[OpNet] 12-9-2015: (PUB) What the hell?

Sakurako Hino

Right now I'm recording this entry from a wireless port at a 24 hour cafe. Some... I really can't say anything but my house burnt down... every last bit of it. I had NOTHING in there that could have caused it. NOTHING at all.

The building is a husk of it's former self. I guess the gas lines had some flaw or something...

Son of a... It collapsed.

How could a building made for withstanding EARTHQUAKES collapse like this...

Oh good the fire inspector is coming over, I gotta go...

Oh god.... No... not her please....

Addendum

My cat... She's dead.

Here is the kicker. She died BEFORE the fire. The neck is broke.

Why....

What sort of cold-hearted bastard would do such a thing?

Now what am I going to do? sigh

Poor little thing... barely a year old...

I have no enemies right now, and none of my rivals would stoop THIS low. Dammit, I should have had security put in first before even moving in!!!

How could I have let this occur?

Well, there is a little.

1: The criminal used an accellerant as the medium for the fire. It burned at such a high temperature that the framework of the building was comprimised.

2: The person left my dead cat a bit away from the fire. Enough for it not to be burned. The psycho firebug wanted me to know someone did it.

Since this doesn't follow ANY MO that some people within the Tokyo PD have been keeping files on, and I've even gone so far as to ask for records from Nippontai... I'm stumped. Crime Scene Investigation is not my specialty. I can glean a couple things, but it's not my field. Neither is psychology.

I can tell you what the accellerant was, and how many vertebrae were snapped, and what sort of twist was used to snap the neck, but nothing as to who the Perpetrator was. Whatever data on that exists, it's on an Investigator's file somewhere. Not with me as I figure out a way to bust him or her.

Quote:
Originally posted by Conduit:
I'll need a ride out there though...I really should learn to teleport frown
It's call an airplane, kid. Sure, you might have to pay more or try to book something on freight, but it works.

There's more to this than followin' patterns, Pinkie. 'sides, investigations take a little bit of time to really get goin'... wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako Endeavor Hino:
Crime Scene Investigation is not my specialty. I can glean a couple things, but it's not my field. Neither is psychology.
I'm living in Yoyogi-Uehara. CSI and criminal psychology are something I'm familiar with. You'd have to get the local PD to look the other way first though. They get touchy about gainjin - especially novajin - mucking around when it involves citizens.

No guarantees but if this is all the cops could come up with, I'm pretty certain they've missed something.

Guys, guys I don't want to lecture you, your hearts are in the right place, but I cannot call the dogs out on this. If you want to help me once I set up a new place to live, that's fine. But I DO NOT wish to be associated with any violence.

Tommy, you're right in this matter. Thing is, outside of this even Tokyo's finest are stumped. They even went as high as Nippontai on this and they're drawing a big old blank.

I'll state again, no MO, no obvious suspects, and teneous evidence equal a long time in the cold case box in a few years.

Quite frankly, with no other evidence than what I have mentioned... It would take an admission.

Something too many anti-nova and nova-obsessed groups have done. 7 different known organizations have claimed responsibility, yet none are suspects.

Hell, I've had to retain a lawyer, since there is one guy who thinks I did it.

Look at the evidence. Someone had knowledge of chemicals, and how to spark it without leaving behind traces that could be analysed for who could have formulated it.

Thank god I didn't have an insurance policy or I'd be a bigger suspect...

Hmm, no wonder they're harassing those shopkeepers I let use a floor for storage. Their stuff WAS insured...

I'll see if anything pans out, but if it looks in any way like they were responsible and killed my cat to make it look random... there WILL be a reckoning.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Grey:
It's call an airplane, kid. Sure, you might have to pay more or try to book something on freight, but it works.
Yeah, that whole paying thing, that's the problem. I could get out there on my own, but it would take a while. Maybe I could convince a ship going to Japan to hire me as a heavy lifter.

In any event, I'll be ready to head out when ever, or if, you need it E.

Tell you what. The company would be nice.

Give me a week. I just need to... Clear the head a bit.

If needed, I'll even send airplane tickets. I don't have a new private jet yet. That'll have to wait untill I can get the company's finances to a level where I can splurge past employee benefits and wages.

Quote:
Thing is, outside of this even Tokyo's finest are stumped.
They missed something and when there's novas involved there's no shame in that. Now its just a question of what they missed.

I'm not offering to be an enforcer or promising prosecution. I'm not a lawyer, don't have a badge and wouldn't own a gun even if the law of the land allowed me to which it doesn't. But if you want to take a chance on finding out more than you know I'd be willing to check out the scene. If I could track the Whisper after eighty years, I can find something on this. Not sure what but there's a trace. There's always a trace.

I don't want to intrude, but agree with Tommy Micro (it seems we share a few things in common). Everybody leaves something behind, it's just a matter of finding what's left.

First thing first though, you need to get back into your comfort zone. After that, if you or anybody would like assistance with the investigation, my services are available.

On a side note, I've recently been thinking about you Endeavor. I was remembering when you posted on the OpNet that you had done some dating through bone analysis to solve an age question. I believe there is another option you could try, if you haven't already. I'd be willing to discuss it with you on a later date if you would like. It would require some more bone, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to try it out.

The fragment used was no more than a recoverible sliver. If I remember correctly, it was off of the tailbone. Not really an important spot.

But I doubt you can find an accurate age off of me anymore anyways. I still pick up by all accepted forms of analysis as a 16 year old.

That is neither here nor there, though. Seems that current matters are grabbing my attention.

I'll find out what lies in the holes in my memory in due time.

As for searching for evidence on the current issue, that is being done. Things like this take more than a few days. They're still sifting through the wreckage.

Found a couple of my special crates survived! Thought I'd use them to house some items I found important, at least to me. All survived within them.

If anyone is wanting to find a disaster-proof container, I think I made them! I could use the extra padding in the wallet.

But Tommy, if there is anything the Tokyo Police require, or anyone else for that matter, redarding any detective work, I can reccomend you.

Even if it means I hire you as a PI on this. You DO have a PI licence correct?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako Hino:
You DO have a PI licence correct?
Sure. From the state of Nevada. I also have letters of recommendation as a consulting forensics authority from the police commissioner of Chicago, the US Marshals and the VP of security for Kuro Tek. None of which means a lot in Japan on an active felony case unless they invite me in.

As a rule the Tokyo cops don't give out legal or extra-legal powers to foreigners.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Grey:
Awww, I'm hurt, Pinkie; how do you think an nosy fella like me pays the bills?
If it makes you feel better, I'm not really expecting to get paid for this. I just like mysteries. Cold cases, locked rooms, nova stuff... the stranger it is the more fun I have.

Quote:
The fragment used was no more than a recoverible sliver. If I remember correctly, it was off of the tailbone. Not really an important spot.

But I doubt you can find an accurate age off of me anymore anyways. I still pick up by all accepted forms of analysis as a 16 year old.

That is neither here nor there, though. Seems that current matters are grabbing my attention.

I'll find out what lies in the holes in my memory in due time.
Hmm, I still think there are options you could try. Maybe an adapted isotope analysis. I assume you've already had a physical, so that wouldn't help. It's curious though...given that in the Nova Age it's perfectly possible you did go back in time. I guess some questions should go unanswered though. Pardon my ramblings.

Good luck with the rebuilding.

Sakurako, I wasn't offering to clone your pet. I might be able to (I've never tried anything like that, aside from one attempt to 'create' a single cell from scratch), but that's besides the point.

A lot of things can be damaged or destroyed in a fire, many of them irreplaceable. I am very good with 'things'. Replacing or repairing the unique is difficult for me, but not impossible, so long as I have a sufficiently detailed description and whatever remains of the original item (even ashes give clues).

You know you're on the top of my roledex, Sam. And yes, I'm resorting to one right now. I have one just incase I lose any digital address book data.

Waki, while I believe anything is possible, if it was DS, I would be paste right about now. I and the gang Killed him. If he was still around, he'd be looking for me to crush every bone in my body, not do something like this.

Sam, Tommy, if I can get you two retained as PIs, I can get you on this.

But I will need you personally, Sam. I'd rather have a friendly person guarding the roost than a hired guard.

Are you two done with the innuendoes yet? shocked

Give me a call when you've cleared it with the cops. In an ideal world I'd want;

- access to scene;

- anything removed from the scene;

- to be info'ed on the lab analysis

- the logs from street sweeper, aerial eye, and government courrier 'bots that traversed the area for a month before the incident as well as a week after;

- security surveillance logs from the local precinct.

The first three are the important things. The last two are useful but I can work around their absence.

Archived