Aberrant RPG - Quantum Imprint Questions

I realize that Q.I. in the book does not state that a Nova can Imprint Mega-Attributes, but do you think they should be able to?

If so, what about extras (not free of course, you'd need to spend your QI successes to get it.

If not, why? Mega-Stats are as much a factor of Quantum manipulation as anything else, isn't it?

Another question. Could you use Q.I. to make an attactive defense roll, similar to Bodymorph and Matter Chameleon? In those powers, you 'morph into your energy form (or whatever) to avoid the attack. Isn't it possible that you could use Q.I. to try and match the Quantum Wavelength of the Q. Bolt fired at you?

This is more a 'game logic' question, than a question of 'game balance'. In other words, if you think giving either of these abilities to QI would make it too twinkish, say so, but don't let it affect your decision as to whether or not it is within the power's ability.

Actually, when I said extra, I meant Enhancements. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I'm happy nobody replied to the second part of my message yet (about using QI for soak).

My copy of Teragen (like must of yours) fell apart about four days before it was printed. Then it was ravaged by a small, yipping dog. Therefore, I completely forgot about Quantum Forgery, which it basically a power for what I'd asked for.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Pariah:
Oh, by the way I don't like it mentions attributes under the description of Q-Imprint, just powers.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that, just so we're clear, I'm going by the assumption you meant to write "It doesn't mention Attributes under the description of Q-Imprint, just powers"

If that's the case, you'd be wrong. P218 "...the nova may copy one of the victims Attributes, skills, abilities or powers for each dot he has in Quantum Imprint."

However, if that wasn't what you meant, I apologise.

Forgetting that as you said, Quantum Forgery does exactly what you wanted, I,ll answer anyway.

No I don't think Quantum Imprint could be used for soak...

1 - It's way to slow, taking a full turn to use.

2 - Imprinting someone's power doesn't make you immune to his powers. So unlike Forgery where you try to copy the guy's Q signature, Imprint does something else... probably just "copy/pasting" element of his Q signature to you... while they are some similarity afterward, you guys still have wildly different Q Signature.... where with Forgery, the Q signature look more and more like each others.

3 - Even supposing that Q Imprint would give you defense against people you imprinted (a la forgery), then there's still nothing that indicate you could in essence 'imprint' the signature of a quantum bolt/other power instead of a Nova...

Speaking of Quantum Forgery...this is a little something that the Ranger and I came up with to frustrate just about anyone.

Premonition.

Quantum Forgery (Reflexive).

I think that might be more along the lines of what you were thinking of initially, Bob.

Even if it is a little bit twinky...

Damn... I have the cognitive powers of a dried-out lump of silly putty.

Sorry for the spelling errors, and you are correct Kirby, it does mention attributes.

Stheno, you are correct, what you suggested is what I'm looking for... I think I'm going to let the NPC eventually build up to that power-combo. smile.gif For right now, plain vanilla Quantum Forgery will have to suffice.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Pariah:
For right now, plain vanilla Quantum Forgery will have to suffice.

While we're on the subject of Q-Forgery(Yes, I know this topic's been dead for 2 months, but I don't want to start a new one when this one's so short), I have a question: If Q-forgery makes you 'immune' to a person's powers to an extent, would it allow you to:

1) Throw punches that partially ignore the target's Forcefield?

2) Attune an object so you can tie up an Immolator?

Or would those require a separate power?

Also, along similar lines, I envision a Siphon character, who reflexively Forgery's and absorbs energy beams hurled at him, and emits the same type of energy back. My question on this one is if it is feasible to have Absorption powering a power that you don't have before you begin absorbing.... Absorption to Q-bolt, in this case, so that the type of energy Q-bolt emulates depends on the energy absorbed.

Archived