[OpNet] Fitting In?

Cisco

How does one go about fitting in?

I thought it would not difficult. I do not look in such as a way as would seem nova. I live in a place where my features are not unusual. I talk about my family and where I was born but do not talk about the NDA. I do not do things that are very unusual. I dress as others dress. Yet already people begin ask questions. I did not expect to do this so soon. I have moved out of the University barracks. I shop for food in five different places as the NDA taught me. And still it as if people know I am different. It is not bad but I am puzzled by this.

Is this something any of you have found to be true?

I am unsure what I am being told. This is either only a problem to me or it is a problem to others but there is no concern. Very well. It is possible I am only now becoming aware of this because of the choices made by me. Perhaps other novas passed this after their eruptions.

Originally Posted By: Lou Anne Burgess
The only meanings I can think of don't seem appropriate, the most appropriate being the National Dance Association.
This is very funny. I will remember it for use when I speak again with my compañeros. Thank you for the joke.

Originally Posted By: Machina
Originally Posted By: Hugin
Some mutant supremacist invective bullshit.

Yeah, pretty much. Sucks, huh?

How can someone so intelligent be such a thick-headed moron?

I am not a supremacist. I am a seperatist.

Well Cisco, I don't know how you look because I haven't actually taken the time to research you...mostly out of being busy with the kids.

But if you look much different from normal Baselines, you won't fit it easely, they WILL stare just like they stare at other humans who are lacking a limb or have a disfiguration or just because they look different than the average.

IF you look completely normal, and they still stare, maybe it's something you do? Maybe you have super strenght or are abnormaly beutiful? Novas sometimes have problems with that.

If that's your problem I suggest you learn how to control your node, it's an arduos task, but it can be done. Best of luck.

Oh, shit, I'm sorry, Huggy-Bear, mea culpa. I hadn't realized the party line had changed. Apparently the Teragen doesn't think they're superior to zips anymore, just seperate. Right. Because it's easy to segregate based off inherent differences without those differences becoming the nails one group uses to crucify the other. Man, you are so full of shit it's coming out your pores.

Originally Posted By: Trooper
Don't. Trust me, standing out helps. You get paid more.
I can stand out. This is not a problem. But I cannot be the fly on the wall. The waitress she comes to me. The driver listens to me. The people stop if I speak. This is the problem. It is something I do not understand.

Originally Posted By: Cisco
I am unsure what I am being told. This is either only a problem to me or it is a problem to others but there is no concern. Very well. It is possible I am only now becoming aware of this because of the choices made by me. Perhaps other novas passed this after their eruptions.

Originally Posted By: Lou Anne Burgess
The only meanings I can think of don't seem appropriate, the most appropriate being the National Dance Association.
This is very funny. I will remember it for use when I speak again with my compañeros. Thank you for the joke.

I hadn't intended a joke, it was a serious question. It also begs another question.

1. What does NDA mean, what is it an abbreviation for?

2. I assume based on the first statement that you think choices you've made have made it more difficult to blend in. Have you signed licensing deals for your likeness to be made into dolls/action figures? Or do you mean that you're suffering obvious physical changes as a result of your eruption or Quantum Stress Syndrome?

Perhaps if we have answers to those 2 questions, we can be a bit more helpful.

This thing that happens became a worry to me. I spoke with my compañeros. Much as for most of you it was not a problem to them. Still it was a worry to me. For this reason I confided in others I have grown to trust at University. Between us I think there is an answer. Please bear with me as I am not sure how to say this. It is in my power to draw the attention of others. When I wish others will often do as I say to do. This is an easy thing. But it requires my intention for it to happen. I knew this. What I did not understand is others sense this in me. For this reason they notice me. In some way they know and are waiting for me to speak to them.

I am not sure I like this answer. But it seems to be true. I wish to thank all of you for your attention and your kindness in consideration of my worry.

• 3 weeks later...

I give my thanks for this explanation. This thing is for me a responsibility. To run or hide like a coward is not an answer. To act as brings honor to the name of my fathers is an answer.

Originally Posted By: Cisco
Originally Posted By: Trooper
Don't. Trust me, standing out helps. You get paid more.
I can stand out. This is not a problem. But I cannot be the fly on the wall. The waitress she comes to me. The driver listens to me. The people stop if I speak. This is the problem. It is something I do not understand.

Folks actually pay attention to you and this is a problem? Yeah, you got it real bad. Poor bastard.

Is this the sarcasm? I read about this. The sarcasm is suppose to be funny, no?

I do not like the problem unsolved. It is a thing I learn after I erupt. The mystery is the thing that can hurt you. So you solve the mystery. Then it is not a mystery and cannot hurt you. This is understand easy, yes?

• 1 month later...

The fuck? Indeed.

The mystery? Trying to figure out what the hell jail bird up there was talking about. Something about mysteries?

If you don't want to be listened to, you can pick up some Hugin-Style bullshit. No one listens to him, right?

Edit: After thinking about it, I realized that sarcasm doesn't translate well, so I'll make it perfectly clear, Hugin, that I am just fucking with you.

To Hugin? Most likely.

Now, you know I have been wondering if this will help:

Cisco, compañero, compadre. Dime, ¿especificamente cual es tu problema o tu poder que te hace llamar la atencion de los demas?

¿Tienes acaso la habilidad de captar la atencion de los demas usando tus poderes cuanticos? ¿estas teniendo un problema para evitar hacerlo? ¿perdiste el control de tus poderes?

Archived