Adventure! RPG: Dark Tidings - Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being that Doves are just white pigeons I'll allow Lee a 1 inspiration expenditure for the convenient flock with a single white specimen.

Katalyst ... no need to spend for dramatic editing, Lee covered that ... I'm assuming you mean to double your dice pool for the attack? Also what are you attacking with? Your crossbow does lethal damage and if it hits you WILL kill the dove ... I assume you intend to use a pebble or something?

Being that Doves are just white pigeons I'll allow Lee a 1 inspiration expenditure for the convenient flock with a single white specimen.

Katalyst ... no need to spend for dramatic editing, Lee covered that ... I'm assuming you mean to double your dice pool for the attack? Also what are you attacking with? Your crossbow does lethal damage and if it hits you WILL kill the dove ... I assume you intend to use a pebble or something?

Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
I ask ya ... wouldn't it have been easier to just visit a pet shop? Seriously? *chuckles*

But... the animal in the pet store expects to get taken home and cuddled and loved! The animal in the wild is like, "This is da bidness, baby. Tooth and Claw." IT's better to take the wild animal over the tame! grin

I ask ya ... wouldn't it have been easier to just visit a pet shop? Seriously? *chuckles*

But... the animal in the pet store expects to get taken home and cuddled and loved! The animal in the wild is like, "This is da bidness, baby. Tooth and Claw." IT's better to take the wild animal over the tame! grin

It would have been easier, but then again when does one get to show off their remarkable throwing skills. smile

It would have been easier, but then again when does one get to show off their remarkable throwing skills. smile

Here's how this works ... Marion doubled her dice pool of 10 (Int 4 Occult 6) and then got 2 bonus dice from Catori and Arch (both have Occult 3+) for 22 dice total. The difficulty was 3+ so the first 4 successes are lost the remaining (which I will not tell you how many there were) each correspond to a single question or order you can give the shade. After you use the last one he will return to the underworld.

Here's how this works ... Marion doubled her dice pool of 10 (Int 4 Occult 6) and then got 2 bonus dice from Catori and Arch (both have Occult 3+) for 22 dice total. The difficulty was 3+ so the first 4 successes are lost the remaining (which I will not tell you how many there were) each correspond to a single question or order you can give the shade. After you use the last one he will return to the underworld.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning! Rules content below!

Doing Research

Any PC can do research so long as they can either read the languages in the books they are using or speak the language of the contacts they use. Research in it pure form uses the Investigation skill cross matched to intelligence. Bonuses will be applied for appropriate contacts, allies, skills (rating 3+), and the like. A roll will be made for each increment of time spent researching with a difficulty equal to the Cipher rating of the target person or information.

When a PC wants to research something please tell me (either via, PM, table talk post, or preferably an OOC note in your post). Tell me how long (in hours or days as appropriate) you will research the target and what, if any, special contacts you feel you can apply to the task and wish to do so with. Remember that contacts will want something in return and that allies will likely ask for a favor in return someday. Lastly players may spend an inspiration to add their Reflective Facet Score to the effort as automatic Successes.

Additional Researchers

Having people to run and get books, pre-read materials, and the like can often help significantly when researching. For each additional person you may add 1 Die to your pool, a further dice can be added if that person has Investigation 3+ and/or Intelligence 3+. You can benefit from a maximum number of research assistants equal to your Reflective Facet +1 (minimum 1 even if you have a Reflective score of 0)

I'll decide what the interval is and the Cipher rating and make the required rolls. Successes will be cumulative toward the total information gathered. Information will be sent to the player or players via PM (most of the time) or in a direct post.

Archived