[OpNet] 10-19-2014: (PUB) Am I too much of a worry wort?

Sakurako Hino

I guess that's because of a layer of safety I have around myself. I guess youre right, that when I feel safe from the storm, I can enjoy the sky before the storm arrives.

But, I was just asking in general. Getting opinions. Sometimes I just ask myself things, and sometimes I can't answer them without outside opinions from my peers.

*shrug*

It's just me. I'm probably the only Nova seen that actually wears a parachute when she flies. ^O^

Well, since not-careful-enough can end up with you being dead, I would have to say that so far you have been careful enough to survive.

Now, what is it that you intend to accomplish with your life, or even with the next moment? That is the real question. Safety can also be measured in what level of risk you have taken, are taking, or will be taken soon. Wearing a crash helmet when you walk around the house is silly, but wearing it while driving in a demolition derby is plain common sense.

You wear a parachute when you fly? Well, that is nice, as long as you fly on a regular basis and have some reason to believe you would suddenly stop flying at some point and time.

If you wear a parachute, never fly, and never go above the second story of a building, you could be seen as too careful.

Oh, I fly High, Preston. Remember, I'm the girl that likes High-Altitude flying at times. Sometimes it takes me more energy to do things at higher altitudes because of the thinner atmosphere (I've flown over cumulonimbus clouds out of sheer curiosity, Air is pretty thin up there.). Also, if I ever have to do alot of evasive maneuvering (planes, other novas, bird flocks), that takes energy too at relatively more normal altitudes (500 feet to about 1500).

Actually, depending on how I'm getting somewhere I wear different things. So, it's sort of like a golfer choosing the right club. I don't forget to take an oxygen tank for high altitude flight, and I never forget my transponder so that most of the time people know where I'm flying. Although at lower altitudes the private planes I've had to dodge number in the hundreds. I've only really had to actually use my parachute once. I landed in a soybean farmer's crop near Mt. Fuji. He was quite amused. I get a laugh out of it myself.

One must understand that taking care of all outcomes in most cases is impossable.One must also understand that wile some of the greatest things to ever have happened were not planed,not planing also leads to some of the worst distorts of the world.

Take the Western Allies in the end of World War 2, in the European theatre. They Let the Russian armies move into Berlin many other areas not counting on the fact that they would not hold onto that land for the next 50 plus years in some cases. No one really knows what would have happened if the Western allies had moved as fast as they could, but I gather the cold war would have been some what less likely.

• 4 weeks later...

Good example.

But, I am a little more... shaky... toward immediate threats toward my well being.

While I heal up pretty good from a beating, I still need food, water, air, and other things. Sort of odd that way.

Perhaps I am just otherwise fragile, and needing to improve upon, or protect, my shortcomings.

Archived