Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Aberrants will be bombed. (multiple action; open Warp, then Q-Bolt)

If we are talking about flying abbies, that sounds pretty hard given how slow warp is. If you don't mind my asking, what's the range on your Q-Bolt, and shouldn't you be just using it directly?

If I see them from a kilometer off, I can't directly Q-Bolt them, but I can probably open a warp far enough above them to give myself an even chance to hit. My Q-Bolt has a range of (I think) 95 meters (Q+PR)x15m right? The downside is that it's Explosive Q-Bolt, so waiting until they are in range means potential Party Kills.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregory:
Unfortunately, Adam, Warp cannot be used in a multiple action.
I thought that it meant you couldn't do multiple Warps in a single turn, not that you could not take other actions in the same turn that you open a Warp.

Let's look at the math:

Assuming your Q+L is 6, you have a range of 90 meters. The explosive range is (15+4)x3m or a 57m radius. For god's sake overshoot them and don't undershoot.

Basic flight is 44m per action (suite powered movement is half that).

The good news is q-bolt is an instant attack and you have a lot of room to "miss" and still hit pretty hard. The bad news is Warp can't be part of a multiple action and it takes a full action to open, two full actions if you want to talk about kilometers.

So let's say you see an abby from 1 kilometer away. You spend a round and open up a combat warp (100m per succ with [Q] auto succ) is at least 600 and probably 700 meters out.

So lots of time. Open the gate 700 m out and they can move at most 90 or so meters closer to you, meaning you can hit them square on the nogin with your q-bolt and then close the gate without an issue. You even have some time to get a closer look at the target, sounds like this works pretty well assuming fairly long ranges.

Because I’ve gotten some PM’s on this subject and it might come up again, I thought I'd post the following.

The Psychic Link power is posted with the errata, here: http://www.nprime.net/downloads/errata.pdf

As Courier is the one with the link, those of you who have mentally talked to him may be aware that although he has an agile mind, he is not a deep thinker even by baseline standards. Where this is likely to cause issues is in relaying complicated technical ideas (etc) to other people. Forwarding messages he doesn’t understand is likely impossible.

Well, He may know what this thing is, and it might even be something like an unexploded nuke. It's easier to start a fight than to stop one. Since several of us have been refered to as non-combat types, this may imply social skills.

Granted, killing aberrants on sight seems like a good idea, but he's been described as a nova so let's give talk a try.

Doctor Bradford would any of us know this particular nova? His taint seems rather memorable. If he is from Newborough, then maybe one of us local boys know him.

Also, that PM I sent you about that Gadget I was considering... I might be having second thoughts. I'm thinking about something a little more beneficial to the world at large... or so Jimmy thinks. :P

In case I confused anyone, I changed my display name to match my characters name to make things easier.

This is my first time playing a mega-brains nova. I find it kind of funny that everytime I want Jimmy to talk about some aspect of engineering, I want to look it up so he sounds correct. I did that for his description of "jeep" to Gregory. If I make some wildly incorrect assumptions about some piece of technology, please correct me. Unlike Jimmy Boothe, I am neither endowed with super smarts nor am I an engineer smile

"If he tells them to do something, they'll seriously consider it."

Make a Charisma roll. A success means the crowd or person "will do anything the Nova says, so long as they would be at least inclined to perform the action in question."

"If the Nova scores more than one success, he may be able to persuade the person or crowd to do things it wouldn't normally want to do -Start a riot, for example. However, the targets get to make Willpower rolls to resist Natural Agitator; every success rolled cancels one of the nova's success."

OK update it out.

Buzz, your roll for Nat Ag. came back as a botch a one on your standard charisma and another on mega-Cha. I've got to look over the rules so expect a PM tonight regarding the consequences of said botch. - Sorry

As of yet is has not actually teleported, but he is in process.

OK real quick before I go to work. When Buzz says "Now wait just a goddamned minute!" he uses Disrupt on the Nova to stop him from Teleporting it.

When he says 'I don't think so" he begins using the enhancemnt Commanding Presence. And will spend a Willpower on both actions.

Raider has come to a few conclusions. Opening the link he sends...

I think you mean "through the link he sends".

Raider can't actually open the link. He can accept the link, he can send stuff through it, he can choose to not send stuff through it, he can close the link (and refuse to allow it to be established), but he can't set up the link himself.

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzkill:
OK real quick before I go to work. When Buzz says "Now wait just a goddamned minute!" he uses Disrupt on the Nova to stop him from Teleporting it.

When he says 'I don't think so" he begins using the enhancemnt Commanding Presence. And will spend a Willpower on both actions.
I suspect you'll be disrupting a gadget. I'm not sure if that's easier or harder to do than on a nova, one would think it easier but I'm not sure and the books are at home.

Archived