Aberrant: The Long March - Table Talk: The Long March

Mr Fox

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just posting here so you guys know I'm not totally MIA, but I've had a really terrible RL weekened, which has made me really busy this week as collateral damage. If Isabel really needs to make a contribution, I'll find time to post, but between the character not really being very talkative and that I haven't really been thinking about the game, I don't have anything much to add. Or much time to add it.

You guys have gotten the meet and great over with. What further would you like to do before moving on? I'm kinda at a loss for posting an update, because no one has really taken any actions.

Possible actions at this point.

1) Seems to be that Raina needs a computer and some astronomy references books/software to determine a date on the caves system's age.

2) Carter needs some lab equipment to test the light fixtures or you guys need to take one to a lab somewhere.

3) No one has initiated any investigations outside the current setting.

I'm good with letting you guys continue to chat, but time is about to progress unless you guys want to take any of the actions listed above or anything else. Though you guys brought some food with you, this many novas have quite an appetite.

Also, unless he returns I will begin running Jimmy's character Morgan (with a little bit of a re-write of his abilities) as an NPC since he hasn't been heard from in 3 weeks, it will also help move along the plot.

So I'll give you guys till Monday evening and if I haven't heard anything I'll post a big update then.

Any questions or thoughts?

Sorry to see you go Raina.

We have at least 3 people that seem committed to posting regularly, I am good with proceeding with the game having only 3 if you guys want. I would welcome other players if you guys know of anyone that wants to join. I will run an NPC to help fill things out until we get some more folks.

If you guys decide you'd rather not continue I can deal with that too. I would like to see anyone that is in the game try to post at least once a day though so things don't slow down(weekends excepted).

I’ll give everyone 5 xp so far. You may spend the xp now or save it up.

This isn’t really the place I’d planned to end this chapter, but with a couple folks leaving I’ve decided to go ahead and award some xp now, and move the plot along a little.

I am making some assumptions on what people are going to be doing here and will be splitting the party up temporarily as you gather supplies and such. I hope you don't mind if I 'assume' what your character is doing, but since I didn't get too much specific input this is what I figured everyone would do.

Since Omar has 5 resources, I had him hire security for his own home. Also, he sent his dependent to Kurdistan to protect him. I hope these are viable options. I already had Omar pick up food and cash. Because Omar has cash, his movements will be more difficult to follow, so warping anywhere for more foodstuffs will be easy, and untraceable.

I was thinking of giving Omar a few extra arms, but after reflection, I decided to save the XP for something else.

I was figuring that since the others didn't really take food that you probalby shared your food with them earlier, using up most of what you took along. This trip is a serious shopping trip to stock up for a few days or even weeks, depending on what you want. Sending your dependant to Kurdistan for safty is fine.

Omar you have no problem setting up security for your place. They take one look at the condition of your place and decide to send out some of their biggest best armed guys.

The warp to Houston was to Isabel and Estaban's apartment. Their apartment was the one you saw ransacked. Everyone else's but yours was also ransacked which they discover once they return to their homes. Morgan's was not ransacked either, but he doesn't know that since he is back at the cave (he's got cipher so they don't know about him).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, guys, there are several hints/leads out there, but no one has said they are doing anything about them. I can't post an update if no one takes action.

Possible leads

Investigate other caves systems

Set up trap for bad guys claiming to have more technology

Investigate the explosion at the lab

and possibily others that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

You guys need to post saying what leads you are actually pursuing and how you are going about it so I can update.

Keep in mind that I'm not the kind of ST that forces people along a predefined path. I tend to go with what the players choose to do and use that to get the plot to where it needs to be. But if you don't do anything, I can't get you to where you need to be.

If the others can't find a hacker or clarivoyant, Omar will use his considerable resources to contract NovaCom to get the information. Information wanted: educational backgrounds, known associations, business contacts, and any correspondences between them.

Sad news. Estaban will no longer be an active player. He will be missed. That leaves us with 3 regular posters and one semi-regular. That's certainly enough to warrant continuing the game, heck I'd continue it even if we only had 2 regulars.

However, I'd really love to fill out our ranks a bit more. I'll post on the site asking for more players, but if you guys know of anyone that would like to join please send em our way. I could handle as many as 8 regulars without difficulty.

Also, we are about to start a new chapter and award exp for this one. So now would be a great time if someone wanted to join the game.

I'm not sure if he can run and alter his size, because it says N/A for Multiple Actions with Growth, and not yes or no.

Also, he has Irresistable Force. Omar will expend an additional point of quantum for a +2 to the opponents difficulty to resist knockdown.

Carter - techie and goto info guy. (Some mega-int)

Marcus - Body morph (electricity), Elemental Mastry (Electricity), former pro-golfer.

Omar - Sizemorph, big former olympic wrestler.

Isabel - Invisibility, Elemental mastry (Light), artist supreme.

Morgan - (NPC) Warp, Healing, former military, retired.

Currently we have no one with mental powers at all. Pretty much, the only thing we don't need is a fighter oriented character. Anything else is welcome.

Anyone is welcome to PM with if interested in playing.

You can basically give me two actions to take. You had the highest initative so go ahead and take one action at the end of round two and the first action of Round 3.

Hmm... I'll have to check the rules to see how that works, and whether you can't do multiple globes at one time. If not then I'll assume you attempt to do one guy then another, since you have two actions back to back.

Archived