Aberrant RPG - Damage, Health Levels and Death.

Wakinyan

After a rousing discussion with Prodigy and Bandwidth tonight I wanted to gather more opinions on our discussion.

The set amount of health levels for a human being 8 is Bruised, Hurt, Injured, Wounded, Maimed, Crippled, Incapacitated and finally Dead. Of course with novas variation with this occur from Mega Staminia and Body Modification but the same basic chart remains.

The question is this. Can someone go beyond this? Dead is dead after all but is it relevant if a body continues to take damage past the point of death?

If someone takes 30 points of damage and has 8 health levels of course they are going to die but what happens to the other 22 points? Is the body annihilated? Does the rule of resuscitation still apply? How do each of you deal with this in games you play or have played in? Has it ever come up?

I don't GM Aberrant as much as I used to but when I was a player, Billy I took a horrible amount of damage and took 7 boxes of damage more than I could (which was something like 16 boxes of damage at the time). I'm pretty sure we used the resuscitation rules with a modifier depending on how much "extra" damage was taken.

When I run I use the Shadowrun overflow damage idea...You can still be brought back as long as the extra damage isn't more than your Body (I mean Stamina). If you take more extra damage than your Stamina+M.Stamina rating (M.STamina counts as 2 each) then your body becomes annihilated or, well, a unfortunate shape of meat.

Edit: Yep, we deny the "instant death" that happens when you run out of boxes mainly because no one's comfortable playing in a game where someone can just randomly do 25 boxes of damage easily if he creates his character right (or wrong).