Adventure! RPG: Dark Tidings - Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Prologue is now closed and Chapter 1 is open, all the PCs are present and you should feel free to mingle. I would appreciate a description of your PCs in their formalwear (or what passes for it for a couple of you).

Also, I have not heard from a couple of you if you wanted to make changes to your PCs but you still have about 3.5 hours before the cutoff.

She's petite and thin (as of the end of the Prologue, though this is starting to change as of Chapter 1). Part of the confusion comes from a lack of socialization. As that improves and she puts meat on her bones, she'll fill out and look older. She will always be short (too late to correct that malnutrition). She can't pass as a child for more than a moment in dim lighting, not unless she's making a real effort to look like one, and not at all in full light.

I'll try to remember to explain this better as I write for her.

Does that all help? smile

So kneeling down to be eyelevel with her is not appropriate. She is just shorter than average but still has matured in one way or the other. Malnutrition doesn't let you look young (the contrary is usually the case). Thank you anyways, that helped a lot to picture her better.

Hey, Lee?

Are you planning to ask Marion about the Box in the fiction? It makes a difference in the main game thread, because if you've consulted with her, she'd know what y'all are talking about. If not, she might not.

Do ya have a preference, sir?

Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
Just a comment on the running fiction.

Daphne should be careful of hypothermia. The harbor averages about 55ºF now a days in October and this has been a cold autumn for them so it may be a good deal colder.

A counter-comment: (Wo)man of All Seasons. wink So she's probably feeling chilly, but hypothermia won't be an issue.

If I don't consult with you on the box in the fiction, I'll certainly have consulted with you at some point in the last two months. Assume you know about the box and may well have done some research into it.

Oh, and as a quick note, I was so not intending to hit on Catori. Honest! Damn you all for putting ideas in my character's head!

Well, okay, I don't really damn you all, I'm just annoyed that I didn't think of it first...

Not to call Lee out on this but ...

For furture reference people this is the kind of stuff I really need you to tell me when I ask for downtime activities between chapters as it will affect my planning.

no big deal in this case but please please keep this stuff in mind for the future. If you don't say it, you didn't do it.

OK folks, Marion is going to need to retire to the library for several hours and some sleep will be in order (for most of you as well). I'm going to post in the morning and jump forward to the late morning on the 22nd. If you wish to do something during the time other than sleep you must tell me so. Otherwise I will assume you have rested only.

OK folks, Marion is going to need to retire to the library for several hours and some sleep will be in order (for most of you as well). I'm going to post in the morning and jump forward to the late morning on the 22nd. If you wish to do something during the time other than sleep you must tell me so. Otherwise I will assume you have rested only.

it was mentioned to me that maybe I jumped the gun in moving ahead ... If that is the case I apologize, it was done with the intent to keep the story moving at a decent pace, if you all would like I could edit backwards and let you all riff some more ... just let me know.

As always please feel free to come to me with comments, questions and suggestions, I cannot make the game better than it is without your feedback.

it was mentioned to me that maybe I jumped the gun in moving ahead ... If that is the case I apologize, it was done with the intent to keep the story moving at a decent pace, if you all would like I could edit backwards and let you all riff some more ... just let me know.

As always please feel free to come to me with comments, questions and suggestions, I cannot make the game better than it is without your feedback.

Archived