Opening of Club Babylon

Velvet

Vv will be posting an open invite on the OpNet, and setting down a few ground rules IC. They'll be a bit different from the OOC ones, so if you'd like to be involved, please keep the following in mind, from player to player:

* I'm not expecting this to be a "combat" fiction, so I'm not requiring character sheets. Those who interact with you may, depending on the situation. If you think this will be an issue, please speak with them privately.

* Baselines, unless cleared with Vv beforehand IC, will not be allowed in on opening night. Period. The invite is on the boards, and baselines can't read the forums. Certain exceptions will be made for specific guests accompanying novas, such as Vixen's husband, so if you need this sort of clearance, get in touch with Vv.

* If your character causes an IC problem, such as starting a fight, bringing in drugs, sex in public, etc., they will be asked IC to leave by security staff. Obviously, I'm not going to force someone -not- to roleplay their character, but please understand that if you choose to perform these or similar acts, you are effectively suspending your right to claim "non-consent" for that specific incident. What that means is that (for example) if your character is a Mega-Social bastard and gets a woman at the club to perform sexual acts publicly, security will ask them both to leave. That's your character's chance to suck it up and walk away. If he chooses not to for whatever reason, you cannot hide behind consent and flaunt the club's rules. He will be removed, forcibly if necessary, and appropriate legal action will be taken IC. It's harsh, and I hope the situation doesn't arise, but you've been forewarned. If you can do it and not get caught, more power to you, but the act itself still carries the aforementioned understanding when/if you are found out.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask! wink

Curiosity is tickling me.

If the character is a mega-social bastard how effective would the club security be in getting him to leave? Not that its intended to disrupt the event, perish the thought, but I am certainly curious as to how deeply that's been thought out. Relinquishing consent has a certain daunting quality however it also serves to underscore a situation wherein character abilities and roleplaying suddenly eclipse any possible player perogative.

There's the standard club security, Revenant, and several members of the WCK. If said bastard needs to be gone, chances are, he'll be gone. Obviously, I can't account for every situation in these guidelines, and any issues that arise will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Oh please don't be overly concerned. It was merely curiosity on my part. Of course the WCK and Revenant would be probably more than prepared to deal with anyone that wanted to play supervillain. My interest was mainly about the mega-social bastard example. That's the one less likely to actually be perceived as a problem until after the fact and the least likely to play comic book villain.

Originally Posted By: Velvet
What that means is that (for example) if your character is a Mega-Social bastard and gets a woman at the club to perform sexual acts publicly, security will ask them both to leave. That's your character's chance to suck it up and walk away. If he chooses not to for whatever reason, you cannot hide behind consent and flaunt the club's rules. He will be removed, forcibly if necessary, and appropriate legal action will be taken IC. It's harsh, and I hope the situation doesn't arise, but you've been forewarned. If you can do it and not get caught, more power to you, but the act itself still carries the aforementioned understanding when/if you are found out.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask! wink

Why do I feel this aspect of the warning was writing with me directly in mind?

If the supervillain is currently wanted, -or- is in the process of committing criminal acts which are public knowledge or within the purview of the WCK, -or- is in violation of any city, state, or federal law by being present and/or interacting with a person or persons at the club, the WCK can step in if they're caught on the premises.

Anyone starting trouble or instigating conflict under any other circumstances will be asked, IC, to leave.

Basically, just because you're a vocal Terat or what have you, and you're not on their A-list, they can't just go up and pick a fight... Even if you've been a criminal in the past, but aren't currently wanted for anything. In this case, they can keep an eye on you, but no one should bug you for it. If you're a known criminal/murderer/terrorist/baby-eater etc., and are wanted for committing a crime, it's probably not a good idea to make an appearance.

May I make a suggestion?

Events like this are fun, and it goes without saying that someone may atempt to use one of thier powers, be it a Mega-Social, or +5 Vorpal Armor Piercing Area Effect Quantum Bolt of The Planes.

Perhaps one character wishes to impress another character and activates a Mega-Charisma Enhancement, or Slattern arrives and douses the place in her fuck dust, or whatever it is that makes people get funky.

Please, if you do so, include an explination of it in 'boxed' text at the end of your post, so we all understand what is going on.

Example:

Flavor Text: This is where Velvet is meeting and greeting a few novas, use your imagination.

Power Usage:[in an attempt to impress (character's in question) Velvet has First Impression active at the moment.]

Make sense? I hope. This way if something happens everyone is aware of it without having to try and disect text for what was embellishment and what was actual power activation, it also prevents issues of someone doing something they weren't supposed to, getting caught, and trying to hide behind wordsmithing. You state what you're doing, and if caught, everyone can see it right there in the post.

Please remember, that it's an OOC tool, just because it is in the box for everyoen to read does not mean everyone is aware of it, or even the victim of the effect for that matter.

Role play accordingly, and have fun.

Originally Posted By: The White Rat
If a 'supervillian' does show up, will the WCK be able to start trouble, even if the villian does not plan to cause trouble? If so, could said 'supervillian' teleport inside the club so as to avoid a confrontation outside?

Even bad guys like to party once in a while.

Dude, what is so hard to understand? You're playing a fugitive from the law who has admitted to killing folks on a regular basis.

You don't get to party in public anymore . Deal with the repurcussions of playing your character the way you've played him.

Originally Posted By: Hugin
Dude, what is so hard to understand? You're playing a fugitive from the law who has admitted to killing folks on a regular basis.

You don't get to party in public anymore . Deal with the repurcussions of playing your character the way you've played him.

Thank you. And WORD. wink

Quote:
You're playing a fugitive from the law who has admitted to killing folks on a regular basis.

How do you know he was not suffering from delusions, and only imagined the killings. There is no proof that he killed them, only WCK propaganda. He is innocent until proven guilty.

Originally Posted By: Gregory
Quote:
You're playing a fugitive from the law who has admitted to killing folks on a regular basis.

How do you know he was not suffering from delusions, and only imagined the killings. There is no proof that he killed them, only WCK propaganda. He is innocent until proven guilty.

Oh fucking please. At the very minimum he'd be wanted for questioning. And there is no way that the Directive isn't aware of his less than savory activities. The writing shows him to be a full blown maniac, hardly the type to cover his tracks accurately.

It might be a good idea for people to start breaking off into their own "offshoot" fictions at some point, much as has been done in previous "party" fics, or we'll all be overwhelmed by sheer post volume.

And for those who want a point of reference, here are some rough plans of Club Babylon. They're not complete, and will be updated in the future, but hopefully it'll help those involved in the fiction orient themselves.

Basic-Floorplan-CB.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
Revenant: Ptesan-Wi is now entering the club. If you plan to have your "nodeless intruder!" alarm go off, this would be the time. wink

With the mixture of you and Eris arriving at the same time, and her character toppling into PW, I merged my post to include the both of you.

I took some liberties with movement and whatnot I hope you do not mind, I just wanted it to feel like people aren't just standing around waiting for Revenant to stamp thier hand or something.

Also, since Eric is bad luck given flesh, I sorta merged that ill-luck with PWs entrance as well. Again, I hope you don't mind, it just seemed appropriate.

If there are any issues, I'll be more than happy to accomodate any requests for an edit.

For those playing the home game, here's a list of signature drinks at Club Babylon, along with their real-world equivalents. I'll edit as necessary to add new ones/fill in gaps, and probably post a master list in my profile somewhere.

Envy: (Green Poison)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz Green Chartreuse

3 oz Gin

1 splash Lemon juice

Ice

Mixing instructions:

Pour into a shaker and shake well. Serve in a cocktail glass.

Avarice: (Black Gold)

Ingredients:

3/4 oz Jägermeister

3/4 oz Goldschlager

Mixing instructions:

Pour both ingredients in shot glass and enjoy!

Sloth: (Dreamy Winter Delight)

Ingredients:

2 oz Irish cream

6 oz Hot chocolate

Amaretto

Mixing instructions:

Add Irish Cream to the Hot Chocolate and add Amaretto to your taste. Stir.

Pride:

Gluttony:

Lust: (Godiva Chocolate Martini)

Ingredients:

1 ½ shot Godiva liqueur

1 ½ shot crème de Cacao

½ shot Vodka

2 ½ shots Half-and-half

Mixing instructions:

Mix all ingredients in shaker with ice, shake and pour into chilled cocktail glass.

Wrath: (Rocket Fuel)

Ingredients:

1 shot 160 proof Vodka

1 shot Tequila

1 shot White rum

Mixing instructions:

Mix all in whisky sour glass and drink rapidly.

Seven Deadly Sins (Original Sin)

Ingredients:

6 cubes crushed Ice

1/2 shot Triple sec

1 shot plain Brandy

1 shot Cherry Heering

1 splash Sour mix

1 dash Grenadine

Sliced Fruit (orange, lemon and lime)

6 oz Champagne

Mixing instructions:

Add crushed ice to snifter or gobblet. Add Triple Sec, Brandy, Cherry Heering, Grenadine and Sour Mix. Stir contents. Add sliced fruit. Top off glass with Champagne.

Whore of Babylon (Purple Elastic Thunder Fuck)

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Vodka

1/2 oz Crown Royal

1/2 oz Southern Comfort

1/2 oz Amaretto

1/2 oz Chambord raspberry liqueur

Splash Pineapple juice

Splash Cranberry juice

Mixing instructions:

Chill, shake, and strain into shooter glass.

Windy City Knightshift (Rusty Nail)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz Scotch

1/2 oz Drambuie

1 twist of Lemon peel

Mixing instructions:

Pour the Scotch and Drambuie into an old-fashioned glass almost filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with the lemon twist.

Revenant (Graveyard)

Ingredients:

1 or 1/2 pint Triple sec

1 or 1/2 pint Bacardi 151 proof rum

1 or 1/2 pint Vodka

1 or 1/2 pint Gin

1 or 1/2 pint Tequila

1 or 1/2 pint Bourbon

1 or 1/2 pint Scotch

Beer

Stout

Mixing instructions:

Mix the 5 whites and 2 whiskies in a beer mug in equal amounts. Top up the rest of the mug with half beer and half stout.

It might be wise for people to start branching off into their own fictions soon, unless they have good reason to stay in the main flow of things, e.g. waiting in the foyer for Vv, or something similar.

The main thread should probably be considered "Arrivals" more or less, although another idea would be to start threads geared toward particular floors- Main Floor, Lower Level, Upper Level, etc- so that everyone on that floor or in that area can interact.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived