[Fiction] Endeavor: From the Pain Realizations and a Solution

David 'Dr. Troll' Smith

Endeavor glanced at her, now whole, reflection in the mirror and reflected.

*A lunatic nova nearly killed me (again).*

*He was stronger than me (again).*

*I (again) owe my survival to friends / law enforcement / outside forces.*

*I'm done healing now, but this one was close… very close. Closer than the other times.*

*And how many times was this? It didn’t matter. I should have learned my lesson after the first time, or at least the second.*

*Accept what you can’t change. I’m a magnet for the mad. I’ve already tried increasing my power, but there will always be someone more powerful. I’ve tried inventing body armor, but that wasn’t grand enough. Not big enough. If it wouldn’t deal with the previous situation then it will NOT be enough for the next time.*

*So I learn from this, accept the truth, AND I BUILD SOMETHING STRONG ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THE NEXT SITUATION WITHOUT NEARLY GETTING KILLED!!*

Eyes flashing, Endeavor looked away from the mirror and back to the paper covered table.

*Breathing hard. Calm down. It’s over for now. Not really in danger, done healing so no pain.*

Endeavor walked over to the table and picked up the first drawing. More of a draft really. Free hand, missing most of the later specifications. It could be the picture of a child’s toy.

*This will do the job. The answer seems so obvious now. My mind is my weapon, technology my real power.*

*It will cost a fortune to build, but I have that. It will take time, but I have that too right now.*

*The next lunatic that targets me will have to deal with my 80 foot tall robot as well. The only question is whether I should give it the ability to transform into something less obvious as well? A boat perhaps or large truck?*

Archived