I have been trying to think up a level 4 version of Matter Creation, but other than just making it do more (which adding Mastery to it would do) I can't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas for this, something obviously not up there with creation Ex Nilo, but with less limits and such than Matter Creation. Something that if you wanted you could with enough successes create something huge, like an aircraft carrier, or a mid size space station. ANyone have any ideas?

We don't have a group with that level of power yet, but within the next two months some of the character have a good possibility to reach Quantum 6. Also the reason I find that Mastery won't work is because the things you can make cannot have more health levels or soak than your Quantum + Power rating, even with mastery you can't have more than double that.

Well, it's more that I can't see something as large as a mid sized space station, something the size of a battleship or anything else only having 22 health levels. It's more that I feel that nothing that size could be made with mastery. I don't really care about it's health levels or soak actually, but I am using those maximums as a sort of guideline to what can be made. I also feel that a power that would bridge the gap between matter creation and Creation Ex Nilo could exist, I'm just trying to get ideas for it right now.

I think every succ doubles the size of what you can create (book not here).

This is a Wits roll (for raw amounts ) or an Int roll (for complex stuff).

Let's assume you normally get 5 succ. Making a vehicle is (I assume) +2 diff, and after that you have issues with it's size.

If 3 succ let you build a car (so 5 succ total were needed), then 5 more succ (from Mastery) would increase the size of the vehicle by x32.

I'm pretty sure a Battleship is a lot larger than x32 times a car... but if our nova rolled well (7 succ), then he'd have x512 times a car... maybe enough.

Let's assume it is. Assuming he has three dots in MC, and a Q of 6, then the ship would have a soak of 18 (which is really impressive). It would also have 18 health levels (ditto).

it's more that I can't see ...something the size of a battleship or anything else only having 22 health levels

Live with it. After taking 18 health levels the boat is disfunctional. Maybe that means it starts to sink, maybe that means it just sits there.

Or maybe it just means there is a big hole in it and the rest of the ship is still functional.

To be honest, considering the amount of effort it would take to do 18 health levels on something that has a soak of 18 I don't see a problem with it blowing up. We are talking repeated bombardment with heavy weapons.

Also, there is no reason the space station shouldn't take multiple efforts to create. The soak remains the same, and each "section" of the Space Station has up to 24 health levels and is 512 times the size of a good size car. Ten, or so, sections is pretty big. Up to two days of serious effort isn't too much to ask, is it?