Aberrant: 2011 - Blackburn Brawl: The Fight

z-James Walker

Other issues aside, we have a deadline approaching. I'd like to recommend these guidelines for the start of the brawl:

1) When the Brawl is officially on, there will be a post here which will state it clearly.

2) Poly has agreed to start the brawl with Robert. If anyone else would like this "honor", please discuss it with him. Regardless, whomever is designated to start it is effectively a gun that signals the start of the race. Things should get crazy, fairly quickly.

3) Once the starting post goes up, your character'(s') next post should be you getting out. For example, it may start with you trying to get with that hottie, but by the end of your post, you should clearly be getting out of there. At that time, you should be trying to leave as quickly as possible, and character consent still applies. It is reasonable to require that you be out of the building within two posts (one to announce intent and begin; another to complete the withdrawl).

4) To be perfectly clear, put an OOC note in your post like: [Flee] or [Fight]. A lack of such may cause confusion, which will lead to possible disagreements, which will cause bickering. This tag is designed to be clear.

5) Once you start to flee, you can change to fight. At that point, the character consent comes off and you are fair game. You can change from fight to flee, but consent is still off until you are completely clear of the fight. By clear, you cannot be seen anymore.

Once the fight begins:

1) Each post should be a round for your character.

2) Post Quantum expendatures and active powers/enhancements in an OOC note at the end of your thread.

Are there any other thoughts?

It's a fight to whatever the participants decide individually, I'd imagine. If two people going at it agree to stop when the other loses unconsciousness or what have you, that's fine. If they want to go all-out, that should be fine, too. The important thing is that everyone stays in communication about their intent.

Brickman's staying. He lives for this sort of thing. Because of concent rules those of us taking part in combat should probably use our first action for something other than attacking PCs. Raise powers. Attack NPCs. Whatever.

Other issues:

1) If you are spending willpower say so (some people have already spent some).

2) If you're planning on dodging or holding back an action to dodge say so.

3) The same comment holds true for pulling punches.

Example #1: Josh boldly strides into combat fists swinging but using no where near his full strength.

(OOC: Josh hits a randomly choosen NPC holding back enough so that he only does 1 level of Mega-Strength.)

Translation: If someone, PC or NPC, wants to attack Josh then all he can do is suck it up.

Example #2: Josh boldly strides into combat fists swinging but using no where near his full strength. In the back of his mind he's ready to block if need be.

(OOC: Josh hits a randomly choosen NPC holding back enough so that he only does 1 level of Mega-Strength and he splits this action with a block if need be.)

As a personal request... Any experience spending should be banned for the duration of the fiction. If you didn't have it going in, you have to wait until it's over. (Remember, too, that even though you have March's experience as of April 1, it can't be spent if you're involved in the BB fic because of date discrepancies.)

Originally Posted By: Kittie
As a personal request... Any experience spending should be banned for the duration of the fiction. If you didn't have it going in, you have to wait until it's over. (Remember, too, that even though you have March's experience as of April 1, it can't be spent if you're involved in the BB fic because of date discrepancies.)

Oh lala...Yet characters who were made after the fiction started can join.Oh lala....

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
Oh lala...Yet characters who were made after the fiction started can join.Oh lala....

Hey, Pele showed up, so Primal did too. Both were created after the fic started.

Got a problem with that? Take it up the person who started the fic, it's her 'game', and her rules.

I don't see a problem with new characters joining. Some players didn't have an offensive character when the fic was started. Besides, with a new character, you can fight them to the death. In many ways they are more disposable than an established character.

I side with Seph. I thought the post is very relevant to the Blackburn thread if you just look. I'm sorry you don't get it but I think the post should stay right where it is.

I thought it was incredibly cute, and was perfect for the Motley character, who seems to be as elusive as Eris in 2017.

Courier - Correct.

Relevant to the Blackburn storyline is not the same thing as belonging with it. People posting that were previously relevant to the Blackburn fic moved their stories to other threads.

It does indeed add to the Blackburn storyline, but if Motley wanted to add to that thread, she should have showed up. Having failed to show up - like every other poster, she should move her post to her own thread.

Archived