Aberrant RPG - Dying for power and regeneration combo. Hack?

I have a tabletop character who has 5 mega-stamina, and the regeneration enhancement. I have it in mind to use the following stunt should dire circumstances require it, but I'd like some feedback to make sure my understanding of the rules is correct:

Using the rules under Dying for Power (Aberrant, p. 147) it states that a nova may trade a number of health levels for 2 quantum points each. These are taken as lethal damage.

The rules for regeneration (Aberrant, p. 161) state that a nova with this enhancement may heal one level of bashing or lethal damage by spending 1 quantum point, up to the nova's mega-stamina rating. (So, a character with mega-stamina 5 could spend 5 quantum to regenerate 5 lethal damage levels in one turn.)

So if I read this right, when this character runs out of power, it should be possible to trade five health for 10 quantum on turn 1, spend 5 quantum to regenerate on turn 2, find a use for the 5 leftover quantum on turn 3, hurt herself again on turn 4, regenerate herself again on turn 5, use quantum on turn 6, and so on. . .

By this means, it should be possible for the character to have an unending supply of quantum, although there are a number of drawbacks to the technique, including the ability to use powers only every third turn, and extreme vulnerability to further injury or death.

Is this accurate, or have I missed something?

If it looks like you're getting a free lunch, check the price tag. I believe that the errata explicitly stated that Regeneration cannot be used to heal levels inflicted when Dying for Power... Ah! Here it is:

Quote:
APG, p62

Dying for Power, page 147: Health levels burned to gain quantum points may not be healed with Regeneration or Healing; novas may only heal them at the normal rate for the character's Stamina and Mega-Stamina. As an optional rule, it costs two quantum points to recover each health level burned in this manner.

So... No. Your plan does not work.

Aberrant Player's Guide, pg. 62, states that Health Levels burned to gain quantum points may not be healed with Regeneration or Healing; novas may only heal them at the normal rate for the character's Stamina and Mega-Stamina. As an optional rule, it costs two quantum points to recover each health level burned in this manner.

Gak ... curse my delay.

• 4 weeks later...

As a house rule in the game I play in, we have adapted the regeneration/dying for power interaction somewhat.

Standard expeniture rules apply (2 points in the quantum pool for each lethal health level) and these damage levels cannot be healed by regeneration Until the nova has fully recovered their quantum pool.

We decided on this method as it enforces more of a delay (over the heal the damage at 2qp per level method) before the nova is fully recovered.

Dying for 6qp would take no more than 2 hours for a nova to recover (1 hour for most - total rest with a node of 2).

Having to recover the full quantum pool means a nova who died for power would be out of action for at least 5 or 6 hours - as they wouldn't die unless they had used up their entire pool.

It provided a nice middle ground between the natural healing (cannot regenerate) and the quick pit stop (2qp to heal each level).