Trapped in Broadbandless Hell

Vixen

Late Wednesday night, the little "cable" light on my modem went out, and it hasn't returned as of today. I have called tech support and they're sending a schlub (sorry Flicker) out to look at it on Tuesday, thus plunging me into the longest broadband shortage of my admittedly blessed life.

It may not even return on Tuesday, and until it does, any interaction I will have on this forum will be minimal. Right now I'm typing this on a library terminal, having beaten out a senior citizen who is wondering why a 29 year old guy with glasses and a buzzcut is typing under the alias "Vixen." It's something all the kids are into, Creepy Senior Lady Who's Watching Me Type.

Try not to a) kill or B) deflower my characters while I'm away. Updates as I get them.

Thank you and resume speed.

I have returned. A power surge took out both the cable splitter and the 8 year old modem that I accessed the internet with. Both have been replaced and all is good now.

If I ever switch ISPs, I'm getting one with a "backup dial-up access" option, 'cause these last five days have been rough.

Archived