[OpNet] "AAARGH! THERE'S FEATHERS IN MY SOUP!"

Ghostwriter

Last night I decided to start eating with the rest of T2M Central again after the events of the Pow-Wow. Boy, wasn't that an interesting experience?

I was offered everything from budgie-seed bread and raw veggies to steak that was still mooing. Trying to explain to the cooks that just because I have wings and claws doesn't mean I'm either a vegetarian or a carnivore is a new exercise in frustration. And then, because I'm always losing a few pin-feathers, out came Skew's complaint: "What the @#$%! I've got feathers in my soup!"

"Sorry," I self-consciously muttered, grabbing a plate of food at random and retreating to the furthest corner of the dining room. On the way, I knocked a bowl of soup into Pax's lap with one wing, managed to upset Psyche's salad with the other and tripped over It. I was either the biggest disaster to hit Team Tomorrow Central's dinner-time since Skew managed to snort breakfast cereal through his nose during a replay of the '11 Superbowl (Julie told me about that one) or the funniest thing to happen since Andre Corbin threw a bowl of trifle into a ceiling fan going full-speed. (I was actually there for that one. When we all got over being drenched with custard and fruit soaked in brandy, the look on Pax's face was a classic.)

Of course, it depends on who you were talking to. Pax was pissed, Director Laragione was pissing himself laughing and It just looked confused.

All I can say was thank God Singularity wasn't there, or I'd've died of embarrassment. :P

You should start preening. Having a beak makes it easier to do of course but I am sure you can figure out a way to do it. Basically when you preen you just run through your feathers pulling the loose and unsightly feathers out as you go. It actually feels very good to do and it will keep you from losing feathers during your day. I also suggest you might want to take some Cod liver oil and Vitamen E supplements. It helps keep the coat and feathers glossy.

My god, am I this vain..... I'm gonna go roll around in some mud for awhile.

Mr. Meehan is not a wanted criminal, nor is sitting for a protrait an illegal activity. What sort of wonderful society tells us to who we can and who we cannot associate? Political expediency cannot apply to every aspect of your life and I know someone who could bring down a nigh-holy wrath against those who would infringe on your personal autonomy. There is nothing wrong if you do not want to sit for the portait, but do not let Pax bully you around.

Granted, our employers may find a few unpleasent assignments for you afterwards. But rest assured my own instigating words here will most likely land me next to you in it, so at least you will have company.

Archived