Aberrant: 2011 - New on this site

Pew Pew Pew

Hello N! Prime!

I think you're seeing a lot of new novas signing up here because you're listed on the OpNet resources pamphlet that they give new novas. I know this because they gave me one last week. Seriously! grin

Anyway, my name is Melissa, but everyone calls me Missy, and I'd like to give a forum shout-out to everyone who was so nice on the online chatroom Sunday night. Hugs for: Caramel Bath, Mech, Vector, Gabriel, Bellator, Josh Brickman, and I know I'm forgetting a few people but the whole thing was like a blur.

Anyway, I'm 18, a senior at Marshalltown Senior High (go Bobcats!), I play basketball and baseball, plan to attend the University of Iowa this Fall, and shoot lasers from my eyes that can blow up battle tanks!

I look forward to getting to know you all. smile

Brittany, Josh: Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here. smile

Caramel Bath: Things are looking a little better than they were on Sunday night. Mom's agreed not to book me for any more paid public appearances, but I did have to agree to the one that she had already committed me to, so I still have to do the one at the car wash this weekend. Bleah. In the costume. Double bleah. After I've done that we're going to consider my part of the repair bill for the roof "paid." whistle

The city councilman for my ward called Monday night and said that he was going to stand up against the mayor and his stupid "no nova powers in the city limits" law, but he says that it'll be a really close vote on Thursday night. I'm trying to get everyone from my school to go to the meeting to support me.

Speaking of which, school was weird yesterday. Mom and I had a meeting with Principal Howard before classes began (dad was on the way to work already) and he tried to lay down The Law for the rest of the year. He said that we'd have no problems so long as I kept my nose clean until I graduate on June 8th. I found it kind of insulting. mad I'm an honor student and I play varsity baseball and basketball. Why would I suddenly become a problem for him? Seriously.

Anyway, my friends were all there for me, and everyone was impresed at how I looked exactly the way I did before. I think they were expecting me to come to school looking like Slider and wearing a Eufiber T2M uniform or something, which I wasn't. Classes went really routinely, which was okay. Most of my teachers carried on like nothing had changed at all, which was really helpful. At the end of the day, after answering a hojillion questions from everyone, I did break down and agree to a small demonstration of my power out behind the wood shop building, which might have been a mistake. We rolled an old barrel out onto the soccer field and I blew it up. Half my friends were like "awesome!" and the other half were kind of intimidated by my "nova form." (When I turn on my powers, I look really, really different than normal.)

That creepy van is still parked across the street. I saw some guys get in it through the back door, and they totally look like cops. They weren't in uniform, but there's a certain way that policemen look and act, and they looked and acted that way.

Mech: Baseball game? Oh definitely! I mean, if I can find a way to get out to Los Angeles for it. That's a long way from Marshalltown. frown Still, I'm willing to bet that the only way anyone can get a hit off of me is to use their nova abilities. I have a wicked breaking ball. cool

Vector: Good to see you again, too. Are you going to the game?

Robert: I'm sorry. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. *hugs* There was a lot going on Sunday night, both online and here at my house, and I was bound to forget someone. Don't be mad?

It's nice to see you on the forums, and I enjoyed talking to you in the chat room. smile (Sorry you got stuck with the uniform and Jerry Lembacker's car wash, though!)

Hey, if you need a way to the game, just ask. I'm sure someone who's driving or renting a car could swing by and pick you up. If no one else can, I'd be happy to- I'll just need to rework my transportation plans.

Originally Posted By: Pew Pew Pew

That creepy van is still parked across the street. I saw some guys get in it through the back door, and they totally look like cops. They weren't in uniform, but there's a certain way that policemen look and act, and they looked and acted that way.

Protect yourself, they are hunting you. They may hurt your family.

If they're hunting me, they're certainly doing it in slow motion. Don't take this the wrong way, but I've read a lot of your stuff on this forum, and your credibility is not all that great.

Most here disgust me. But you for some reason have failed to arouse my bile. You seem...nice. So I thought I would be nice as well.

Never mind.

Well, the name was really the idea of my new nova mentor at the Rashoud in Minneapo--

Dude, is that a skirt?

It is TOTALLY a skirt. grin and before you even ask, no, not a kilt, either. a skirt. i like them way better than pants, and besides, when i wear it i get mistaken for a girl enough that i get the shit beat out of me about half as often. smirk

why did your mentor suggest Pew Pew Pew? does it mean something?

Originally Posted By: Summer Solstice
Summer, are you naked?

No. I become living fire (or ice), but the program I used to make my avatar didn't have "Incredibly Sexy Elemental Hot Chick With Flames Licking Her Perfect Body" as an option.

I was forced to compromise.

That makes sense.

Originally Posted By: Summer Solstice
No. I become living fire (or ice), but the program I used to make my avatar didn't have "Incredibly Sexy Elemental Hot Chick With Flames Licking Her Perfect Body" as an option.

I was forced to compromise.

That makes sense.

By the way, who does you hair? I love it.

Originally Posted By: Alptraum
I believe in America you would call him a faggot.

No, Alptraum, we would not. There are a lot of words we could use for someone who prefers the sexual company of their own sex, but "faggot" is not one of them. That word is derogatory and connotates both hatred and fear, and is acceptable as an epithet only by those to whom one is dear, in the same way one might refer to a good friend as a "bastard" or a "jerk". Most of us in America are beyond such prejudices, and it's thanks to people like you in all nations that they continue.

Welcome to the site from another newbie.

I gotta tell ya though, I nearly sent my drink spewing out of my nose when I read your message. 'Hi I'm Missy, I'm in highschool, oh and I blow up tanks.' Gotta love it. I'm having Buffy flashbacks.

Seriously though, welcome to the site, everyone seems very friendly. Well, most everyone anyway.

Archived