[OpNet] I'm Not A !@#$-ing Angel!

Ghostwriter

I'm starting to become a little more sociable these days, travelling around the Caribbean and that, and have become aware of an annoying trend amongst some folk.

Believe it or not, I actually have fans out there from my Utopia and T2M days. Someone in my fan-club decided to declare me as the Angel of Knowledge and attach my last T2M promo pic to a Christian prayer.

GAH! I'm a Wiccan nova, not a frickin' angel!

He agreed to remove the piccie and the prayer after I had a little word to him.

That was the easily remedied one. Wherever I go now, half the population treats me like I'm an angel come to Earth just because I'm a nova with wings. Hell, I had a few claim Utopia was the spawn of Satan for forcing me out!

Seriously though, I'm not a frickin' angel nor a Christian. I'm flattered, in an egotistical kind of way, but I'd prefer it if my fans got over the wings and realise that I am now a woman who prefers medium rare meat, sprouts claws and has a nasty temper.

Don't worry. I'm still everyone's favourite bookworm underneath. wink

Not enough people reading the Old Testement and (even better) the early Zorastrian texts.

Angels are things you fear. They work for the G-O-D and their appearence means something bad is about to happen to someone.

My fav from the New Testement is right at the start.

The shepards in the fields see Angels and think,

'This is it for us. We're toast!'

And the Angels have to say (to stop them from wailing/fleeing for their lives),

"Be not afraid."

You would think the Judeo-Christian world would actually listen to the stories handed down by those who brought these creatures into our mythology.

Touched by an Angel?

Go tell it to the Egyptian First Born.

It's Kabbalah crap, Saimhe. Hard to believe some people still buy into that. I did a little searching and came up with this.

"The eleventh Sephirah is Da'at (Knowledge), whose angel is shrouded, whose nova is Codex, that wrings truth from madness.

Called the false Sephirah, Da'at is not an "independent" emanation like the others; it depends on Chokmah and Binah, and although follows Binah in the order of emanations, it is assigned the number 11. Da'at can be considered as the image of Tiphareth. Da'at is the child in the womb of the Universal Mother Binah, while Tiphareth is that child born and growned up."

I know you could look this up on your own but since I already did... Chokmah, also called Hokmah is the Sephiroth of Wisdom, whose angel is Raziel, whose nova is Sophia Rousseau, the fugitive queen. Binah is the Sephiroth of Understanding, whose angel is Tzaphquiel, whose nova is Amanda Wu, the knowing one. Tiphareth is the Sephiroth of Beauty, whose angel is Mikhael, whose nova is Alejandra, the singing one.

They had an interesting piccie of you with wings spread and soaring through a thundercloud. Pretty obvious photomanipulation but really nice composition. I was thinking of fixing it for them.

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarot:
It's Kabbalah crap, Saimhe. Hard to believe some people still buy into that. I did a little searching and came up with this.

"The eleventh Sephirah is Da'at (Knowledge), whose angel is shrouded, whose nova is Codex, that wrings truth from madness.

Called the false Sephirah, Da'at is not an "independent" emanation like the others; it depends on Chokmah and Binah, and although follows Binah in the order of emanations, it is assigned the number 11. Da'at can be considered as the image of Tiphareth. Da'at is the child in the womb of the Universal Mother Binah, while Tiphareth is that child born and growned up."

I know you could look this up on your own but since I already did... Chokmah, also called Hokmah is the Sephiroth of Wisdom, whose angel is Raziel, whose nova is Sophia Rousseau, the fugitive queen. Binah is the Sephiroth of Understanding, whose angel is Tzaphquiel, whose nova is Amanda Wu, the knowing one. Tiphareth is the Sephiroth of Beauty, whose angel is Mikhael, whose nova is Alejandra, the singing one.

They had an interesting piccie of you with wings spread and soaring through a thundercloud. Pretty obvious photomanipulation but really nice composition. I was thinking of fixing it for them.
wink
How fascinating! By any chance was I included in this list, Tarot?

No but I don't know who's making the choices either. It might be the rabbinical council. I could probably find out if you were really interested. The novas associated with independent emanations (in the order of ranks) are;

Kubernetes

Sophia Rousseau

Amanda Wu

Harmony

Geryon

Alejandra

Ironskin Andy Vance

Caestus Pax

Antaeus

Slider

And Codex/Saimhe being associated with the eleventh dependent emanation like I said.

Jesus, I frickin' well remember this now. A bunch of Kabbalistic Rabbis got together and wrote it up after inhaling too much ceremonial incense.

No blasphemy was meant, Tarot. I just get sick of being associated with Judeo-Christian-Islamic myths.

I identify more with the winged Egyptian goddess Ma'at, she who is truth, than some freakin' angel.

Hell, you can call me a Harpy if you want.

Just don't call me an angel!

Its not my doing Saimhe and I can understand you being upset over it.

Your fan probably saw the opsite or read one of the article but didn't actually understand it. They're not calling you an angel. In Kabbalah there are these emanation, each of which represent a distinct aspect of the mind of the most high. There is an angel whose personality is primarily influenced by a distinct emantion. Novas although born human have a purer feel for the emanation than humans normally do so there has to be some nova that embodies an emanation more than the others.

So they're not calling you an angel. They're just saying the most high gave you a piece of his mind.

wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Regan 'Saimhe' McLachlan:
Jesus, I frickin' well remember this now. A bunch of Kabbalistic Rabbis got together and wrote it up after inhaling too much ceremonial incense.

No blasphemy was meant, Tarot. I just get sick of being associated with Judeo-Christian-Islamic myths.

I identify more with the winged Egyptian goddess Ma'at, she who is truth, than some freakin' angel.

Hell, you can call me a Harpy if you want.

Just don't call me an angel!
If it makes you feel better, there are reports of winged spirits outside of the Middle-Eastern faiths. Although you do not act like one, you could be confused for a Tengu. A trickster spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived