Aberrant: 2011 - when fictions and EXP happen?

Catalyst

Okay, the first two should be obvious.

No. (You spend EXP before you start playing and after. Never in the middle unless you and the oter palyers agree that it i okay.)

No. (Thhe fiction no matter how long it takes it still dated prior to the character having that EXP)

As far as the third, that's the jusrisdiction the person who began the fiction. It's their "table" so to speak, and we should respect their rules.

Yes. I've let people spend xp in the middle of a game session, and this is basically the same thing.

Likewise, I've given out xp at the end of a session, but in the middle of an episode. You can spend the xp when you get it. Game time and real time differ. I'm okay with that and understand that means xp may suddenly appear in the middle of a story.

They should only be excluded if the writers, or the lead writer (if there is one), have decided on that at the beginning of the story. Again, game time and real time differ.

Originally Posted By: Gabriel Law
Okay, the first two should be obvious.

No. (You spend EXP before you start playing and after. Never in the middle unless you and the oter palyers agree that it i okay.)

No. (Thhe fiction no matter how long it takes it still dated prior to the character having that EXP)

As far as the third, that's the jusrisdiction the person who began the fiction. It's their "table" so to speak, and we should respect their rules.

So your answer is that unless the other players say yes.

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
Should someone spend EXP they have in a fiction?
Probably not, the Blackburn is a good example of one where that's not appropriate. On the other hand it's easy to see a fiction being started for the purpose of character "X" showing that he has power "Y". It's also possible for some fictions to last months. But those will be the exceptions and not the rule.

Should you gain EXP in a fiction that takes place at the end of a month..If the fiction is still active the next month?
What difference does it make?

The problem isn't gaining exp, it's spending it. The Blackburn took place in late March. On April 1st I got enough experience to buy that item I want. That doesn't let me use it retroactively, and I don't have the ability to spend experience there anyway.

Should characters made after the fiction be let into fictions?
Depends on the fiction. In theory I'd say no for the same reason you can't spend exp... but in practice normally it's better to have more characters than fewer so the usual answer would be "yes".

Archived