[OpNet] The way of the old.

Wakinyan

Now that I am home I can think ahead once more. I try to see the future in the smoke once again.

Many of the people believe I am to be the fulfillment of the Ghost Dance. That I will wipe the white man from the land and give it back to the tribes.

I am no fool, I know this cannot happen. But I know I am a symbol and more than just that. If I am to be a role model I need to adapt to this modern world as well as revive the old ways. On top of that I need to balance myself by spirit..

So I talk with the spirits and they wish me to accept the old ways. They are proud of my wife but they ask me why I still follow the Wasicu path of only one. I had no answer for this other than it was a new age. Yet is that the answer? Must all things be given up for what the white man and his church finds acceptable? My answer on this one thing is no. I realize that part of me has always wanted this and I realize it was always a part of our people before our will was broken by a cross used as a hammer.

Just one of many of the old ways in a new world I now consider.

I believe, Wakinyan, that you will find that the legal code of the state of South Dakota has something to say on the matter. Given your recent difficulties, I would caution you to give serious consideration to the possible rammifications of the action that you are considering.

Unrelated people who have never even had contact with each other can still both arrive at the same "like" independantly.

Have you thought that maybe you want one wife because that's all you want?

It does not require any outside influence. It might just be what you like regardless.

~Noir

I don't know if I really want one wife. I am at crossed thoughts on this really. There is more than just the obvious social contracts that apparently must apply to me.

But even if I take another wife or more wives I have to answer some key questions. Can I support them in ways needed. Attention, Love, Resource. I do consider these things and I think I am capable of these things. Hence the reason this keeps coming up in my mind.

At first I thought I wanted a harem. Beautiful women that I could covet and keep but I hated myself for those thoughts. I realize now that isn't correctly what I wanted. I want partners. Lovers who I can support and can support me. Bare me children who will be strong and of renown. Each who are strong and unique and I can treasure for what they give me. There are a few other reasons which I don't care to share openly at the moment but those who I am interested will know soon enough if they wish to discuss things with me.

When you subtract some of the sexual baggage, the discussion sounds less like a philosophy on polygamy and more like a desire for a family. Of course with family you don't get to choose if they'll always be supportive or accepting of support. And kids generally develop their own ideas on who they are and what they can or will be.

I have to say I'm a little... Not jealous exactly but maybe the slightest bit envious. I haven't found the right one yet. Well actually I did but it's never going to work out. Different worlds. You on the other hand seem to have found many that suit you. You're a lucky man.

Archived