[OpNet] (PUB) 7-26-2014: Curse my weakness...

Sakurako Hino

Sakurako.gif

Mood: Depressed

Music: None

I suppose if you monitor local news in the region in the US that I am in, that there was yet another tangle with CoMA. Again, their favorite target was Totem. Now, I'm not really an expert on psychology, most I know was gleaned from the few psychologists I have been around. All I have to say is those that tangle with my favorite mythical beast are putting their lives into their own hands. I don't know how Totem managed to restrain himself, perhaps it was his ancestors giving him stregnth, perhaps it was sheer force of will... I don't know. But that's not the case here.

I should have been there. Watching over him. I knew he was a target, and I could have diffused the situation even before the shot was fired. Someone was hurt ON MY WATCH. Instead of micromanaging some of the fairground workers in the intracies of dissasembling a cooling array, I should have meen making sure that the dome Totem was in was 100% secure.

I cannot help but feel negligent for not providing proper security. I honestly thought this was a safe and peaceful surrounding for a festival, and I was under the belief that the tribal authorities were enough.

It seems I was wrong.

Now, legally, I did provide adequate security, but tell that to my concience. Tell that to the wounded individual.

I'll have that man know his bills are covered. Rest well.

They are out there Sakurako. They wait to strike when they can. You have had your own brushes with those who wish us harm of late.

I am actually relieved that all CoMa managed to do is send a distraught wife/mother to kill me. I really don't care what they try to pull on me but I am glad you and the Sheriff's department has done a top notch job of protecting the people who have come over the past month. Thank you.

Well, while the thanks is quite nice, I don't know if my concience feels cleared yet. Or is it more of an Honor thing... I don't know, but there is just something about this that gnaws at me. There's no logic behind such hatred and behavior. Sending a woman out to be a martyr before your claws... it's... just plain wrong.

Archived