Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Chapter 3: Animals and Relics

jameson (ST)

Courier comments without humor,

*I would guess I'm the bad man.*

*Or maybe that's, everyone is. You point to someone, say to him, that's a bad man, kill him.*

*...I think you/we still have left overs from that meal. Ask him if he's hungry.*

*...I wonder if bringing him into the link would help? Maybe get some pictures of where he used to be? If we're lucky, then maybe enough for Adam to gate to.*

Courier starts to fly down, but he will make sure the new squid-boy, Billy, can see him while he's still 20 meters in the air. This will give Billy the chance to recognize him from there.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Raider listens to Billy before asking, "The bad man, can you describe what he looks like? I was here with my friends looking for a bad man too. Maybe it is the same bad man."

Billy looks thoughtful for a moment, “Not sure what bad man look like, Robert knowed … ROBERT!!ROBERT WHERE YOU??” he yells aloud again.

Quote:
Gregory then speaks up. "I heard you talking about hungry, and you were going to eat someone. Who you want to eat?"

Billy laughs with a child’s laughter, “Me not eat people! Me just hungry … me hungry still,” turning to Raider he looks almost plaintive, “You have yummy crunchies?”

Above them Courier begins to drift downward until he hovers within 20-30 feet of the others. Either Billy has not noticed Courier or he is unconcerned about him at the moment.

Buzz is struggling ineffectually to try and escape the clutches of both his inner demons and whoever is holding onto him.

"No! Lemme go! We can still save 'em! Mom! Dad! Let go you motherfuckers!" Buzz's usual gravelly voice is smoothing out, taking on a higher pitch, sounding younger, a lot younger like a teenage boy's.

"Just give them another minute! Just a minute please!" he sobs as his struggles get weaker.

Courier sends to Adam,

*Adam, get the left over food together, one of the abbies survived and he's either a child or really dumb. We're going to feed him and see if he'll tell us where KB is.*

*We don't know what happened to the other. Either he ported out with Squidward's device or he got fried to nothing.*

*Oh, and how's Buzz*

"Who's Robert? Where do you guys live?" Gregory asked Bill. "And why did both of you attack that guy earlier?"

Gregory was convinced that Robert duped Bill into attacking them. Robert was probably told by Squiddie to attack us, and Bill, being very innocent, went along wth it.

Billy looks thoughfully to the sky, "Robert looks like you, except wit' brown hair and and purple eyes and he's bigger ... and meaner."

He looks at Gregory for a moment, "I live ... umm... I dunno, Robert would know! I thought it was da bad man so I jumped on him!" he says cheerfully. "Mister why you cryin'? You got any food? I'm hungry!" he finshes whining a bit.

Abover Courier floats looking around as Raider and Gregory try to talk to Billy. He notices something toward the edge of the blast area buried partially under the debris and dirt thrown up by the explosion.

"We are getting food. It come soon." Gregory says to him.

"Why did friend attack as well? I saw blast of light hit man? I know that man was not the bad one you looking for. I cry for him. I knew him. He was inn'cent, now he no more" Gregory believed he was on to something.

"Would Robert trick yous about da bad man. Did someone tell him who bad man was?"

(Trickster on to convince him that the construct was a real person, who is now dead.)

Courier looks at the object for a moment and tries to convince himself that it isn't a person, then he tries to convince himself it isn't KB. He isn't quite successful, and he floats over to the object for a closer look.

Gregory, Raider, stand between Billy and me please, I think I've found something.

Raider will move casually so that Billy is looking away from the direction that Courier is going. "Billy, while we are waiting on the food, can you describe what your home looks like? Is it in the trees, by the water, is it a town with many people? Do they talk like us?"

Raider and Gregory move such that Billy's back is to Courier as the big man lands to check out the debris.

Quote:
"Would Robert trick yous about da bad man. Did someone tell him who bad man was?"

"Billy looks up at Gregory, "Robert no trick Billy, Robert's nice to me ... mostly. Funny man talk to Robert, tell Robert to find bad man. Funny old man pull this out of my nose," Billy produces a quarter and makes to shove it up his nose.

Quote:
"Billy, while we are waiting on the food, can you describe what your home looks like? Is it in the trees, by the water, is it a town with many people? Do they talk like us?"

Billy scrunches up his face, "Smelly ugly place, here is much prettyier, but me and Robert have nowhere else to live," he looks sad then scans about the area, "Robert! Where ARE you?!! Robert flys us here and tell me to hide in trees. I jump on person cause I bored and thought it was bad man then BOOM and hot and you here."

Away towards the edge of the blast zone courier begins to pull up debris and uncovers a small satchel. Within is a knife, some food which stinks of rot, and a small electronic box. Courier looks closely and thniks that it might resemble the device Squidward had at their last encounter but he is unsure having never got a good look the first time around.

Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
Away towards the edge of the blast zone courier begins to pull up debris and uncovers a small satchel. Within is a knife, some food which stinks of rot, and a small electronic box. Courier looks closely and thinks that it might resemble the device Squidward had at their last encounter but he is unsure having never got a good look the first time around.
Doug sends,

*Raider? What is this?*

*I think we should trade spots. I'll use the link to talk to Billy here and you can look at this.*

Doug walks back to the others. As he walks he mentally draws a line between the center of the blast and where he found the bag.

Raider will switch places with Courier and examine the device.

"Billy, this is Doug, he's a nice man. He wants to talk to you while we wait for the food. I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom." Raider will walk behind some trees and then go incorporeal and slip back over to the backpack underground. He'll then get out of sight and examine the device. He'll also look around for other signs of Robert.

Billy looks between Raider and Doug, "Hi Doug!" he yaps. "Are you having food too? Yummy yummy crunchy munchies!"

Quote:
"Billy, I can send pictures of people and places into other people's heads. Can I do that with you? That way you can send me a picture of Robert and I can send you one of who we are looking for."

Billy cover his head with his tentacles hiding such that only a single eye peer out from between the writhing mass, "No pictures in my head! Bad person make Billy scared with thinky pictures!"

Billy peeks out again, "Draw pictures? Me draw good!"

Raider opens the bag carefully and inspects its contents. Of note is a somewhat rusty makeshift note, some food that would seem unfit for human consumption, and a small electronic device. Raider looks the thing over it does not appear to have anything more than a single toggle switch and a green LED which is currently off. Raider cannot be sure but he thinks it may be similar to the one Squidward had.

Gregory listens to Billy and begins to feel sorry for what he did to his friend, Robert. Billy kinda like me. I not edicated, he not smart. I think I get his friend killed. I had friend killed once too. I got very sad.

"Billy, if you let him link with you, he can help find Robert." Gregory says with a smile on his face. "And we might find the bad man too. Wood you's like that?"

(OOC: Using Trickster to get him to think that he can find Robert if he links.)

Billy screws up his face with disgust and shakes his head, "No! No, no, no! Me not like head talking, head talking hurt! Billy draw! You have draw?" Billy looks around at Gregory and Courier, it seems that he may have had a bad expereince with a telepath at some point. Either way he's certainly not amicable toward the idea of having Courier send him mental anything.

Originally Posted By: Courier
Courier sends to Adam,

*Adam, get the left over food together, one of the abbies survived and he's either a child or really dumb. We're going to feed him and see if he'll tell us where KB is.*

*We don't know what happened to the other. Either he ported out with Squidward's device or he got fried to nothing.*

*Oh, and how's Buzz*
((some reason, I missed this. Mea culpa.)) Adam looks back at Buzz, standing worriedly in the doorway. *Buzz flipped out. One of the townies heard my bombs, so they came banging on the door to make sure everyone was ok. I'm waiting for the doctor to come take a look at him. Then I'll get the food together and come join you.*

Raider will send to Courier, "I think this device might be like squidwards. It looks very much like the one you guys described. I don't know if it will take us all to him, but I think our best bet would be to all gather here and hit the button and see what happens. I expect it will take us to whereever he went when he disappeared."

Courier thinks about Raider's statement for a minute then says,

"Hey Billy, has that bad thinker shown up with any women recently?"

(To Adam, although Doug will forward this to everyone else as well) *Raider found Squidward's teleport box. He thinks it might be as easy as just clicking the button and we'll be there. Billy here on the other hand would like to draw... I'm sure Raider has some pens and paper lying around. Please bring that with the food.*

*The question is, assume for the moment that you warp to us in a few moments then we click the button and it takes us to Squidy and KB. How much juice would you have? Enough for another gate or two?*

Raider thinks to Courier, "One more thing I just thought of. What if this Robert can do what I can. Can anyone 'feel' to see if he's hanging around? The other thing to consider is that we don't know where Robert is. He might have teleported back to base and Squiddy might be expecting us. On the other hand Squiddy might be expecting a report from Robert at some specific time. We might have a timelimit beyond which the element of surprise is lost, assuming we haven't lost it already."

Back in town Ralphie rushes into Raider's place with the doctor in tow and dashes to Buzz's side. The old man is already starting to come out of his fugue state but the extra attention allows Adam to start throwing food and drawing supplies into a bag. He finds another room and opens a warp to the crash site ...

... maybe twnety feet from Courier. Adam drops down and sees the large steel plated man and hurries over. Billy claps (sorta) in delight as the food is unpacked as well as some paper and pencils. He quickly makes short work of most of the food, making a sticky mess of himself in the process.

Finally sated he grab the pencils and paper and begins to draw though he refuses to let the Courier and the other see what he is drawing. Some time later he stops and puts the pencils down. He turns the pad around and shows the others an amazingly well drawn picture of a young man in his mid 20s. The man is clearly not Squidward and in fact does resemble Raider in many ways.

"Robert!" pronounces as he holds up the picture.

Buzz is shuddering and shivering from the experience as his pulse is taken and a light flashed into his eyes.

"I'm alright." he mumbles. "I'm alright!" he snaps when the light is flashed into his eyes again. He takes the cup of tea offered to him and gulps it down.

"Dammit! Why does this keep happening!" No good to anyone he thinks as he starts to stand up straight and catch up on what he missed.

(Back to Raider… then to everyone with the final conclusion.)

*Gregory pinged for Robert several times and didn't find him. I suppose he might have teleported without attuning the bag... Billy could have been carrying... no, if I were Robert I wouldn't trust Billy to be carrying it.*

*So it was Robert's bag. Presumably that beam of light that nailed Gregory's golum was Robert's. Light powers... maybe he could teleport. Or maybe he just got fried. If he teleported then Squidward knows we’re here… and that we have Billy. I’d think he’d contact us again, like he did last time. Gloat about KB, maybe start hurting her.*

*OK, so we have Billy. Maybe we got Robert. That’d be two of his crew down, that plus surprise would be huge. I’d like to do something with Billy and then go.*

Doug says to Billy,

“WOW! That’s really impressive. You are a good drawer Billy. So this is Robert... huh, it looks a lot like Raider. Say Raider, do you have a brother? Say Billy, does Robert have any friends we can talk to?”

Arriving on the scene, Adam will wait until Courier is not occupied with Squid Junior. "Look, I can get us back out, if you don't want me to blow up the whole place. If it teleports us to an ambush, with KB nowhere near, I can let lose with no worries - my own bombs don't affect me. But I don't want to hurt you guys Maybe just Raider and I? That way, he can drop down into the rock, while I blow the crap out of anyone there."

"You's good Billy" Gregory says excitedly. "Where you learn to do that?"

Inside however, Gregory was weeping for Billy. We killed Billy's friend. He has no-one left. He began to dwell on the thought of having hurt someone so innocent.

Shaking his head. No...I had to do it. They attack us. Leave us no choice. But still Billy now alone.

"Billy...Wanna be my friend?" Gregory smiles to the tentacled aberrant. He felt a strange kinship with Billy, for they both relied on a friend for survival.

(Only to Buzz)

Originally Posted By: Buzzkill
*Yeah, yeah I'm OK now. What's going on? Who's Billy?*

Buzz answers the telepathic conversation.

*Adam did his thing on the abbies who were waiting for us, one of them is missing or dead, Billy is the other. Mentally he's about 8, who knows, maybe he's really 8. We're thinking of leaving him with you. Raider thinks he has Squidward's Teleporter gadget. If we did toast one of Squid's crew, then without Billy he'll be two men down. Now would be a good time to go look him up and free KB.*
Quote:
....."Billy...Wanna be my friend"....What the?!...."Danger!" Gregory yells as he kicks up his force field.
*Crap!*

Quote:
Danger!

Gregory activates his force field reflexivly, nearly instantaneously a beam of crimson energy slams into him throwing him back and to the groud. Simultaneously Raider shunts the lion's share of his mass into a pocket dimension becoming intaginble to the world around him. Courier throws himself up into flight and rockets up 100 meters in a matter of scant second before looking back.

Adam apparently caught flat footed can only look on as Gregory is tossed back like a rag doll. He manages to follow the beam back to its source, a mangled and bloodied man at the edge of the clearing. He looks much like Raider, if Raider was on the recieving end of a sever beating. His hair is lighter and Raider and Adam can tell his eyes are a different shade but he does look remarkably similar. He is leaning heaviliy against one of the many shattered trees, one arm dangling limp, covered in burns. The other arm holds a stange pistol looking device.

"You sons of bitches, where is he? Where is that freakish bastard!?!" the man collapses to his knees, he still grips the pistol but it's obvious that he is badly wounded.

Billy bounds over to the man, "Robert!" he calls, "Why you shoot at nice peoeple?"

Three leathal levels to Gregory

Raider looks quickly between the wounded and burned nova and Gregory. He will run first to Gregory and assure himself that he is not too badly hurt then he will run to the fallen stranger. Becoming solid again he will rumage through his bags and find a salve to apply to the mans burns and see what other medical attention that he needs.

As he works, "Freakish bastard? Billy, do you know who Robert was talking about? Does he mean the bad man?" Once he has treated Robert he will do what he can for Gregory.

Originally Posted By: Buzzkill
*...What's going on out there?*
Buzz gets a view of the scene, then the comment *Later Buzz* and the link is severed as Doug attempts to shift it to Raider.

Courier holds out one of his metal spheres, draws it back against his strength field... but doesn't actually launch it.

(Only to Raider) *Raider? A look a like holding a high tech gun, is this a brother?*

Adam barely holds back from annihilating this battered stranger, realizing at the last moment that if he does so, he'll probably kill Gregory. But he does have his own force field ready to pop up, just in case, and he's got a bomb ready ... again, just in case, hoping that Raider will have enough time to grab Gregory and pull him to safety.

"Danger"...

The world spun around him. He could feel the pain shooting through his midsection. Soon everything stopped moving, and he now lie on the ground some 4 meters from where he was. He immediately started guarding his ribs. One of them was visibly poking up against his skin, and several others hurt badly. His arms had some obvious bruises, and his muscles ached.

He sees Raider rushing towards him, but raises his hand to stop him. "I be ok, give me minute. Protect the others." he says to Raider. Gregory then closes his eyes and begins to heal his wounds.

Archived