[OpNet] Opcourses.

Wakinyan

Wow. The primary info Lee sent me came through the other day and wow I dunno if I am ready for it. I mean why Sandcaster coached me through the G.E.D. work she was there guiding me until I got it. But the basics for the classwork Shovelbum has planned for me I have to admit are a bit daunting.

I guess I kinda thought it was going to be all fun and games. Running from giant boulders and restless natives (me being one of them). But I never really imagined this work could be so well... anal retentive. I mean gridding off a section of earth and spending a month there finding every little thing and recording exactly where you find it. Don't get me wrong I am still very much interested in this but I was kinda hoping for a fedora and a bullwhip.

Actually someone sent me there not to long ago. Someone who will remain nameless but it was breathtaking and I want to see it again.

Yeah if you feel like making me a spacesuit hey I won't complain. Remeber I don't have a eufiber allergy so we are good in that department.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wakinyan:
Wow. The primary info Lee sent me came through the other day and wow I dunno if I am ready for it. I mean why Sandcaster coached me through the G.E.D. work she was there guiding me until I got it. But the basics for the classwork Shovelbum has planned for me I have to admit are a bit daunting.

I guess I kinda thought it was going to be all fun and games. Running from giant boulders and restless natives (me being one of them). But I never really imagined this work could be so well... anal retentive. I mean gridding off a section of earth and spending a month there finding every little thing and recording exactly where you find it. Don't get me wrong I am still very much interested in this but I was kinda hoping for a fedora and a bullwhip.
Archaeology is something I personally find boring as batshit. Sorry, Lee, but I much prefer studying manuscripts that aren't infested with fleas and mosquitos. wink

If you need historical background, I should be able to chase it up. I suggest using oral histories over documents written by outsiders first, but the written records do have their uses.

Quote:
Originally posted by Samhra:
Archaeology is something I personally find boring as batshit. Sorry, Lee, but I much prefer studying manuscripts that aren't infested with fleas and mosquitos. wink
Ah, but fleas and mosquitos are what makes it exciting. And the race to be the first person to come across the scorpion layer is always a good time.

No sorries needed, I find 'studying over manuscripts' to be 'boring as batshit'. Different strokes and all that. If we could only use our combined abilities for good instead of evil :P

Wakinyan-I wouldn't suggest the coursework if I didn't think you could do it. You need to put a little more faith in yourself, I think you have what it takes (in general not just archaeology) you just need a little practice and refinement.

Trust me on this, I've been doing this long enough to figure out what most students are capable of. So unless you are 100% completely different from every student I've ever taught, then you should be ok. And if you make it, I'll make sure you get your whip and fedora wink

P.S. I'm still waiting for my first shootout with a Nazi, I've gotten close and I know that one day it'll happen.

Archived