Aberrant: 2011 - I'm open to suggestions.

King Felix

The social atmosphere in Tampa has proven--yet again--to be less than perfectly salutory for novas, and I find myself at loose ends, the proud owner of an homeowner's insurance check and the clothes on my back. I'm looking for a new home in a place with a warm climate, access to the sea, decent public services, a reasonable cost of living, and--this part is important--NO ARSONISTS.

Any suggestions?

Felix!? Did somebody burn down your house? shocked Are you alright!? I know you're kind of private, but please, if nothing else, let me know you're okay?

To answer your question, though, I've always thought you can't go wrong with the Pacific Northwest. Oregon, northern California, Washington state, all still fairly affordable, clean, temperate, and pleasant throughout the year.

Let us know you're alright? frown

Fortunately I had recently embarked on a program of scanning and digitizing my extensive reference library into computer discs for rapid access and safekeeping. Sadly, my progress in this endeavor was still at the "0 out of 1,641 volumes" mark when my home was immolated.

That said, I'm quite fine, thank you Miss Teen.

I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a run of bad luck, Mr. Felix.

I've enjoyed my stay in NYC so far, but I really prefer warmer climes, myself. I could recommend North and South Carolina, if you'd rather (or are able to) keep a low profile. Most of the east coast is nice, but as far as I can tell, the closer to the northeast you get, the higher the cost of living becomes.

Everyone here seems to have a different suggestion, so I'm not sure mine will help much.

I'm really sorry to hear about your archives, Felix. That's awful. frown If there's anything I could do in the way of replacing some portion of them, please let me know? I'm sure they must have been very precious to you.

Anyway, it seems everyone's got their own ideas on where some of the more beautiful places in this great land of ours could serve as your new dwelling. smile We're all right, I'm sure. I think you're just going to have to find one that really says "Felix" and go with it. smile

Archived