Aberrant RPG - Power Mastery (My 1st Post, Yay!)

Warren Verona

Hey all, 1st time poster, long time player... <snicker>

I was curious, Aberrant and Trinity books are scarce around here. I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what the "Mastery" extra does for a power and how one goes about getting it.

I have a copy of the core book, which was in the used books section of a local hobby shop. I bought it for 10 bucks on an impulse buy (okay, it was actually the blue glowing guy on the cover that got curious as to what the game was about)and since then I have been having a blast with it.

Anyone know where I can order books for the game? It appears White Wolf has disco'd the the d10 line and all thats left is d20... which I'm not overly fond of.

Oh... an where can I get the awesome lil chibi face icons... those are cool. wink

Mastery is an extra that's found in the Aberrant Player's Guide and it's supposed to help represent the massive power a nova gains after achieving Quantum 6. There are three levels of it, becoming available at Quantum 6, 8, and 10 respectively.

Mastery 1 essentially doubles everything a power does while cutting the power cost in half. Mastery 2 multiplies it by five (and reduces the cost in half again) and Mastery 3 does it by ten (and, again, reducing the cost by half yet again), IIRC.

I'm sure I'm missing something, though...

You can get information about the chibi avatars in the Out of Character section of the site (should be under avatar requests) but they're normally linked to active PCs. And welcome. smile

Mastery doesn't only double/5x/10x the power effects, it also increses range and area from meters to kilometers/hundreds of km/millions of km, increases the duration of powers, i. e. turning Concentration powers to Maintenance, increasing from turns to hours/days, etc. and it reduces the activation cost of level 1 to 3 powers (I take that as before the application of the Mastery Extra, which always raises effective power level by one) or even makes them cost free. It is really, really useful:-)