Aberrant RPG - Chargen spreadsheet update?

Bobson

I love the chargen spreadsheet in the Downloads area - I've been looking for something like it since I first heard about the system. I've already found a couple bugs with it, though, and I was considering adding the various skills, powers, enhancements, and so on from the Player's Guide, as well as maybe even Merits and Flaws.

First of all, is anyone interested in having more stuff added and/or bugs fixed? If no one needs new stuff, I'll just stick with bug fixes, and if no one needs bug fixes, I'll just fix the ones that affect me. Second, are there any new skills/powers/etc. in books other than the Core and the Player's guide? As long as I'm doing an update, I might as well get everything at once.

The only items in the Directory that are unofficial are those from the various EON-produced works (Forceful Personalities, The New Flesh, A Breed Apart), and arguably Steve Kenson's Brainwaves - though that last work was a draft for an official White Wolf/Arthaus product.

If the Excel spreadsheet were updated to include everything, I for one would be interested in using it, at least when creating characters (though I'll probably still use my own character sheets for actual gameplay).

Any work you want to do to the chargen spreadsheet would be appreciated, I'm sure. I used it myself when I first got to this site (it was harder to find, then).

All I ask is that if you add in non-canon powers and abilities, you make that something that can be turned off. For an example of that, check the HeroForge spreadsheet by Shannon Greene:

http://home.san.rr.com/blackbart/

If that's too much work, you should probably stick with just the canon stuff. Oh, and thanks. smile

First round of bug fixes:

• Level 1 powers (and other abilities which cost 1 NP) taint appropriately.
  • You receive one taint for 5 quantum
  • You receive taint for a high Node background
  • A warning was added if you don't have your physical/mental/social attributes set to some combination of 7/5/3
  • Your first dot of a megastat now actually gives you a free enhancement

This version is available here . (I tried to upload it here, but it's xls and too large).

As a side note, if anyone has noticed bugs I haven't yet fixed, feel free to point them out to me. I'm also taking requests for any features other than more content. As far as content goes, I'll probably implement the Player's Guide (marked in a different color), and leave the empty spaces for people to add anything not covered.

• 2 weeks later...