[OpNet] January 11, 2015 - Public

Sakurako Hino

Though this isn't a social call, this is more of a warning.

Those interested in helping me move may not be too pleased, but I'm cancelling the arrangement for security purposes. I don't want anyone getting entangled in this whole affair between I, Ronin, and DeathSquad.

Simply put, these two are in some sort of honor-bound fight, and now I am in the middle.

Thing is... I intend to end it. By whatever means are necessary.

If this is coming as a shock to anyone, then here is something else I feel I need to say before I don't have a chance in this life.

Goodbye.

1: With enough firepower we'll level this asshole. Forget this whole "Honor" trip Ronin has been on. If I'm gonna survive I'm going to take the fight to DS. Too many people around here cower in fear or even worse, side with every psychopath that walks up.

It's time us sane folk with some backbone stood up to these bullies.

2: While I'm not asking for an army, if I had one behind me it would be good. I just won't ask you to fight along side me when the time comes. I will not force anyone else to put their lives on the line for me.

I'm not terribly interested in hunting DeathSquad down, if that's what you mean. However, if you'd like some help defending yourself and your home, I'm cool with that - good neighbors and all.

With some warning, I can do mojo around your place to make things unpleasant for uninvited guests. Likewise, the site of DeathSquad's last attack should still hold an impression of his quantum signature. It'll take me a little time to extract the impression, but once I do so, I will be able to warn you if he enters the Tokyo area.

Sakurako, you can do this alone if you want to. You can pretend that the world is a cold and dangerous place and you have to be a merciless killer to get by there. You can star in your own little sci-fi horror epic where you try to fight off the psycho death machine.

Or you can ask for help.

Give ronin the benefit of the doubt on this one, and say he's gone missing mysteriously (yet again). He's not using you as bait. He won't show up at the last minute to save you. Then where does your bravado get you when AttentionWhore slips past your defenses?

Go spend a pleasant weekend staying with Codex and Captain Invulnerable. Visit Chicago, currently nova central. Let us help you. We're your friends.

E, I told you I was going to help you move, not it turns out I have these plans to run overseas and now I'll have nothing to do. Looks like I'll just have to hang around. I mean it's been a while since I've seen Conduit, we can catch up or something.

Permission to attempt to participate in (or observe) this engagement is humbly requested.

Mr. Squad would derive great personal benefit from being soundly deconstructed, it is likely. The Others would welcome him, it is certain.

If you all are in on slaying this rabid dog... I must preface all this good will thus; You are risking your lives. Your help must be willing and with that very knowledge. I don't care if it's for me. I don't care if you care about me enough to toss your lives at him. I refuse to have more unnecessary deaths. I am not joking around about this. I know the final conflict will most probably be between Myself and DS. I have already calculated the outcomes.

While I have taken measures to improve my survivability, my chances are still only 50/50. All depends on who the X variable grants it's favor to.

Vile Bill personally warned me about the path I was taking when I played at becoming an Elite. He saw what was coming. Either I would die... horribly... or be changed so irrecoverably, that I would be just as dangerous at DS is now.

Now that bloodsoaked world returns to me. If I want it to or not. Either I kill... or I get killed. If I see him, if I know where he is, if I know he's coming...

He's dead.

He's already taken too much from me. Daedalus cut their damned contract, the JSDF is thinking of ways to get me kicked out of the country, and I think I see several armed troops circling my home. Thinking DS will show up at any moment.

If you're in, you know how to personally contact me. Since everyone here who has posted practically knows how.

Xeno, I cannot ask you to participate, nor anyone. If you wish to though, let me know. I will arrange the proper preparations.

As for Ronin... I know he watches this journal... we need to talk. now.

Archived