Gaming Discussion - Old

Matt

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sure it is possible for a moderator to be removed from a forum. There aren't a set of guidelines for it, but it is possible. Certain actions, like threatening another player, would require me to remove and ban a mod.

I am not saying that I am going to remove Nova from 200X because I admit that it could be a possibility. I will step in and try to help resolve the issue though.

Originally Posted By: Shae
Chosen, is it possible to remove the initial moderator from a board?

This is in specific reference to the situation in 200X, but also something good to know in general.

Why do so? what is going on that requires new moderation? ARen't things going okay?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Chosen, I was curious of something. When we get a new Forum set up for a game, according to the rules:

The Rules.

We get new sub forums based off the amount of effort we, as writers put into them; which I'm totally cool with.

What I was curious about though was it seems like we seemed to have almost developed a 'standard package' of sub forums that are required. For instance:

Character Profiles

Fictions

My questions is, can we discuss maybe getting these two sub forums as part of opening a new section and add the others per the standard guidelines?

The main reason that I created the rules for the new forums is to stop new games from having the forums. The reason is that it takes me time to set up the forums. And we have had a series of games that people expressed a lot of interest in but then never really participated in. So I created the rules so that my effort must be matched by the players of the game.

I completely understand why you are asking for this, but I want to make sure that the new forums go to games that are being played. To be fair I reduces the number of posts required to get new forums so that people can expand the games quickly.

I am trying to do is convince the developer of the forum software to integrate options so that I can allow forum moderators to create sub forums based off of rules that I can set. I don't know if or when that will happen though.

• 9 months later...

I have updated the rules for the games here. The short of it is that games now need to be staged in the games subforum. The advantage is that now games can be started at any point without needing to wait for me to set up a subforum.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am thinking about ditching the "game" forum app and going back to the old way of doing things where I create forums for people. New games have been pretty sparse since I switched things over and I'm not sure if it is worth the hassle(cost) to keep it if it isn't being utilized. Anyone have an objection?

Some "features" on here cost money. Some are a 1 time fee and others require me to pay something every 6 months, or rather my ability to get updates expires every 6 months. I often let things slide when I can and don't pay the updates. But there are certain features or admin functions that come with new versions of the software that I think will improve things here that I will want to pay to get.

One example is the editor that you use to type in new content. It gets updated and bugs get fixed with each version. If I upgrade to the latest version in order to try to fix a bug with the editor I then have to upgrade everything else on the site.

Thanks, but I don't really need any money for the site. I can afford to pay for the stuff right now. But ultimately it is a never ending cycle and if something doesn't actually provide any value to the site I'm just not sure if it is worth the hassle.

If people see value in it then I'll keep using it.

• Matt changed the title to Gaming Discussion - Old
  • Matt unpinned this topic

Archived