty rude to wreck a funeral.

I know she wants Gabe Law to be singin' 'It's Not Easy To Be Me' there.

There's gonna be a public wake at the biggest spot of clear land in Roma. Plenty of publicity an' big names, includin' Australis, Black Betty and Seabird.

More'n that, I can't tell you.

Named in her will? Gee, I very much doubt that I'm in there. Like I said, we weren't exactly close. Maybe I could come as the 'other' of someone who is, though; how does one know if they're in the will? Is the reading happening before the funeral?

Okay, done gettin' up the will. God, I love my job sometimes.

We have Gabe Law (that was gonna happen), Kara ... who the... Oh, that Kara, Caddy (sorry, I can't say your name) and... Oh. My. God. Summer?!

Oh, wait, seein' what Balm left her...

Your name's on there, Miss LiberTeen, an' all I'm gonna say is get the bleach an' the scrubber ready for what you're gettin'. Oh, an' batteries.

I'll say this, the girl knew how to pick 'em...

Oh... frown Balm put me into her will? Oh, Balm, sweetheart... :sighs: I can't believe she bothered to think of me.

Wait, what? Bleach, a scrubber and batteries? Why, Balm! blush I had no idea! What an appropriate and thoughtful legacy. smile Thanks, Tessa, but I think I'll skip the dishwasher routine.

Archived