I am considering starting a game here and I was curious as to what other people have done to attract players to a game that is retired?

Are game shops willing to let you use them as recruitment stops even though the game isn't being produced anymore?

Comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Are you considering a PBP game or a live face to face game?

If its PBP, you can advertise here if its remotely similar to Aberrant or a superhero game.(PM Chosen if you are in doubt).

You can also go to various sites like RPG registry and post interest in gathering players, which is what I did for a game I am running.

I went by the game shops in my area and they usually are more than accomodating with allowing you to hang a note on their bulletin board. I got a TT game going that way once...be careful of the freaks though. laugh

If it's Aberrant or Adventure, I'm more than happy to join in whatever game you're running, unless it's totally weird. *lol*

I play at Asche's game and in Roaring Twenties here, run a Teragen game at Asche's website (Aberrant: Desert Sands) and am starting a modern-day AU Adventure! one at Yahoo.

Well, I was thinking about an "in person" game, due to the fact that I have little experience with any other form. I forgot to specify which "here" I was referring to. frown

Just wanted to get some ideas from the more seasoned GM's.

Thanks Asche, Samhra

happy hunting Ammonites. its a had lot finding quality face to facers these days for me, thus my gaing is exclusively online these days. Besides,a family and a real life kind of take the time I would need for a quality table top these days.

If you can post once a day, you are welcome to join one of the games we're in, or to even form your own at my place.

You can always join a PBP game to see how it goes and learn it then decide if you want to make your own. SOme find PBP more fun as it is nearly exclusively ROLEPLAY.