[OpNet] Finally Calm

Ghostwriter

Well, everyone, my tests are finally over and done with and we've figured out what happened to me at the Pow-Wow. Simply put, I suffered from quantum backlash that has given me the equivalent of bipolar disorder, but more prone to the mood-swings than the depression. They tell me that unless I take a mixture of mox and valium, I will be prone to my moods shifting radically from moment to moment, making me unable to concentrate on my work or anything else for that matter.

So that's why I've been calm these past couple days.

Drugging as a mood regulator? Great. Good to see the Project is keeping up the innovation.

If you want a little help with that, I know or know of a few people who could stabilize you temporarily either through telepathic contact or quantum manipulation. (If you want some names, PM me.) Hell, if I pushed it, I could probably enforce order on you for a little while through some of the more esoteric applications of controlled chaos and quantum sensitivity.

In the long term ... this kind of thing isn't wholly unique. Past cases have indicated that it is possible to teach yourself a resistance. I'd have mentioned this to Totem earlier, but this kind of thing usually requires some degree of enhanced mental faculties (sorry man, but Regan fits that model more than yourself).

I haven't had the need for this myself, but in my case studies I've heard it described alternately as 'attaining a greater understanding of oneself' and 'rerouting thought patterns around flaws in the mind.' I suspect that it may be a fairly individual process, though - might want to touch up on your meditative techniques.

Archived