The rules are a bit unclear for this but I don't think so.

Quick doesn't really give you "full" actions (see also Temporal Manipulation) because you can't use them for just anything.

Further, if you can split them, Quick in combination with extra limbs or Multitasking gets really insane really quickly. If Totentanz had Multitasking he could have over a hundred actions and still be rolling 5 mega-dice... all for only 5 juice. More "normal" characters could easily have over 20 actions a round.

The way I would do it is...

How many actions you going to take? 4? And you have Quick? So that's one action split three ways and Quick gives you one "free" action on top of that.

Short Answer: Yes. Each action can use the Multi-Action Rules.

Quickness gives the user an extra physical action, meaning (I think) that you can use if for movement, physical attacks, dodge, awareness checks, social rolls, and other physical actions (firing a weapon, disarming bombs, fixing a device - just to name a few).

The penalty is that you pay 1q and each action comes at -2 Initiative. In theory, you could not take an action at an initiative of less than 1. Also, using the MultiTasking Enhancement would only apply to the first action, not all of them. Since these extra physical actions can't be Quantum actions, so you couldn't Teleport, or Q-Bolt someone after your first action.

So you burn through your quantum pool pretty quickly and are limited to physical actions. Personally, I use the extra action for a dodge action (which doesn't suffer the normal multi-action penalties), or an Awareness check while "holding" your primary action.

As a House Rule, we limited the number of Quickness and Enhanced Initiative Enhancements to your Mega-Dex levels.

My Interpretation of the rules is as follows:

* Quickness allows an additional "physical turn". It's capable of doing all the normal things a normal action can do, except for any Quantum Point powered actions. Spending points for Quickness turns itself costs no actions.

* Multi-tasking partially negates multiple-action penalties for one given turn, and costs 1 quantum per turn applied. There is nothing in the rules which implies that this cost cannot be paid multiple times in one round for multiple turns (although it does imply it can only be spent once for a given turn).

Both of these can be activated, however since each of them has a "per use" cost, spending it in this way gets expensive quick. It effectively costs 2(n-1) + 1 Quantum per round at a maximum, where n = number of "full actions" in a round. As an example, with Quickness x 3, and Multitasking applied to all turns, you're burning 7QP per action. It's insane, but ultimately unsustainable.

Also, since it's not possible to spend the Quickness turns on anything that requires Quantum to be spent (like, say, Quantum Bolt), the amount of damage is reasonably small, and mostly in survivable chunks.

As a note, I once designed a character who was optimised for maximum amount of actions per turn. Clone + Quickness + Multi-tasking + Node 5 allowed her a staggering amount of actions per turn, with the unfortunate issue that she could only do it for one round...

As for the original question, it's a tad unclear, so I'll give several answers:

* No, you may not substitute Quickness actions for additional Multiple Actions, though I don't know why you would.

* Yes, you may use a Quickness action to perform Multiple Actions

* No, you cannot use an additional Quickness turn to negate the Multiple Action penalties from another Quickness turn, a la Multi-tasking.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Craft:
"... the amount of damage is reasonably small, and mostly in survivable chunks."

Unless the person in question has M-Strength.
Mega-Strength is already a major exception anyway to anything effecting close-combat. Doesn't mean you're any less correct, of course, but Quickness would already provide you with extra attempts to beat up someone, and if you're spending the quantum and the NPs to do this sort of thing, I would assume that's the given intent.

Besides, flurries of Mega-Strong blows is almost in-genre in some cases...

Quote:
Both of these can be activated, however since each of them has a "per use" cost, spending it in this way gets expensive quick. It effectively costs 2(n-1) + 1 Quantum per round at a maximum, where n = number of "full actions" in a round. As an example, with Quickness x 3, and Multitasking applied to all turns, you're burning 7QP per action. It's insane, but ultimately unsustainable.
And it’s broken. I drop 7q, split every turn six ways, and make twenty-four attacks (at -3 -3 -4 -4 -5 -5).

Without Multitasking I could spend 3 juice and make twelve attacks (at -3 -4 -5).

Better still, both of those calculations assume I don’t have Mega-Dex and only spent that one nova point for a 5 in Brawl or Martial Arts. If I actually have M-Dex then it gets MUCH worse… although it’s already bad enough.

I think Quick is supposed to give one extra action, not double the number of actions you have. One extra action is already really strong, especially linked with movement. Combat in abby is already very quick and brutal (like 1 to 3 rounds). “Unsustainable” won’t really matter if combat is over by round 2.