[OpNet] Transformations

Ghostwriter

Well, I'm sure most of you by now have heard about my recent sprouting of feathers at Totem's Pow-Wow. It's the consequence of me acting without thinking in the first instance, then acting to help deal with the mess in the first place.

I'm currently molting. Dear Lord and Lady, I won't need quills for a year! The feathers that are growing back are stronger. Thankfully, they don't change colours like Totem's, but remain a mottled golden-brown. I don't need to look like a medieval manuscript any more than I already do.

On the downside, my tattoo's been covered up. AAAARGH! I'll either have to give up on my tree of knowledge or get it tattooed on my front. *sigh* I'm also having trouble fitting into enclosed spaces, and have had to rearrange both my rooms and my library.

I'm sure you have better things to do, but feel free to leave commiserations, congratulations or complaints as you see fit.

Codex

I'm honestly rather interested. Would you mind if I dropped by Central sometime to check you over, out of scientific interest? I got a good look back at the pow-wow, but your signature was still pretty beaten up - I'd be interested to see how it has harmonized with the new features since then.

'Course, I'd understand if you don't want to become the latest specimen (particularly since I imagine the Project put you through a nice battery of tests already). Still, I wouldn't be needing to poke, prod, or put you through various forms of electromagnetic bombardment - my own two eyes are quite sufficient.

I sympathize with both of you regarding the tests. But I must say I think I can trump both of you with my stories of yearly checkups to track my increasing invulnerability. Just because I do not get wounded, it does not mean I cannot feel the impacts. Or explosions. Or drills. Or arcwelders.

But the wings look good, Regan. You wear them well.

Archived