The Time Has Come- Non-canon vote.

Hugin

Chrysalis specifically is supposed to be triggered when there is a stressful situation where the nova is at risk.

Long blowing up an asteroid hardly puts himself at risk. In fact, due to Long's incredible powers I doubt anything short of combat with another, massively powered nova, would come anything close.

This isn't personal and I hope people realize that.

I vote non-canon.

Originally Posted By: Wakinyan
I will vote canon. His fight with Saori and him restraining himself from killing her would have been a very stressful event for Long. More than enough to justify Chrysalis starting.

Bullshit.

From the Teragen book, pg. 119, top of the second column
Quote:
Entering Chrysalis: To enter Chrysalis, the Marvel must challenge the impossible and prove he is the master of his own body and abilities. This can manifest in countless ways, but the action must pose a level of risk to the nova. and the resulting Chrysalis usually allows the TErat to manifest a power corresponding to the threat involved. A Terat with control over heat might not trigger a Chrysalis by entering the core of a raging fire but might if he were to expose himself to the cold vaccuum of space

The event that triggers has to fulfill the situation. Getting into a fight with someone who couldn't hurt you if they tried poses no risk. It's absurd.

All things considered, and knowing what Long is going for with this Chrysalis (hint: it ain't more bang-toys), I think that it is a valid pursuit... because what he's going for has zilch to do with blowing up the asteroid.

Long's life has been falling apart around him. He's been reviled and abandoned by his sister. His wife is on the run... and all but spat in his face when he tried to express joy at her pregnancy. His society is turning from him because of his extra-marital affair. And yet, he has managed - somehow - to keep in check his Rage aberration. If he had not, if he had caved in to it and attacked those who have demeaned him, he would have been exiled or hunted or worse.

The "risk" here was the repercussions of caving in to his rage... and despite all odds, he managed to not do so.

I vote canon.

Long has suffered trmendous losses of things he feels defined him. Only through the strength of his will has he remained in control. He's lost his wife. He nearly killed his sister, Something that he didn't think he could ever even contemplate. He exiled her instead of death, but that can be a fate far worse. Some of his peers in his home nation scorn him because of the situation with Endeavor. His world has been crubling down around him for weeks. No matter what he's tried, his mastery of himself has still proved wanting. He has challenged that, his driving goal to better himself, to truly master his rage and himself. That's what this Chrysalis is about. He's set out to prove he is truly his own master.

The social risk involved has been evident over the past month or so in his life.. TS killing a Utopian his affair with Endeavor and falling out with Saori. These are social risks sure but I am not sure if the marvel path requires only a physical risk. As of yet I am not totally convinced this is unrealisitic to enter in the manner he has.. My only hesitance is he did not exert any power in these social events that would have precipitated the chrysalis.

Archived