[OpNet] Back with answers. (For real this time)

GDP_ST

Originally Posted By: Revenant
I have no idea how that got there. Sean must've hacked my account.

In fact... I'm sure that's what happened.

Yup, I'm off to break his hands right now.

Dude, I can't hack my daughter's jack-in-the-box. What makes you think I can hack your account?

Also I'm gone. On VACATION!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
So is your opinion, Trooper, that we should go quietly into cultural extinction, that we should just accept it as an inevitability?

Yes, we were defeated. Yes, we allowed that defeat to let us wallow and decline for over a century. No, it does not mean that we will now just roll over and let ourselves become forgotten. My people have begun to awake with new spirit within them, and will not allow themselves to be removed from the page.

I dunno. How about you accept that cultures come and go. Yours is pretty much gone. It's like folks trying to be Druids or worship Odin. Shit had its day. Turn the page. So my suggestion to the Native American peoples would be to turn on the OpNet and stop trying to find truth and beauty through the joys of peyote and sweating your guts out.

You know, Pissy-Wu, you're goddamn lucky that the American colonists who brought The People to heel didn't have the good sense to just breed them out of existence, like most conqueror tribes have done.

In fact, that gives me a swell idea. Satyr, Lemmy, Troop, Rev, what say we get together and seed as many squaws as we can find? Pick up the axe where Custer dropped it, you know?

Originally Posted By: Machina
Satyr, Lemmy, Troop, Rev, what say we get together and seed as many squaws as we can find?

Dibs on Pissy Wu.

I'm the anthropomorphic personification of 'The People's' Spirit Horse. I'd be more than obliged to let PW ride me bare back around the Reservation... you know, unless she's into the harness and bridle stuff. I'm flexible, and from what I've heard, so's she.

I've always wanted to see the wonders of the west, like The Grand Canyon. And oh when she spreads those legs for the first time and there it lies in all of its Waki-wallowed glory it'll be like the realization of a dream.

I'll have to bring a flashlight, 2x4, and some rope, so I don't get lost. I still only have my spelunking learners permit.

Besides, I hear she's great with animals.

Satyr, Lemmy, Troop, Rev, what say we get together and seed as many squaws as we can find? Pick up the axe where Custer dropped it, you know?

1st, Rachel says fuck you. Actually she said something a lot longer and more complex that that. She said you're remember it as the close to fight number thirteen.

2nd, yeah....no. I like the money I make. Getting hit with a bunch of paternity suits isn't my cup of tea.

Trooper: the old ways suit us just fine, thank you. Though I am glad to see that, in the end, you have some respect - if not for the People, then at least for this Rachel.

Machina: try anything of the sort, and you have my word - Lakota word, which unlike that of the Wasicu has meaning through the years other than betrayal - that the even the red stain you will leave behind on sacred ground will be cleansed from the earth.

Revenant: you are dead. You are something to be buried, not mated.

Preston: Give it a rest? Are you kidding? If I hear "Wasicu this" or "Wasicu that" one more time, I'm gonna smack her myself.

Seriously, PW, we understand you have pride in your culture. That's great. But don't try to justify a narrow mind with "You started it!" Bad things happened... to every culture currently in existence. They've all suffered, and they've all- knowingly or not- caused suffering to others. I'm not going to play apologist for something that happened well before my time, and I'm not going to empathize with someone demanding acknowledgement of crimes committed well before theirs. Black, White, Asian, Indian... I don't care. We're all people, all individuals worthy of equal respect, and there's no "historical" justification for expecting more.

Revenant: you are dead. You are something to be buried, not mated.

Damn you're so uptight.

If anyone needs to crack open a cold one, it's you.

Wouldn't hurt you to lighten up a bit squaw.

Quote:
Rape is no joke.

I never said anything of the sort, and you insinuate it again I'll nail you onto a fucking cross and deliver to Good Alice for one of her Temple Exhibits.

Quote:
Rape is no joke.

I never said anything of the sort, and you insinuate it again I'll nail you onto a fucking cross and deliver to Good Alice for one of her Temple Exhibits.

How in the hell else did you think you would have sex with my sister-in-law, you half-wit?

Hell, I think I will make it easy on you, you bastard. I'm coming to Chicago and I'm coming for you. Let's see you put you quantum were your filthy mouth is.

Originally Posted By: Neil Preston

Quote:
Rape is no joke.

How in the hell else did you think you would have sex with my sister-in-law, you half-wit?

Hell, I think I will make it easy on you, you bastard. I'm coming to Chicago and I'm coming for you. Let's see you put you quantum were your filthy mouth is.

Yikes! Neil, take a step back. Seriously. Don't come to Chicago causing shit. I like you, and don't want to have to arrest you.

If you want Revenant to shut his mouth (and really, who wouldn't? [- luv ya my friend!]) then put a complaint into his supervisor. I doubt Jager really likes him running around publically saying stuff like this, even in jest.

Revenant isn't a rapist. An asshole with a big mouth, yes. A rapist, no.

Fucksake, you two He-Men, break it the fuck up.

Neil, nobody's raping anybody. You know I'd never advocate nonconsensual sex, you should know better than to think Rev would, and I know you know a stupid joke when you see it.

Rev, don't be such a touchy fucking girl. Neil pegged you wrong, you know he's wrong, and anybody who matters knows you're not a fuckin' rapist. Calm the fuck down. It isn't worth swinging over.

Troop, dude, I think you're making shit up. I remember fight number thirteen pretty well, and it didn't have shit to do with this. If she's become such a humorless, sour cunt since I left her that she doesn't recognize satire anymore, then she's so fucking addled it's no wonder she still dates you.

Oh, and Pissy-Wu? Don't threaten me, bitch. I'm not going to make any idle threats or tell you what I could do if I felt so inclined; I'm just going to warn you, do not fuck with me. If I was even serious, and one of your squaws wanted a ride on the M Train, that's her own fuckin' business. You're lucky I had a vascectomy before I even erupted, you stupid cooze, or I'd seriously consider making good on my jibe just to spite you.

As an outside observer, I just had to step in and say that given the way you wrote it, Machina, I read it as rape as well. You said, "seed as many squaws as we can find" which can be read as, "seed as many squaws as we can catch". You've clearly said this isn't the case, but do you see where the misunderstanding happened?

Because honestly, when I read this, my first thought was "these guys are so gross." I almost said as much but decided you were going for shock value and opted to not reward you with negative attention. I'm happy to find out that it was all for shock value/to upset Ptesan-Wi.

I'm an asshole, not a rapist. Even the joke wasn't advocating rape. Please; as if between myself, Satyr, Lemmy, Revenant and Trooper we couldn't nail every broad on the planet three times over and have them waiting in line for fourthsies.

You know what? Fuck it. You people are fucking ridiculous. You know that? The idea that I'd advocate rape even as a fuckin' joke, just...man, fuck you all.

Troop, dude, I think you're making shit up. I remember fight number thirteen pretty well, and it didn't have shit to do with this. If she's become such a humorless, sour cunt since I left her that she doesn't recognize satire anymore, then she's so fucking addled it's no wonder she still dates you.

Fuck if I know what thirteen was about. But no, she just didn't like you trying to get me to fuck other women. She's kind of possessive.

Machina: try anything of the sort, and you have my word - Lakota word, which unlike that of the Wasicu has meaning through the years other than betrayal - that the even the red stain you will leave behind on sacred ground will be cleansed from the earth.

You know, You had my respect up until this. Basically you are calling me a liar at best and an untrustworthy backstabber at worst.

I never realized you were a racist until now.

I'm an asshole, not a rapist. Even the joke wasn't advocating rape. Please; as if between myself, Satyr, Lemmy, Revenant and Trooper we couldn't nail every broad on the planet three times over and have them waiting in line for fourthsies.

You know what? Fuck it. You people are fucking ridiculous. You know that? The idea that I'd advocate rape even as a fuckin' joke, just...man, fuck you all.

Machina, I know very little about you save what I've seen here... which hasn't been complimentary to you, in my opinion. I don't know what you are capable of; I don't know where you draw your lines. All I have are the words you put on the screen, and if you don't put the right words up there, then I will draw the wrong conclusions.

Velvet and Tempest:

This thing began when, because I used a Lakota word that carried a more precise meaning than any English word I could find, I became (according to Flicker and Machina) incourteous.

When I further tried to explain that Lakota and English approach the business of language in different ways, I became (according to Flicker, Revenant, Jager and Machina) a narcissistic racist with a persecution complex.

When I attempted to explain that my goal is to help my people improve their cultural identity and pride, I became someone who was (according to Trooper) fighting a futile fight, and (according to Machina and Revenant) one of a people suitable for genetic eradication by way of rape.

I think that a bit of anger on my part is justified. And considering the two-faced nature by which these people have dealt with me, I do not think that tying them into the historical perspective of endless broken promises to the various tribes (a sequence which continues even to this day, as states abrogate our treaty rights for highways and dams) is out of line.

Finally, I will not apologize for using the word "Wasicu". It translates as "takes the fat" or "greedy person", and is an apt description of exactly how we have been dealt with from the time of the arrival of Europeans on this continent right through the present day. Though, if it makes you feel better, the word "Sioux" - a word not our own that has come into such common usage that even some of the People use it - is a contraction of Nadowessioux, an old French-Canadian word meaning "snake" or enemy.

Oh, and as for "the People"? That's a literal translation of "Lakota". Consider it that courtesy that Flicker first asked for in this thread.

Originally Posted By: Flicker

We need to talk.

While I understand why you might say that Neil, I don't want to see you either get yourself or anyone else hurt; nor do something you'll regret. If you still need to talk this out after talking to Flicker, please call me, no matter what time.

Lou Anne

Oh, shit, this is rich.

Alright, Pissy, down to it. Your pathetic little tirade was so myopic and wrongheaded that I'm actually going to break my own rule and quote you in context, just so I can lay bare what a pretentious, narcissistic, duckspeaking, red-faced, lying, hypocritical prig you really are:

...and (according to Machina and Revenant) one of a people suitable for genetic eradication by way of rape.

How does it feel to totally make shit up? I mean, what's to fucking say on that one? Leaving aside your own ignorant pride about your supspecies of human, I never said anything of the like, which would have been apparent to anyone who wasn't an agenda-toting nut. All peoples throughout history have been subject to forced integration (funny how you use that totally non-applicable word 'eradication') with other cultural groups. Indians were spared that; if they hadn't, there'd be more of your precious blood in the gene pool and I wouldn't have these thoroughly enjoyable conversation with dipshits like you.

I think that a bit of anger on my part is justified. And considering the two-faced nature by which these people have dealt with me, I do not think that tying them into the historical perspective of endless broken promises to the various tribes (a sequence which continues even to this day, as states abrogate our treaty rights for highways and dams) is out of line.

You know what? Every Indian I ever met was a meth-addicted alcoholic. By your logic, I guess that entitles me to think of some whimsical name for your entire fucking culture, something that means "worthless drunk" or "dumb as dogshit addict". As long as we're stereotyping, here, I figure we can make this a two-way street. This special pleading, shallow bullshit you're trying to sell was old and tired before people stopped giving a shit about anyone who didn't have a fucking brain tumor.

And how fucking dare you refer to me as "two-faced". I think you're an ignorant, shallow, vapid, narcissistic turd. I have never been anything less than utterly honest about that.

Finally, I will not apologize for using the word "Wasicu". It translates as "takes the fat" or "greedy person", and is an apt description of exactly how we have been dealt with from the time of the arrival of Europeans on this continent right through the present day.

You know, most of the people you use that word to describe didn't come here on the fucking Mayflower. A good part of them got here well after westward expansion and Manifest Destiny. Some of us didn't even have grandparents who saw the second world war. Not that any of that matters to you. All you see is the color of a person's skin, you find out where they're from, and they conveniently fall under your fucking pathetic blanket condemnation of all things white and American. Well, you know what? My family arrived here during the Depression, and we haven't broken higher than the middle class tax bracket since we emigrated from the UK as fucking potato farmers, but I'm a goddamn American. My family, unlike yours, integrated into the joyous melting pot that is the best goddamn nation on this fucking planet. You represent a bunch of fucking squatters who were allowed the mercy of not being evicted. And despite a couple hundreds years worth of offers to join the club, you'd rather sit in your fucking diaper and refuse to join the club than just accept the fact that you lost, your time is over, and it's time for you to just melt with the rest of us. Otherwise, you know what? Get the fuck out of my country. And I can say that with conviction, because I'm a goddamn American, but you? You want to pretend you're something else.

Oh, and you know what else? I never advocated rape. I never would. I don't even think it's funny as a joke. You misread me, and you've chosen to continue misreading me to suit your purposes. That's fine. I'm sure that most of us aren't so goddamn blinded by our own corona of holiness that we can't see what a farce your attempts at twisting my words are. Now, run on back to the Church of the Perpetual Victim, little martyr.

And how fucking dare you refer to me as "two-faced"

Like this:
You know, Pissy-Wu, you're goddamn lucky that the American colonists who brought The People to heel didn't have the good sense to just breed them out of existence, like most conqueror tribes have done.

In fact, that gives me a swell idea. Satyr, Lemmy, Troop, Rev, what say we get together and seed as many squaws as we can find? Pick up the axe where Custer dropped it, you know?
vs
How does it feel to totally make shit up? I mean, what's to fucking say on that one? Leaving aside your own ignorant pride about your supspecies of human, I never said anything of the like, which would have been apparent to anyone who wasn't an agenda-toting nut.

Your word is without value.

Ptesan-Wi:

If you want to continue to justify your attitudes and existence with things that happened so far into the past that neither of us were even present for them, by all means, do so. You're not helping your people, in my opinion, by buying into the hatred yourself. If you're going to continue to use such words, knowing full well they're intended to be insulting, please don't act shocked and self-righteous when someone takes them at face value.

As far as rape is concerned, you're off your rocker if you think any of these guys were seriously considering forcing themselves on a woman. That sort of behavior is reserved for animals who can't control themselves. Their statements were meant to provoke you, and apparently they succeeded.

Neil Preston:

It's already been said, but if you want to start problems in Chicago, you're going to have more to deal with than Revenant. He may not care what happens, but I'm not about to just stand by while some other hyperemotional jackass with something to prove decides to make my home city their personal battleground. I'm also not willing to sit on my thumb while you go running off to play "White Knight" for an adult woman more than capable of defending herself verbally on a fucking OpNet forum, potentially landing one of my closest friends in jail because you managed to lose the measuring tape for your dick-waving contests. I'm not a fighter by any means, but I was raised in Chicago and I'd be more than willing to give you a proper Windy City greeting if you don't want to behave yourself.

Go ahead. Piss off the WCK, piss off the saintly woman who fell in love with you. When you're lying on the pavement, broken and confused in a pool of your own bodily fluids (each of which I'm sure you'll probably categorize later), don't say you weren't warned.

As an aside, yes, I'm pissy lately. Apparently someone's anger management issues are rubbing off.

Velvet: take a look at the rape statistics on any given reservation. Look at who the perpetrators of these rapes are. Then, tell me how "off my rocker" I am. I've seen far too many rapes of Lakota girls - girls that I have tried to help afterwards, whose minds I have tried to calm and restore - by non-Lakota men to have any tolerance at all for "jokes" of this sort.

And as for dredging up things from the "far past", tell that to the Senecas, who saw a third of the Salamanca reservation flooded away by the Kinzua dam in 1965... and a freeway run through their burial grounds in the 1980s and 1990s... and denial of their sovereign tax status in 2007... and the list goes on. Those are the modern examples for one reservation, and the pattern is repeated across the tribes, as your government continues to abrogate treaty after treaty.

Hmmmph.. I guess I shouldn't stir the coals in here as the flames are rising high enough as it is but hey why not.

First of all.. 'The People' is catching a lot of flack but why? I see 'The One Race' use so often anymore that this shouldn't even be raising an eye brow.

Wasicu, yeah we can use it in a nasty context. There is a lot of bitterness and old grudges that when you are brought up in it tends to rub off. You think Native Americans are bad about this? Try looking over toward the middle east, their grudges last millennia. Not justifying them just saying they are not things that go away easily.

Machina, I was gonna get ticked off. I bristled a bit at your statements (as you probably wanted) but I am smart enough to know that is what you wanted. But the fact is the way you implied the sex was rape that is what conquerors do and you said pick up the axe where custer dropped it. You might not have meant what it sounded like but I know you are smart enough to know it did sound that way.

Neil, Chill out. You know she would only ever feel the unwanted touch of another man after my corpse was cold and every drop of my blood spent trying to protect her.

Revenant, Before/if Neil comes to go some rounds with you I will give you some good news and some bad news. Good news, their would be no property damage. No buildings would come crashing down no one else would die. Bad news, Your intestines might slither out of your belly button to strangle you, your node my shut down or your heart would explode. Being dead those things might not matter but keep in mind. Neil might just bring you back to life long enough to kill you. Not a threat really just a tactical appraisement. Personally I would rather get roasted like a chicken by Mal or blinded by Pax's shiny noggin O' justice than deal with what Neil would do if he lost it.

Okay now everyone else. Take a deep breath.

The Ghost Dance is over. For those of you who do not know what that is look it up but basically it was a cult movement within Native American society that's purpose was to wash the White Man off North America (basically). I know the future for my people is not a new war that cannot be won. But I am to help them stand again so not everyone you meet Machina is a Meth addict or a drunkard. My job is to help them forge a future. Building new schools on reservations sending more Indians to college than ever before. This is just one aspect but there are others. Ptesan-Wi's role is that we never forget our old ways. Not that we must return to them but we can retain our strong culture heritage and still melt into America.

You have a big job ahead then, kiddo. Ever hear of cultural disconnection? More of it around these days than say fifty years ago but lots of grubbers are dealing with it. No connection to the past. And with good reason. Nobody lives there anymore. In your dirt world kachino dolls got their asses handed to them by Barbie Battalion at the battle of Mattel. Dreamcatchers are pretty but not really up to specs when it comes to handling reality. Nothing new though. The ghost dance was a response to an opening move in a drawn out game of grubber assimilation.

I don't give advice. I can tell you my philosophy though. Make your world, change the world or die unhappy from embarrassment. Pretending its all good because great-great-great-great grandmother and grandfather didn't fail in their situation is stupid. Its a multiple choice thing but the fallout from making the wrong one is a real bitch.

Originally Posted By: Lou Anne Burgess

We need to talk.

While I understand why you might say that Neil, I don't want to see you either get yourself or anyone else hurt; nor do something you'll regret. If you still need to talk this out after talking to Flicker, please call me, no matter what time.

If Neil still needs to talk this out after talking to me, then you can have him.

Engaged, remember?

Engaged, remember?
Okay... thinking this through... first nova threatens second nova... third nova tells him to talk to fourth nova... third nova offers to talk to him if fourth nova doesn't make it better... fourth nova offers first nova to third nova if talking to her doesn't make it better... third nova says "engaged"...

Next up: the rising price of tea in China?

[if Neil still needs to talk this out after talking to me, then you can have him.

Engaged, remember?

Sorry, didn't mean to be perceived as stepping on your toes. I'm happily married myself. I was offering as a friend and more importantly, a Doctor of Psychology. I'm not just an M.D.

Sorry, didn't mean to be perceived as stepping on your toes. I'm happily married myself. I was offering as a friend and more importantly, a Doctor of Psychology. I'm not just an M.D.
... fourth nova is female... third nova also female... fourth nova perceives third nova as rival female.. fourth nova defines personal territory... no overlap between territory of females... breeding imperatives become recessive factor in social dynamic... male remains silent... good for him... escalation unlikely at this point...

This makes sense now.
Originally Posted By: Wakinyan
Smarmy little Aquaman wannabe eh?
Smarmy?

Aquaman was a grubber fantasy. Not nearly the closet homosexual that Namor was but still a fantasy.
Originally Posted By: Wakinyan
Anyway, Yeah I know what the deal is and I know what I am up against.
I'm not so sure you do. The culture has already been destroyed. You could pick up the few remaining pieces of cultural fragments and fuse them into something workable but that would be a waste of time. Your time to waste but still a waste. On the other hand you could try to go back to the real roots of the culture and let it build on its own instead of trying to recreate a social pinnacle that's useless to their current reality.

Originally Posted By: Aqua Marine
... fourth nova is female... third nova also female... fourth nova perceives third nova as rival female.. fourth nova defines personal territory... no overlap between territory of females... breeding imperatives become recessive factor in social dynamic... male remains silent... good for him... escalation unlikely at this point...

This makes sense now.

This isn't really an attack, honestly... but do you have to type your thoughts out like that? And I'm asking because I want to laugh, but would feel bad doing so if it's a quantum compulsion. So I guess I'm really just asking, is this a joke or something else?

Take a look at the rape statistics on any given reservation. Look at who the perpetrators of these rapes are. Then, tell me how "off my rocker" I am. I've seen far too many rapes of Lakota girls - girls that I have tried to help afterwards, whose minds I have tried to calm and restore - by non-Lakota men to have any tolerance at all for "jokes" of this sort.

Can we keep in mind that while my joke may have been in bad taste against you PW I did not imply rape. I said I wouldn't mind letting you ride me bare back around the reservation. 'Letting' implies you have a choice. I'm crude, I'm an asshole, but I'm not a rapist.

SPEAKING OF! I hate to drudge up the past but Machina's records, Trooper’s records, and mine are all clean as far sexual assaults go. Whose isn't? Well... it just so happens to be....

<drumroll>

Wakinyan!

Yes, that's right... the Lakota spokesman, your husband, who forced himself on Carver a wasicu woman.

I'm living to see the justification here... "He was not himself." "He was having a tough day." "The White Devil forced him too." "She was askin’ for it!" "She tripped, fell, and landed on his dick." “She was white and owed him for years of oppression!”

NONE! I'll say it again. NONE of you rat bastards that visit this forum are innocent. You have all pointed fingers; you have all lied, cheated, stolen, and at some point in your life passed off a joke in bad taste. Be it in a private, or public capacity. Some of us do it more than others, but I’m willing to bet all of you have done it.

Quit pointing fingers people. 'The People' aren't any better than anyone else on this planet. Get off you fuckin' high horse. Be PW, Rhinelander, and the CoMA fuck wit that pops up from time to time.

Give it a fuckin' rest people.

It gets really old, really quick.

I'm done.

Wakinyan, Ptesan-Wi, as an elder of the Navajo, let me offer this advice:

Change or die.

Even our own peoples have evolved culturally. Had we not, the Navajo's ancestors would still be wearing furs and living in the north.

To cling to ancient hatreds is foolish and counter-productive. It's like a member of the KKK chewing on the old fat that his so-many times great-grandmother was killed by a black man during a justified rebellion.

And yes, the Dineh (the closest I can come to Englicising the word) means 'The People'. So many tribes considered themselves humans, and the other peoples were not. I'm sure tribes in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia all felt the same at some point.

Grow up and move on. Let us provide a new path for the First Nations, not a regurgitation of ancient wrongs.

Archived