I have a character concept, and I'm trying to figure out how to make it work. I want him to be able to boost his attributes, Strength and Stamina, but I don't want to use the version of the power Boost as discribed in the book.

I was thinking that he could activate his power and get a set number of dots to add to his strength or his stamina or both.

For Example, lets say that his target dots he recieves upon activation are 6. He decides that he needs more strength at this moment so he dumps all 6 dots into it. But on another occasion he decides that he needs to enhance his attributes evenly +3 to both.

I understand that the boost power, with the appropriate extra, can augment two stats; but they are increased evenly.

How would you go about this?

There are no good ways to do what you want. Note that adding +6 to an attribute is already extremely strong, even before saying that you want to be able to shift it from category to category.

Way #1:

Buy Boost(Strength) and Boost(Stamina) separately, presumably you’d spend willpower on one roll or just not roll the other.

Way #2

Buy Shapeshift and work out something with the ST. Put some serious limits on it and convince the ST to let you trade a succ rolled for a +1 in the relevant stat.

Troll's right about that being too strong. Since you're asking for straight gain without a roll (and presumably you don't want that gain to drain away quickly), how about this:

Buy bodymorph (for instance, bodymorph:tough-guy). Assign yourself a single freebie (one dot of mega strength), and then use the other dots of bodymorph as additional dots of the mega attributes you want (3 more mega strength, 2 mega stamina). You won't be able to choose what you want on the fly, but you can keep the dots for as long as you maintain the power, and you always get the same stuff.

Ok, let me reorganize my thoughts.

In the APG on page 111 it gives us another way to use the power Density Control Increase. Allowing us to get fixed results.

"A nova may choose to have fixed, predictable Density Increase as well. The character automatically gets (power rating +1) levels of success, plus one per extra point of quantum spent when using the power...."

What I'm wondering is could I alter the Boost power in a way to get fixed results?