Mutants & Masterminds: Harmony City - Sound off!!

Dawn OOC

To be honest, Wealth is, by design, a fluff feat. It is a good background descriptor, but all in all Chase is right. Thing is, you don't spend money in M&M, you make purchase checks with a DC equal to the equipment cost of the item.

It only gets you the mundane toys any rich playboy millionaire needs. If I caught anyone buying a death ray with their wealth, I'd give them such a pinch!!!

Although buying a mansion, then placing your secret super-HQ under it makes sense genre-wise. smile

Good. We'll not bother with the wealth system, then. smile

Now, I'm going to allow people to write fictions about their characters; basically, they should be personal stories to fill out backstory that I can't address. I've been thinking about giving a point or two of experience for these stories per story arc. These arcs will be clearly marked.

What do people think of this? Ok? I'm going to allow the stories, but what I'm actually referring to is the awards for stories. Yay or nay?

Dawn: Not bother as in not use it, or not touch it and let it stand as is?

As for experience, based on the legnth and quality, we should get rewarded for any fics we do in here. I'd say a 2pp award per fiction, with 3-5pp for a collab that is completed.

Not sure on the exact set up for a litmus test as to how much needs to be done to do get the points, but it should be based around common sense and a good BS filter.

Okay Overclock and I were discussing Defence and the Dodge Bonus and we've come to a deadlock. We've both interpreted just what the Dodge Bonus is and represents differently and as it will impact all characters it needs to be clarified.

From my understanding half of your defence bonus is considered a dodge bonus and is lost if you are flatfooted or suprised.

Example1A: Serpentine has a defence bonus of +10 for a total defence of 20. If he is suprised his total defence is reduced to 15 for the round he is suprised.

Example 2A: Serpentine Jr. has a defence bonus of +4, 3 ranks of the shield power and 3 ranks of dodge focus. His total defence is 20 also. However, his dodge bonus being 8 (2 from def bonus, 3 from shield and 3 from dodge focus), Serpentine jr. only has a total defence of 12 when suprised or flatfooted.

The other argument is that after buying your defence. you divide it in half (round down) and add it to your total defence. This is the dodge bonus that is lost when a character is flatfooted or suprised.

Example 1B: Serpentine buys a defence bonus of +10, giving him a dodge Bonus of +5 which gives him a total defence of 25. when flat footed or suprised he has a total defence of 20

Example 2B: Serpentine jr. buys a defence bonus of +4, the shield power at rank 3 and dodge focus of rank 3, giving him a dodge bonus of 8. This would make is total defence 22 and his flatfooted defence 14.

By this method and the PL cap at our current PL no character could buy more than 7 defence or they will be breaking the PL cap. It also means that the actual cost of def is 2 points/1.5 def.

We've posted to the offical M&M boards for an answer from Steve Kenson (an I've posted on the unnoficial rules board to see what other players think) but I wanted to get feedback from you guys and get your understanding of the rules smile

Archived