Aberrant: 2011 - For us younger Novas

Alexander Vector

Prom? I am not sure about prom at the moment.

I don't think a school I will be going to will have a prom for my class level.

But than again, they might just have a sophmores and guests formal which might be interesting. ANYWAY! I've already baught this neat dress. Its very.. is gothic the right word? Its black, and stuff.

I didn't have a reason to wear it, but its really cool :P

Oh crud. I knew I forgot to do someting! laugh

Seriously, though, I don't know. My junior prom was pretty meh, so I'm skipping the senior one. I've got too much other stuff going on anyway-- even before I became a nova, I mean. I really think the prom is for the people who are never going to do anything better than high school and need these memories to last them for the rest of their lives. Me, I'm going on to bigger and better things. High school was good to me, but it's time to move on.

I disagree. I mean, those people who cherish prom the most are girls. Movies would have me believe that I guy goes to prom because he wants to 'bag some broad'. Girls go to prom because it is the last real night she will spend with all the people she knew.

One last chance to be without responsibility in a social setting.

Well you should! That time of the year is sneaking up quick, and you don't want your first choice to be snatched up by anyone else! I get emails regularly from guys who tell me they love me!Some want me to marry them, others want to go to their school dances with me. No doubt Summer gets the same!

Originally Posted By: Pew Pew Pew
Wow, this whole "don't go to the prom" thing is going over as well here as it does at school. frown

The only reason I'd urge you to go is because I didn't, and it's one of my regrets. If you truly don't want to go, and you're sure you won't regret it later, skip it. smile

Have you been talking to my mom? She says the same thing. smile

Sugar, please don't tell me you just "Mommed" me. My old heart couldn't take the stress.

In a serious answer, no, I didn't talk to your mom. I just know that I have an experience that I'd like for you nice kids to avoid. Or in this case, embrace instead of avoid.

Would a party of five work? Proms are usually for students of the school, and maybe their date if he/she is from another school. One of us showing up with four friends in tow might be a problem. I'd probably have a hard time trying to explain why I'm buying five tickets instead of the usual two at my school.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I don't know how it'd work.

oh, wow! sorry to be cutting in so late, but could I get in on this, too!? blush my senior prom is this year as well, and it sounds like u guys have an awesome thing set up! i'd love to get in on it!

as it stands, i don't have a date for prom either. not a lot of out boys in this area, if you know what i mean. frown

Gee, way to make a girl feel old, guys. smirk My prom was last summer, and it was really nice. I just went with someone I was seeing at the time, nothing special. I got crowned Prom Queen, and that was kind of nice, but I really didn't deserve it.

I hope the rest of you guys have a really great time! smile

LiberTeen: Ever been to Iowa?

I have! smile Wouldn't say I spent a lot of time there, but I've been through on several occasions, and I've visited Spirit Lake and Des Moines a couple of times with my father. Why do you ask? smile

Prom? Hmm...

Tell you what. Ladies, I have an offer.

For one lucky lady who attends these boards and is lacking a date for her prom, I will attend with her, as her date.

Limo included, and an after party for her and 50 of her closest friends.

No one should miss their prom, I know I loved mine, but there can only be one, so draw your katanas and battle one another... okay, I'm kidding. Send me a PM with why you would like me to take you to the prom, the best reason wins.

Also, for the most sincere (which will be the winner) I will donate $100,000 to a charity of your choice.

Good luck to all of you.

Archived