[OpNet] Back with answers. (For real this time)

GDP_ST

I am still working with her every day to heal what can be healed. And what happened to us did not go away for me just by letting go of her mind; it remains, and it will always remain, as surely as if it was my own body underneath that bastard.

Obviously, however, this has become a personal vendetta for you. For whatever reason, you've decided that it's your job to kick me in the teeth, repeatedly, right alongside the Dead Man and Machina and Flicker. Keep doing it. Enjoy it, if that is what makes you happy. Keep kicking the strawman "racist" you have all created. Finish the job of removing what very little empathy I have left for any of you, all because I blackened your sad little electronic sandbox with a word from my own language.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do an excellent job of playing a martyr, Ptesan-Wi. I hope that you don't meet the same end as the rest of them, but you've already proven you care about nothing and no-one save yourself, your mate, and your precious "tribe." If you have lost your empathy for me, then it's no more and no less than I'd expect.

Your original use of "phejuta" doesn't offend me, and I don't need to invent some sort of strawman to point out racism where it's obvious to nearly everyone but you. "Wasicu scum," however, is a different matter, particularly when applied so liberally, as is what seems to be a serious lack of perspective.

I'm not trying to kick you in the teeth- I'm trying to kick you in the ass and wake you up. I honestly can't understand you, and I don't expect I ever will.

Wasicu.

It is a word that is not nailed to the color of one's skin or the blood in one's veins, but to the greed and cruelty in one's heart.

It is a word that can be - and has been - applied to those of any tribe, of any race, who prey upon others, who rob people of their possessions, their lands, their sexual innocence, their lives.

It is a word that I have used and will use for the scum who sell drugs to our children, who rape our people, who swindle and cheat us out of anything of material value, and who kill us whenever they get the chance.

It is a word that I will use without apology, because those to who it refers are unworthy of anything of the sort.

Understand that, Velvet, and you may understand me.

So in essence it means someone who's soul is so lost to greed that they have become a monster that no longer cares what they have to do in order to obtain their pathetic pleasures?

Indeed, that is a curse that has befallen many individuals of many peoples. I think I understand where you are coming from on this matter, Ptesan-Wi.

Originally Posted By: Velvet
Originally Posted By: Sean McCline
Shoot! There went my plan to challenge him to a spelling bee! Curses, Velvet, curses! mad Now how am I going to deal with my "Hot for Teacher" issues that I've carried since second grade!? wink

All right, I warned you.

Keep it up and I'm bringing over my "librarian" outfit.

This thread just. got. interesting laugh

Originally Posted By: Conduit
Originally Posted By: Sean McCline
Shoot! There went my plan to challenge him to a spelling bee! Curses, Velvet, curses! mad Now how am I going to deal with my "Hot for Teacher" issues that I've carried since second grade!? wink

All right, I warned you.

This thread just. got. interesting laugh

Aaaaa-MEN.

I am eagerly waiting for the next chapter in this continuing saga.

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
I was in the mind of one of my tribe when she was attacked and raped by local wasicu scum.

There is that bigoted slur again. Why do insist on using a word that you yourself translate into a negative judgement on white people.

So far in this thread you've basically called me a backstabbing, greedy, untrustworthy thief. Is that supposed to make me respect you, your people, and your culture?

You have pride and find value in your people's history and culture. I can understand that. I find value in in the history and culture of the Gay community. I take such pride in fact that I try very hard not to do things that would harm the community whether intentionally or unintentionally. This means I don't go around refering to straight people as "Breeders" and other less pleasent terms.

Do you really think that keeping alive such derogotory slurs isn't hurting your cause?

I saw that post. Very detailed. The population of the Lakota tribe is somewhere between 15,000 and 30,000 depending on exactly how you decide who is and is not a Lakota. A pretty big number there. Lots of different personality types. Lots of different circumstances. Probably a few real rat bastards to borrow Revenant's phrase.

How many of them have you labelled as "wasicu" lately?

Lately? There was one of my tribe two months ago who I found selling crack on the grounds of the Oglala Elementary School. He was wasicu, and I told him as much as I held him in the air until Sheriff White-Elk could arrive.

There have been others, just not lately.

Thankfully, I don't have the same leash on me that Donny Deader has, and that means that I, from my throne made of the bones of idiots who crossed me, can say whatever the hell I damn well please, and you kids can read my scripture all goddamn day.

Now, while I was out of towm, it seems that Rev took the ball and ran with it. Kinda cursing the fact that I wasn't here for it, you know? Not that my having not been here is going to shut me up, of course. It just means I've got to dig a bit deeper to find what I'm looking for, like some sort of cyberspace achaeologist, if only so I can brush the dirt off and rub peoples' faces in the stink of their own hypocrisy. So kick back with a little hooch; this is going to be a long one.

Originally Posted By: Pissy Wu
Your word is without value.

And your head is without thought. Like I said before - and you've continued to ignore, like the utter fanatic that you are - you misread what I said in the first place, just like you still are, because it makes you look like the victim, something that it's becoming progressively more obvious gets you off like nothing short of mythic animal cock. Rope it in. For the last time, I never advocated raping anyone, and you trumpeting out one ambiguous comment that you misread doesn't make me a liar. Don't make that mistake again. I do not take well to having my integrity called into question.

Originally Posted By: WakiToDan
First of all.. 'The People' is catching a lot of flack but why? I see 'The One Race' use so often anymore that this shouldn't even be raising an eye brow.

Not by me, it isn't. I'll make you a deal; I won't refer to novas as "The One Race", you don't call me "wasicu". Deal? Didn't think so.

You think Native Americans are bad about this? Try looking over toward the middle east, their grudges last millennia. Not justifying them just saying they are not things that go away easily.

That's funny, because justifying it is exactly what it sounded like you were doing. One notable difference between natives and the animosities being perpetuated in the Middle East is that there are about a million aggravating factors (natural resources, land, oil, religion, culture, etc.) keeping those people at each others' throats. What's your excuse? If all the tribes decided tomorrow to up and disband and just disperse into the American population, the rest of us dirty wasicu would, by and large, shrug our shoulders. And you could even keep a dreamcatcher over the mantle. But no, you and your people choose to remain seperate from the rest of us. We don't hate you; most of us couldn't give a damn either way, to be honest. Give it up. You are guarding a fort that nobody wants into.

Funny thing is, like I said before, if you'd just give up and melt with the rest of us, there'd be a lot more of your DNA out there. If perpetuating your race is your concern, it'd behoove you to stop being so fucking insular. And if it's your culture and heritage you gotta cling to, well, shit, you don't have to live on a res for that. If I need to wallow in a little distant family bonding, I can always hop on down to the Scottish Community Center.

But the fact is the way you implied the sex was rape that is what conquerors do and you said pick up the axe where custer dropped it. You might not have meant what it sounded like but I know you are smart enough to know it did sound that way.

That was a pretty stupid assumption to make in the first place, since, myself being an utter prick notwithstanding, I've never advocated violence towards anyone, much less dames, and for fuck's sake, I'm bosom chums with the cuddliest nova on the planet. Your tart of a wife was the only one who apparently got "rape" out of what I said, something that she's insisted on despite my having told her - repeatedly, sometimes using very small words - that wasn't the case.

Originally Posted By: Rev
Can we keep in mind that while my joke may have been in bad taste against you PW I did not imply rape. I said I wouldn't mind letting you ride me bare back around the reservation. 'Letting' implies you have a choice. I'm crude, I'm an asshole, but I'm not a rapist.

Seconded. Thanks, dicks.

Originally Posted By: My Sudden Navajo Nightengale
Even our own peoples have evolved culturally. Had we not, the Navajo's ancestors would still be wearing furs and living in the north.

To cling to ancient hatreds is foolish and counter-productive. It's like a member of the KKK chewing on the old fat that his so-many times great-grandmother was killed by a black man during a justified rebellion.

And yes, the Dineh (the closest I can come to Englicising the word) means 'The People'. So many tribes considered themselves humans, and the other peoples were not. I'm sure tribes in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia all felt the same at some point.

Grow up and move on. Let us provide a new path for the First Nations, not a regurgitation of ancient wrongs

Holy shit, Jenny Redcorn, when did you get so fucking smart? You know what? I change my mind about you. You're alright. I still think that your whole cultural specialization thing is a load of horseshit, just like I do for anybody, but at least you've got some fucking realistic perspective. Way to make Pissy-Wu feel like she showed up to prom naked; your clarity of thought trumps her self-pitying bullshit so thoroughly I can't believe she mustered the fucking rocks to post again. Best of luck at whatever you do.

I wonder how many others could say that the taking of life is less outraging or more tolerable than the act of rape.

Funny how most of the guys here saying that seem to have killed somebody at some point. Probably because most of us realize that killing, yeah, not a nice thing to do, but sometimes you don't have a choice. Some guys, they go to war. Some guys have to protect themselves. Some guys have to protect other people. Sometimes, I guess, you get paid a shitload of money. On the other side, you've got rape. Well, shit, I've never had to rape anybody for defense of myself, my homeland, or other people, and I can't really imagine a situation where it'd come up.

Killing has its justifications. There just aren't any for rape. What it is about our brain that makes us evolved can get a handle on killing somebody for a good reason; for rape, there just ain't any.

I don't have access to your records, or those of Machina, or anyone else. I don't know you except for what you post here and your brief appearance at last year's PowWow. I have not been so rude as to enter your mind to see what the truth of you may be.

Man, I would love for you to try that shit with me. I'll send out an engraved invitation. Speaking of which, why haven't you and your "mate" invited me over for dinner either, huh? For all your mewling about understanding and acceptance, I had you pegged earlier; you don't give a shit about trying to understand anybody. You're an insular, narcissistic victim, and you're terrified that treating me as anything other than sub-human because I'm not part of your in-group would reveal your entire worldview for the empty sham that it is.

There is a consistant pattern of rape of Native American women by white men in and around reservations. It is a pattern that is distinct and sharply elevated from the demographics of rape in the general population.

There is a consistant pattern of rape of WOMEN by MEN in and around THE FUCKING WORLD. I'm calling you out; let's see these figures. Because from here, it smells like a ten-ton payload of special pleading bullshit.

Said concept was the unfortunate amalgam of animal instinct and environment. As near as I have been able to tell from his thoughts, he wished to present you with physical challenge, because he thought that was what you wanted and needed. Much as a cat at what it considers play can cause significant harm to something that does not, he caused grevious harm to you without fully understanding the significance of his actions at the time.

By the holy shit of Jesus fucking Christ, if you aren't the goddamn patron saint of special pleading. Your retort basically boils down to "It's not Danny's fault he tried to rape somebody because he can't control himself." FUCK YOU. If he has problems with self-control, maybe he should stay the fuck away from women. Having a fucking disorder doesn't fucking abdicate you for your crimes, and there are plenty of NASCAR drivers, boxers, and - HURR! - XWF sportfighers who've learned to deal with their chemical imbalances and turn them into something positive. I know you think that your boyfriend's case is somehow special, but let me by the first to pop that little bubble. It isn't, and you're fucking sticking up for him? What a sick fucking joke. That monster is balls deep in you every night and I haven't been laid in three fuckin' years! No fuckin' justice!

You can assume what you like. I would think that if Alchemist had seen evidence of rape (Either incident I might add) all the WCK would have known about it.

So, wait a second, here. Your defense against an allegation of rape is that you failed? Oh, my fucking apologies! I take it back, you're not a rapist! You're an attempted rapist and a fucking loser!

Originally Posted By: Vv
All right, I warned you.

Seriously, whatever Sean just did, I hope I did it, too. And if I didn't, I'd like to.

Wasicu.

It is a word that is not nailed to the color of one's skin or the blood in one's veins, but to the greed and cruelty in one's heart.

It is a word that can be - and has been - applied to those of any tribe, of any race, who prey upon others, who rob people of their possessions, their lands, their sexual innocence, their lives.

It is a word that I have used and will use for the scum who sell drugs to our children, who rape our people, who swindle and cheat us out of anything of material value, and who kill us whenever they get the chance.

It is a word that I will use without apology, because those to who it refers are unworthy of anything of the sort.

Oh, that's what 'wasicu' means? Oh, man, I apologize. See, because you were using it to describe, well, all white people, I got confused. I see the problem now. Here, here, let me help: see, the majority of us haven't robbed or raped anyone, are no more selfish or greedy than the average person, and have never killed anybody, sold drugs to anybody, or swindled anybody, much less a Lakota. So, you know, you can scratch me off the list, 'kay? While you're at it, you can scratch off, well, pretty much everyone here. I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but, you know, nobody here that I know falls into any of those categories, and I know an awful lot. So, hey, I guess you can pretty much stop using that word to describe any group of people you can't name as individuals, right? Cool.

Glad we could clear that up.

Originally Posted By: Machina, Flicker, Aqua Marine, Velvet, etc
Circle jerk.

My time here, with the exception of my original note to the author of this thread and a brief aside with Carver, has been completely and utterly wasted on people more interested in a schoolyard dog-piling than anything resembling genuine discussion.

If any of you wish to actually speak with me, come to my home and we will sit and speak. I will waste no more time here.

Originally Posted By: Machina, Flicker, Aqua Marine, Velvet, etc
Circle jerk.

My time here, with the exception of my original note to the author of this thread and a brief aside with Carver, has been completely and utterly wasted on people more interested in a schoolyard dog-piling than anything resembling genuine discussion.

If any of you wish to actually speak with me, come to my home and we will sit and speak. I will waste no more time here.

You know what? That could be pretty darn interesting.

Originally Posted By: Machina
I haven't been laid in three fuckin' years!

Suddenly, so much makes sense.

Originally Posted By: Machina
All right, I warned you.

Seriously, whatever Sean just did, I hope I did it, too. And if I didn't, I'd like to.

Oh, HELL, no! Hands off, Grease Monkey! That's a trade secret, and not for such tender ears as yourself.

If any of you wish to actually speak with me, come to my home and we will sit and speak.
Unlikely. Most unlikely.

While I might be willing to grant some assumptions to allow views to be elaborated, I would none the less require courtesy and civility of a hostess. Should you find yourself within my domain, examples of civil behavior will be provided for your education.

My wife is one of the most friendly and courteous people I have ever know Aqua. She has never turned someone away from our home and excels at being a gracious hostess. Your insulting her by saying she is not and requires 'education' meaning you do not know her.

Originally Posted By: Aqua Marine
If any of you wish to actually speak with me, come to my home and we will sit and speak.
Unlikely. Most unlikely.

While I might be willing to grant some assumptions to allow views to be elaborated, I would none the less require courtesy and civility of a hostess. Should you find yourself within my domain, examples of civil behavior will be provided for your education.

Clearly, you have never been Ptesan-Wi's guest, otherwise, you would have never said such a thing. Despite the bad blood and near-hatred between us, I have never felt unwelcome in her home when I have visited.

Being new, I'm sure you haven't had a chance to learn this on your own. I know that all you know Ptesan-Wi by is this thread. And this thread is not the sum of the woman that I know.

Originally Posted By: Carver
I know that all you know Ptesan-Wi by is this thread. And this thread is not the sum of the woman that I know.
I said such a thing because her word own words and manner make it so. However, your words are not lost of me.

Given you are neither her husband or beholden to the tribe, I am willing to grant the assumption of objectivity on your part. For that reason I will overlook the comments of the co-ruler of the Lakota people.

Originally Posted By: Muse
Ptesan-Wi, would you care to explain to me, who are "the people" and who are not "the people"? Then would you kindly explain to me how they are any less guilty, wrong or evil than any other?

"The People" is a literal translation of "Lakota". That said, the term is often extended to include all Native Americans.

The truth of the matter is that we are no more or less guilty, wrong or evil than are any other. There is wicowaste (goodness) and wasicu (the greedy) among the People, just as there are among all other races. In war and in peace, the People have done things great and terrible, as have those with whom we have warred.

Still, there are things today that tilt the scales and sadden me to my core. The People have been weakened for over a century, and wherever some are weak, there are others - of any skin, of any creed - who would prey upon them. Lands that were promised to us "as long as the grass shall grow" continue to be taken acre by acre, mile by mile, in disregard to treaty so that mineral speculators can line their pockets and drivers can shave another few minutes off their trip, aided by politicians who line their own pockets at our expense. Addiction is rife among the tribes, many of whom are genetically predisposed to alcoholism and other forms of addiction, and those who push these poisons exploit that weakness in our blood. And because the tribes cannot afford many deputies for our tribal sheriffs, criminals have come to see reservations as a place where they can loot and steal - and yes, rape - with little risk. My mate and I have helped to curb this last problem in the Black Hills, but we cannot be everywhere at once, and certainly cannot protect all the reservations.

This is why my mate and I are fighting to restore stength to the People. Strength of knowledge, of spirit, of hope... because without these things, the People will remain weak and remain easy prey for the greedy and evil of the world.

Is that not one of the definitions of leadership?

You're trying too hard to link being a leader and being a ruler. A leader's advice or suggestions are intended to hopefully bring a person to reach a certain end on their own and then perhaps go in a certain direction.

The ruler however mandates what someone will do.

To badly abuse the old cliche...

The leader leads the horse to the water and it may or may not follow and may or may not drink. While there may be consequences for not following the leader, it's incidental to the situation.

The ruler mandates that the horse go to water and drink and if the horse choses to ignore some or all of that order there will be definite consequences (punishment) for the failure to follow the ruler's rule.

Another example:

The bellwhether leads
The shepherd and sheep dogs rule

Thanks

Lou Anne

Originally Posted By: Muse
Ptesan-Wi, would you care to explain to me, who are "the people" and who are not "the people"? Then would you kindly explain to me how they are any less guilty, wrong or evil than any other?

"The People" is a literal translation of "Lakota". That said, the term is often extended to include all Native Americans.

The truth of the matter is that we are no more or less guilty, wrong or evil than are any other. There is wicowaste (goodness) and wasicu (the greedy) among the People, just as there are among all other races. In war and in peace, the People have done things great and terrible, as have those with whom we have warred.

Still, there are things today that tilt the scales and sadden me to my core. The People have been weakened for over a century, and wherever some are weak, there are others - of any skin, of any creed - who would prey upon them. Lands that were promised to us "as long as the grass shall grow" continue to be taken acre by acre, mile by mile, in disregard to treaty so that mineral speculators can line their pockets and drivers can shave another few minutes off their trip, aided by politicians who line their own pockets at our expense. Addiction is rife among the tribes, many of whom are genetically predisposed to alcoholism and other forms of addiction, and those who push these poisons exploit that weakness in our blood. And because the tribes cannot afford many deputies for our tribal sheriffs, criminals have come to see reservations as a place where they can loot and steal - and yes, rape - with little risk. My mate and I have helped to curb this last problem in the Black Hills, but we cannot be everywhere at once, and certainly cannot protect all the reservations.

This is why my mate and I are fighting to restore stength to the People. Strength of knowledge, of spirit, of hope... because without these things, the People will remain weak and remain easy prey for the greedy and evil of the world.

Be thankful you are not the Ainu. Your tribe was treated just like any other tribal peoples when met by a another "tribe" with a bigger stick. The People, were lied to, cheated and exploited. Hell, I am still waiting for my 40 acres and a donkey. But You know I know even if i got that, it wouldn't pay the debt they have. They can't pay it. You cannot undue the past.

Unlikely. Most unlikely.

If you have any sense of decency about you an apology will be issued by you immediately.

I was a guest in the home of Ptesan-Wi shortly after announcing to the world that her husband had impregnenated me. This after having coupled with him (without her consent) in front of many cameras and witnesses.

And while I was in her home she offered me no violence, no harsh words and no disrespect. A more courteous hostess could not be imagined.

...And you are? It's generally considered polite to introduce yourself before you decide to start telling other people what to do. That way, when they tell you where to stick your opinion, they can at least address you properly. smile

This is not a good argument.

This is a plain case of misunderstanding, inelegant use of language, divisive words that should really be canned for the connotations they carry, poor taste jokes, and the good old Opnet mentality which closely mimics the thoughtful attitude of sharks when blood is in the water.

About the only value that can be attached to this slug-fest is as a 'how not to behave' demonstration.

For those interested in my opinion, take a step back, drop the issue, and remember as you read over this that we all appear to abhor the same sorts of behaviour: at least if you take people at their word.

And that's all I have to say about it.

Archived