[OpNet] Bad rep.

Wakinyan

Apparently I am starting to get a bad reputation. Aside from the Berserk Nova the press labels me as. Other Novas are starting to have a rather negative opinion of me as well.

I am not sure how to respond to this. Each of us are unique we each have our issues. I have mine. I guess they can be considered antisocial or destructive but I do not like to think that is all that I am..

I don't give a damn

'Bout my reputation

I've never been afraid of any deviation

An' I don't really care

If ya think I'm strange

I ain't gonna change

An' I'm never gonna care

'Bout my bad reputation.

That's comes from some preinformation age baseline singer my older sister use to listen to. Sis never did have any taste for music. But that prehistory songtress had your same riff down cold.

See, here's the thing. How the hell is anyone suppose to know when or how you're going to snap out and go racing to the stark primaries of Psycho City? Neil and Samhra can talk all the shit they want about this and I don't mean to insult them but basically they do it because they can talk shit. They know if Totem goes on on a rampage, either of them can just spark off some juice to bring you back to pretty pastel center again. No harm done. You're not stupid so you know this. The rest of what they say on the subject is just talking shit cause without the juice they'd be griffin snacks same as anyone else.

Oh, and you blew me off. You done used your Tarot only paints hotties of the opposite sex card.

Laterz.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wakinyan:
I am not sure how to respond to this. Each of us are unique we each have our issues. I have mine. I guess they can be considered antisocial or destructive but I do not like to think that is all that I am..
Hey, man, it's all I've seen from you. If you've got another side, then please, show it. Look back through news articles about you. They're all about you destroying something. And that's when your friends aren't covering up for you, and the community only hears about it second-hand.

I've got my own bad rep, thank you very much. I know why I've got it - I'm an ass. But I'm an honest ass. I love my daughter and my mom. I try to be a nicer, better person. I tend to fail if it's at all important.

But I've never needed another nova to stop me from a blind rage - well, not since I gained control of my powers. And I've never had a woman complain that I forced her or kidnapped her. Have I hurt women? In the past, yes, for I have been an ass (Angie, I'm looking at you - feel free to start the rant).

You want people to stop having a negative perception of you? Stop being a destructive person. Join the rest of the world. Help little, old ladies across the street. Kiss babies. Rescue kittens from trees and dogs from puppy mills. Yeah, do the big, good things, too, but the small things are what people are gonna remember.

Shit... you wanna have a beer sometime? From one ass to another?

I have to wonder are you still a Terat? I mean do you embrace your personal evolution? You seem to be inclined to tell me to reject mine. Do you walk the path of Teras or where you a member of Pandemonium who was just in it for the parties?

Beer is good and I will happily toast a sunset or sunrise with you sometime.

I am what I am, and that usually changes from day to day. I am Chaos, after all. wink

I didn't know your path involved being destructive. That, of course, changes everything. Can't impinge on your personal path because someone else might have to pay for it.

But I get your game now. Your path lets you do what you want to whom you want to do, and if anyone tells you you're being an ass, you can tell them that they're stepping on your toes.

I'll say it again - you want people to like you, then treat them better. And if you don't care what they think, then why are you whining about your rep? Be a Monster or be a Marvel or be a Portent or whatever the fuck you are being. But don't expect that people are going to like you when you're done. And don't expect people like me to stand by and let you use people we care about as stepping stones on your path.

Sounds like we're working up to a drunken fighting match. I'll see if I have the time to spare for that - both the meeting and the recovery.

Alright fair enough you seem to want a brawl so we can go if you like.

People do not have to like me. I do not require them to do so. But I expect them to judge for themselves. You seem to have already which is fine but don't turn me into a boogie man because you have turned over a new leaf.

I don't have to turn you into anything. You're doing a great job of that by yourself.

And fighting's my bread and butter, my way of communicating. I only mentioned the drunken brawl because you suggested I was a Pandy and then agreed to beer. And the two seemed to go hand in hand so well. Course, it's easy to agree to a fight you know you'll win...

And back to the very first post - the one that started this: if you're not just a destructive mess, then show us. Burden of proof is on you.

Well I suppose you are right. If you act like a jerk people will think you are one. Even if you are 14 feet tall and weigh a ton.

I don't know much about you really Sean. You could be Mal's little brother with that red hair of yours and could kick my ass to Adis Ababba and back. But fighting people tougher than I am seems to be a habit I have gotten into. Doesn't mean I will back down if you want to wrestle we can wrestle. If you want to knock back a few kegs afterward I am all for that as well.

As for proof of destructive mess..

Well I am sure there are a few people here who would say I am not all talons, fur and fury all the time.

Your "brother" lacks deep pockets and a decent publicist. Both of which are assets possessed by the Windy City Knights nova group, I might add. You'll notice that while Daniel Thunderhawk was found not guilty, the onus of the detruction and harm is still attributed to him in the mind of the public rather than to the actions of any other nova or group of novas.

Get a life? The events in Chicago, including the actions of the Windy City Knights and Wakinyan, are part of social history now. The events and the personalities involved will color the views of novas by baselines, and novas regarding baselines, for possibly decades. If this is a sensitive subject to you then I would recommend you develop a tougher skin. Its going to written about and retelevised endlessly. There will be documenaries made, witnesses interviewed and the events referenced in editorials. It's understandable you might have a personal interest in the events, or those involved, but that changes nothing in the greater scheme. For the most part we are all tiny motes adrift in the currents of history. It would be equally useful to complain to the sky for being blue or the rain being wet.

Edit: I am in the group that felt an independent inquiry should have been appointed by the Justice Department rather than allowing the less telegenic nova to bear the brunt of the public's fear and indignation. Bread and circuses should have gone out of style in an enlightened society.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Preston:
Mr. Micro ... you are a prick.
Call it what you will. Ibiza proved something about novas in a baseline world. Chicago proved something about Ibiza. Acknowledging the realities of the situation places me in a position to take effective action. I find this desirable even though it may lack the shock value of "get a life."

Quote:
Wakinyan:
Apparently I am starting to get a bad reputation. Aside from the Berserk Nova the press labels me as. Other Novas are starting to have a rather negative opinion of me as well.

It isn't all that you are.

However, and I'm going to be brutal here, your issues kill people. So do mine for that matter. I think at last count I still have more corpses to my name than you do, but you have a lot more instances of loss of control.

The solution is, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Built your life and your lifestyle around your strengths and weaknesses.

Archived