Woohoo!

Mech

I love snow. Grew up with vast quantities of the stuff in upstate New York (where there are only two seasons: winter, and bad skiing). Missouri has been hell for me, in that the summers are long and brutal, and the winters are virtually non-existant. So I am simply tickled pink with this recent snowfall, and hope for more through the winter.

We got our first snow this morning. I'm less enthusiastic about snow than most people in this thread though. The amount we got here sounds about like Iowa, not much accumulation but it was still all white when I got up this morning.

• 1 month later...

Well I intended on posting some pictures of our snow, but something is going on with the upload. I'll try it again tonight.

In any event, it snowed across the whole valley. It snows a lot in the mountain, but it's rare for it to stick on the valley floor. Last night we got between .5 and 2 inches depending location. I made the saddest little snowman from the snow on my car. And since nobody stocks up on salt for the roads the whole city basically shut down until 10am.

They've closed up the roads to the mountains which is a shame the ski communities have had such bad seasons lately. Today and tomorrow are what we call "Ski & Golf" days. Ski in the morning, wait for noon when it's back up to 40 or 50 and tee off!

So now that we've actually had a winter I'm ready for those 110F days that I love so much.

Archived